The Philippine Phenomenal star, Maine Mendoza (age 23), was voted as the ‘Ultimate Asian Sweetheart 2018‘ on August 20, 2018, in a poll by entertainment site Starmometer.
Maine Mendoza grabbed the top spot in a month-long online poll named “100 Asian Sweethearts“.
Ranking of five ‘100 Asian Sweethearts’ semi-finalists
1. (Philippines) Maine Mendoza : 757,430 votes
2. (Thailand) Actress Urassaya Sperbund : 401,867 votes
3. (India) Actress Sanaya Irani : 332,394 votes
4. (South Korea) Rapper Jennie Kim : 118,150 votes
5. (China) TV Star Shen Yue : 39,587 votes
Maine Mendoza is the other half of the popular love team called AlDub, opposite Alden Richards (age 26).
She rose to fame via her iconic role as “Yaya Dub” in the “Kalyeserye” series of the longest-running noontime variety show in the Philippines, Eat Bulaga.
Maine Mendoza is presently a co-host on Eat Bulaga and is shooting a Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2018 entry titled “Jack Em Popoy: The PulisCrebidles.”
Actor-director Coco Martin (age 36) and Maine Mendoza play the roles as Jack and Emily, respectively, while Popoy will be played by veteran comedian Vic Sotto.