Norval Greenwood (Elijah Wood), a privileged man-child arrives at the remote coastal cabin of his estranged father (Stephen McHattie), who he hasn’t seen in 30 years. He quickly discovers that not only is dad a jerk, he also has a shady past. Now, hundreds of miles from his comfort zone, Norval must battle with demons both real and perceived in order to reconnect with a father he barely knows.
Come To Daddy is the feature directorial debut of Kiwi producer and filmmaker Ant Timpson. The screenplay is written by Toby Harvard, based on an idea by Ant Timpson. This movie premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. Saban Films will release Come To Daddy in select US theaters and on VOD starting February 7, 2020.
- Starring : Elijah Wood / Stephen McHattie
- Genre : Comedy / Horror / Thriller
- Country : Ireland / Canada / New Zealand / United States
- Language : English
- Director : Ant Timpson
- Production : Firefly Films / Blinder Films / Nowhere / Scythia Films
- Distributor : Saban Films / Umbrella Entertainment / Mongrel Media / Signature
Come To Daddy movie
Come To Daddy release date
- April 25, 2019 : USA (Tribeca Film Festival)
- May 31, 2019 : USA (Overlook Film Festival)
- June 14, 2019 : Australia (Sydney Film Festival)
- July 6, 2019 : Switzerland (Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival)
- July 13, 2019 : Canada (Fantasia International Film Festival)
- August 2, 2019 : Australia (Melbourne International Film Festival)
- August 22, 2019 : UK (FrightFest)
- September 5, 2019 : Germany (Fantasy Filmfest)
- September 13, 2019 : Canada (FIN Atlantic International Film Festival)
- September 14, 2019 : France (Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival)
- September 22, 2019 : USA (Fantastic Fest)
- September 29, 2019 : USA (Beyond Fest)
- October 1, 2019 : Canada (Toronto After Dark Film Festival)
- October 5, 2019 : Canada (Vancouver International Film Festival)
- October 9, 2019 : Spain (Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia)
- October 13, 2019 : UK (Mayhem Film Festival)
- October 25, 2019 : Canada (Toronto After Dark Film Festival)
- November 23, 2019 : Sweden (Gävle Horror Film Festival)
- February 21, 2020 : Canada (Theatrical)
- February 7, 2020 : USA
Come To Daddy cast
- Elijah Wood as Norval Greenwood
- Stephen McHattie as Gordon
- Martin Donovan as Brian
- Michael Smiley as Jethro
- Madeleine Sami as Gladys
- Simon Chin as Dandy
- Garfield Wilson as Ronald Plum
- Ona Grauer as Precious
- Ryan Beil as Danny
- Raresh DiMofte as Swinger
- Alla Rouba as Swinger
- Noam Zylberman as Swinger
- Gord Middleton as Swinger
- Oliver Wilson as Young Norval
Elijah Wood (age 38) is an American actor, voice actor, film producer, and DJ best known for his role as Frodo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy (2001–2003) and in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012).
Wood made his film debut in 1989 with a small part in Back to the Future Part II. He went on to achieve recognition as a child actor with roles in Avalon (1990), Paradise (1991), Radio Flyer, Forever Young (both 1992), The Adventures of Huck Finn and The Good Son (both 1993). He starred in films such as North, The War (both 1994), Flipper (1996), The Ice Storm (1997), Deep Impact and The Faculty (both 1998) in his teen years.
Following the success of Lord of the Rings, Elijah Wood has appeared in various films, including Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Sin City, Green Street, Everything Is Illuminated (all 2005), Paris, je t’aime, Bobby (both 2006), Celeste and Jesse Forever, Maniac (both 2012), Grand Piano (2013), The Last Witch Hunter (2015), The Trust (2016), and I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017).
Wood also became the voice of Mumble in Happy Feet (2006) and its sequel; the title character in 9 (2009); Spyro in the Legend of Spyro video game trilogy (2006–2008); Beck on Disney XD’s Tron: Uprising (2012–2013), and Wirt in the Cartoon Network miniseries Over the Garden Wall (2014).
On TV, Elijah Wood played the role of Ryan Newman on the FX television series Wilfred, for which he received a Satellite Award nomination for Best Actor. From 2016–17, he starred as Todd Brotzman on the BBC America series Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency.
In 2010, Elijah Wood founded the production company SpectreVision, which specializes in producing horror films such as The Greasy Strangler and A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.
Meanwhile, Stephen McHattie (age 73) is a Canadian actor with over 200 film and TV credits since he started his career in 1970. He won the Genie Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in The Rocket, and a Gemini Award for Life With Billy.
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, To All the Boys PS I Still Love You movie, Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace movie, Downhill movie, AGT judges, Green Eggs and Ham Season 2, X-Men movies in order of release date, Finding Dory movie, High Fidelity Season 1, Harley Quinn Season 1 Episode 5, For Life Season 1 Episode 1, Endlings Season 1, X Factor UK 2019, Respect movie. Come To Daddy (2019 movie). Come To Daddy (2019) trailer starring Elijah Wood, Stephen McHattie.