Die Another Day is a 2002 spy film and the twentieth film in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions. It was produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, and directed by Lee Tamahori. It is the fourth and final film to star Pierce Brosnan as MI6 agent James Bond; Halle Berry co-stars as NSA agent Jinx Johnson, the Bond girl. The plot follows Bond as he attempts to track down a mole in the British government who betrayed him to North Korea.
- Starring : Pierce Brosnan / Halle Berry
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Thriller
- Country : United Kingdom / United States
- Language : English / Korean / Cantonese / Spanish / German / Icelandic / Italian / Arabic
- Director : Lee Tamahori
- Production : Eon Productions / Danjaq / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) / United Artists
- Distributor : Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) / 20th Century Fox / FS Film / Fox-Warner / Gemini Film / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Distributing Corporation (MGM) / UGC-Fox Distribution (UFD) / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / 20th Century Fox Argentina / Bontonfilm / Filmes Castello Lopes / Gativideo / MGM Home Entertainment (Europe) / MGM Home Entertainment / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / SBS6 / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / CBS / Sub / Nelonen / RTL Entertainment / Rai 3
Die Another Day movie
Die Another Day release date
- November 11, 2002 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- November 18, 2002 : UK (London) (premiere)
- November 20, 2002 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- November 20, 2002 : Germany (Berlin) (premiere)
- November 20, 2002 : France
- November 20, 2002 : UK
- November 20, 2002 : Ireland
- November 22, 2002 : Canada
- November 22, 2002 : Spain
- November 22, 2002 : Israel (premiere)
- November 22, 2002 : USA
- November 27, 2002 : Philippines
- November 28, 2002 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 28, 2002 : Germany
- November 28, 2002 : Israel
- November 28, 2002 : Sweden
- December 5, 2002 : Singapore
- December 10, 2002 : Australia (Melbourne) (premiere)
- December 12, 2002 : Australia
- December 20, 2002 : India
- January 31, 2003 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- March 8, 2003 : Japan
Die Another Day cast
- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
- Halle Berry as Jinx Johnson
- Toby Stephens as Gustav Graves
- Rosamund Pike as Miranda Frost
- Rick Yune as Zao
- Judi Dench as M
- John Cleese as Q
- Michael Madsen as Damian Falco
- Will Yun Lee as Colonel Moon
- Kenneth Tsang as General Moon
- Emilio Echevarría as Raoul
- Michael Gor as Vlad(as Michael Gorevoy)
- Lawrence Makoare as Mr. Kil
- Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson
- Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny
The film marked the James Bond franchise’s 40th anniversary. Die Another Day includes references to each of the preceding films. The film received mixed reviews. Some critics praised the work of Tamahori, while others criticised the film’s heavy use of computer-generated imagery, which they found unconvincing and a distraction from the film’s plot. Nevertheless, Die Another Day was the highest-grossing James Bond film up to that time unadjusted for inflation.
MI6 agent James Bond infiltrates a North Korean military base where Colonel Tan-Sun Moon is illegally trading weapons for African conflict diamonds. After Moon’s assistant Zao discovers that Bond is a British agent via an unknown source, Moon attempts to kill Bond and a hovercraft chase ensues, ending with Moon’s apparent death. Bond survives but is captured by North Korean soldiers and imprisoned by the Colonel’s father, General Moon.
After fourteen months of captivity and torture, Bond is traded for Zao in a prisoner exchange. He is sedated and taken to meet M, who informs him that his status as a 00 Agent has been suspended under suspicion of having leaked information under duress. Bond is convinced that he has been set up by a double agent in the British government. After escaping MI6 custody, he discovers that he is in Hong Kong, where he learns from a Chinese agent that Zao is in Cuba.
In Havana, Bond meets and has sex with NSA agent Giacinta “Jinx” Johnson. Bond follows her to a gene therapy clinic, where patients can have their appearances altered through DNA restructuring. Bond locates Zao inside the clinic and attempts to kill him, but he escapes, leaving behind a pendant which leads Bond to a cache of diamonds, identified as conflict diamonds, but bearing the crest of the company owned by British billionaire businessman Gustav Graves. Bond learns that Graves only appeared a year prior, apparently discovering a vein of diamonds in Iceland leading to his current wealth, celebrity, and philanthropy from its assets.
At Blades Club in London, Bond meets Graves along with his assistant Miranda Frost, who is also an undercover MI6 agent. After a fencing battle, Bond is invited by Graves to Iceland for a scientific demonstration. Shortly afterwards, M tells Bond of MI6’s doubts about Graves, restores Bond’s Double-0 status and offers assistance in the investigation.
At his ice palace adjacent to the diamond mine site in Iceland, Graves unveils a new orbital mirror satellite, “Icarus”, which is able to focus solar energy on a small area and provide year-round sunshine for crop development. Jinx infiltrates Graves’ command centre, but is captured by Graves and Zao. Bond rescues her and discovers that Colonel Moon is still alive. Moon has used the gene therapy technology to change his appearance, creating the identity of Gustav Graves and amassing his fortune from sale of the conflict diamonds.
Also, check these topics out: AGT judges, The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug movie, Tomorrow Never Dies movie, The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers movie, Casino Royale movie, Ray Donovan Season 7 Episode 7, John Henry movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie, GoldenEye movie, Logan movie, X-Men Apocalypse movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, X Factor UK 2019. Die Another Day (2002 movie). Die Another Day (2002 movie) trailer starring Pierce Brosnan, Halle Berry.