Casino Royale is a 2006 spy film, the twenty-first in the Eon Productions James Bond series, and the third screen adaptation of Ian Fleming’s 1953 novel of the same name. Directed by Martin Campbell and written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, and Paul Haggis, it is the first film to star Daniel Craig as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond, and was produced by Eon Productions for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Columbia Pictures, making it the first Eon-produced Bond film to be co-produced by the latter studio. Following Die Another Day, Eon Productions decided to reboot the series, allowing them to show a less experienced and more vulnerable Bond.
- Starring : Daniel Craig / Eva Green
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Thriller
- Country : United Kingdom / Czech Republic / United States / Germany / Bahamas
- Language : Serbian / German / Italian / English / French
- Director : Martin Campbell
- Production : Columbia Pictures / Eon Productions / Casino Royale Productions / Stillking Films / Casino Royale / Studio Babelsberg / Government of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas / Danjaq / United Artists
- Distributor : Sony Pictures Releasing / Columbia Pictures / Alexandra Films / Buena Vista International / Columbia TriStar Films de Argentina / Gaumont/Columbia TriStar Films / Kaskad / Nordisk Film / Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) / Sony Pictures Filmverleih / Nordisk Film Biografdistribution / LK-TEL / Sony Pictures Entertainment / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / ITV – Independent Television / France 2 (FR2) / SBS6 / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Sub / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / FS Film / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment / Rai 3 / Sega Sammy Entertainment / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM)
Casino Royale movie
Casino Royale release date
- November 14, 2006 : UK (London) (premiere)
- November 15, 2006 : United Arab Emirates
- November 15, 2006 : Philippines
- November 16, 2006 : UK
- November 16, 2006 : Ireland
- November 16, 2006 : Israel
- November 16, 2006 : Singapore
- November 17, 2006 : Canada
- November 17, 2006 : France (Paris) (premiere)
- November 17, 2006 : USA
- November 20, 2006 : Spain (Madrid) (premiere)
- November 21, 2006 : Germany (Berlin) (premiere)
- November 22, 2006 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- November 22, 2006 : France
- November 23, 2006 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 23, 2006 : Germany
- November 23, 2006 : Japan (Tokyo International Cine City Festival)
- November 24, 2006 : Spain
- November 24, 2006 : Sweden
- December 1, 2006 : Japan
- December 4, 2006 : Australia (Sydney) (premiere)
- December 7, 2006 : Australia
- December 15, 2006 : India
- May 9, 2015 : Spain (Barcelona) (re-release)
Casino Royale cast
- Daniel Craig as James Bond
- Eva Green as Vesper Lynd
- Mads Mikkelsen as Le Chiffre
- Judi Dench as M
- Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter
- Giancarlo Giannini as Rene Mathis
- Caterina Murino as Solange
- Simon Abkarian as Alex Dimitrios
- Isaach De Bankolé as Steven Obanno(as Isaach De Bankole)
- Jesper Christensen as Mr. White
- Ivana Milicevic as Valenka
- Tobias Menzies as Villiers
- Claudio Santamaria as Carlos
- Sebastien Foucan as Mollaka(as Sébastien Foucan)
- Malcolm Sinclair as Dryden
Casino Royale takes place at the beginning of Bond’s career as Agent 007, as he is earning his licence to kill. The plot has Bond on an assignment to bankrupt terrorist financier Le Chiffre in a high-stakes poker game at the Casino Royale in Montenegro; Bond falls in love with femme fatale Vesper Lynd, a treasury employee assigned to provide the money he needs for the game. The film begins a story arc that continues in the 2008 film, Quantum of Solace.
Casting involved a widespread search for a new actor to succeed Pierce Brosnan as James Bond; the choice of Craig, announced in October 2005, drew controversy. Location filming took place in the Czech Republic, the Bahamas, Italy, and the United Kingdom with interior sets built at Barrandov Studios and Pinewood Studios.
Casino Royale premiered at the Odeon Leicester Square on 14 November 2006. It received an overwhelmingly positive critical response, with reviewers highlighting Craig’s reinvention of the character and the film’s departure from the tropes of previous Bond films. It earned almost $600 million worldwide, becoming the highest-grossing James Bond film until the release of Skyfall in 2012.
MI6 agent James Bond gains his status as a 00 agent by assassinating traitorous section chief Dryden and his contact.
In Uganda, the mysterious Mr. White introduces Steven Obanno, a high-ranking member of the Lord’s Resistance Army, to Le Chiffre, a private banker to terrorists. Obanno entrusts Le Chiffre with a large sum of money to invest safely; Le Chiffre subsequently buys put options on aerospace manufacturer Skyfleet, betting on the company’s failure given his insider knowledge of a planned terrorist attack.
In Madagascar, Bond pursues bomb-maker Mollaka to an embassy, shooting him dead and blowing up the building. In London, MI6 chief M admonishes Bond for ignoring international law and her orders to capture Mollaka alive. Clues point to corrupt Greek official Alex Dimitrios, whom Bond finds in the Bahamas. Seducing his wife Solange and winning his Aston Martin DB5 (reminiscent of the car from Goldfinger), Bond pursues Dimitrios to Miami, where he is forced to kill him. Following his henchman Carlos to the airport, Bond thwarts the destruction of Skyfleet’s airliner, losing Le Chiffre $101,206,000.
To recoup the money, Le Chiffre organizes a high-stakes Texas hold ’em tournament at the Casino Royale in Montenegro. MI6 enters Bond in the tournament, believing a defeat will force Le Chiffre to seek asylum with the British government in exchange for information on his clients. Bond is paired with Vesper Lynd, a British Treasury agent protecting the $10 million buy-in. In Montenegro, they meet their contact, René Mathis.
Also, check these topics out: X-Men Apocalypse movie, X Factor UK 2019, The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug movie, AGT judges, Schitt’s Creek Season 6 Episode 1, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, GoldenEye movie, Tomorrow Never Dies movie, The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie, Logan movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers movie, John Henry movie, Ray Donovan Season 7 Episode 7. Casino Royale (2006 movie). Casino Royale (2006 movie) trailer starring Daniel Craig, Eva Green.