Chernobyl is a historical drama TV miniseries created by Craig Mazin. It dramatizes the true story of the April 1986 explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in the USSR, one of the world’s worst man-made catastrophes.
The miniseries reveals how and why the nuclear plant disaster happened, and tells the remarkable stories of the people who sacrificed to save Europe from unimaginable cataclysm.
Estimates as to how many people died at Chernobyl is highly controversial. In 2005, a team of 100 scientists concluded that the Chernobyl explosion had killed 4,000 people. By 2011, the Union of Concerned Scientists gave a higher estimate of 27,000 people killed at Chernobyl. Greenpeace in 2006 has a much higher estimate ranging from 93,000 to 200,000.
Meanwhile, the official Soviet report state that 31 people died at Chernobyl, as a direct result of the tragic accident.
- Release date : May 6, 2019
- Genre : Drama
- Language : English
- Country of origin : United States / UK
- First aired : May 6, 2019
- Network : HBO (US) / Sky Atlantic (UK)
‘Chernobyl’ (2019 TV Mini-Series)
‘Chernobyl’ (2019 TV Mini-Series) cast
- Jared Harris as Valery Legasov
- Stellan Skarsgard as Boris Shcherbina
- Emily Watson as Ulana Khomyuk
- Paul Ritter as Anatoly Dyatlov
- Jessie Buckley as Lyudmilla Ignatenko
- Barry Keoghan
- Ralph Ineson
- Adrian Rawlins as Nikolai Fomin
- Con O’Neill as Viktor Bryukhanov
- Sam Troughton
- Adam Nagaitis as Vasily Ignatenko
- Mark Lewis Jones
- Fares Fares
- David Dencik
- Billy Postlethwaite as Stolyarchuk