63rd FAMAS Awards was held at Newport Performing Arts Center. Toni Gonzaga Best Actress.
The star-studded night of the 63rd FAMAS Awards (Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and Sciences Awards 2015) was held at Newport Performing Arts Center last September 20th.
It was a night full of glamour and nostalgia.
Top acting awards went to Toni Gonzaga, who won as Best Actress for her role in Starting Over Again; and to Allen Dizon who got the Best Actor award for his role in Magkakabaung.
Gabby Eigenmann won as Best Supporting Actor for Asintado while Sylvia Sanchez won as Best Supporting Actress for The Trial.
The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to the trio of Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey de Leon.
Six well-renowned and respected actresses were recognized as Iconic Movie Queens of Philippine Cinema namely:
- Nora Aunor
- Sarah Geronimo
- Susan Roces
- Gloria Romero
- Maricel Soriano
- Dawn Zulueta
Among them, Sarah Geronimo is the youngest.
Meanwhile, Coco Martin was given the Fernando Poe, Jr. Memorial Award.
Coco Martin is currently the lead in the TV series, Ang Probinsyano, which is based on the popular FPJ Film of the same title.
Other 63rd FAMAS Award winners include the following:
- Best Picture: Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo
- Film Critics Choice Award: Esoterika:Maynila
- Best Director: Enzo Williams for Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo
- Best Child Performer: Miggs Cuaderno for Asintado
- Best Screenplay and Best Story: The Trial (Ricardo Lee, Enrico Santos, Kriz Gazmen)
- Best Cinematography: Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo by Carlo Mendoza
- Best Editing: Feng Shui by Carlo Francisco Manatad
- Best Visual Effects: Magnum Muslim .357 by Erick Torrente
- Best Production Design: Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo by Roy Lachica and Joel Bilbao
- Best Musical Score: She’s Dating the Gangster by Cesar Francisco
- Best Sound: Feng Shui by Addiss Tabong