Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 is a 2011 fantasy film directed by David Yates and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is the second of two cinematic parts based on J. K. Rowling’s 2007 novel of the same name. The film, which is the eighth and final instalment in the Harry Potter series, was written by Steve Kloves and produced by David Heyman, David Barron, and Rowling. The story continues to follow Harry Potter’s quest to find and destroy Lord Voldemort’s Horcruxes in order to stop him once and for all.
- Starring : Daniel Radcliffe / Rupert Grint
- Genre : Adventure / Drama / Fantasy / Mystery
- Country : United States / United Kingdom
- Language : English
- Director : David Yates
- Production : Warner Bros. / Heyday Films / Moving Picture Company (MPC)
- Distributor : AcmeFilm / Columbia TriStar Warner Filmes de Portugal / FS Film / Panorama Studios / Village Films / Warner Bros. / Westec Media Limited / ABC Family / HBO Max / Home Box Office (HBO) / Moviemax Family / Nippon Television Network (NTV) / SBS6 / Sandrew Metronome Distribution / Sub / Warner Bros. Home Entertainment / Warner Home Video
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 movie
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 release date
- July 7, 2011 : UK (London) (premiere)
- July 11, 2011 : USA (New York City, New York) (premiere)
- July 13, 2011 : Australia
- July 13, 2011 : Germany
- July 13, 2011 : France
- July 13, 2011 : Israel
- July 13, 2011 : Japan (Tokyo) (premiere)
- July 13, 2011 : Sweden
- July 14, 2011 : Philippines
- July 14, 2011 : Singapore
- July 15, 2011 : Canada
- July 15, 2011 : Spain
- July 15, 2011 : UK
- July 15, 2011 : Ireland
- July 15, 2011 : India
- July 15, 2011 : Japan
- July 15, 2011 : USA
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 cast
- Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort
- Michael Gambon as Professor Albus Dumbledore
- Alan Rickman as Professor Severus Snape
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
- Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
- Domhnall Gleeson as Bill Weasley
- Clémence Poésy as Fleur Delacour
- Warwick Davis as Griphook / Professor Filius Flitwick
- John Hurt as Ollivander
- Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange
- Graham Duff as Death Eater
- Anthony Allgood as Gringotts’ Guard
- Rusty Goffe as Aged Gringotts’ Goblin
The film stars Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, alongside Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as Harry’s best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Principal photography began on 19 February 2009, and was completed on 12 June 2010, with reshoots taking place in December 2010, more than ten years after filming started on the first instalment of the series. Part 2 was released in 2D, 3-D and IMAX cinemas worldwide from 13–15 July 2011, and is the only Harry Potter film to be released in 3-D.
The film became a commercial success and one of the best reviewed films of 2011, with praise for the acting, Yates’s direction, musical score, visual effects, cinematography, action sequences, and the satisfying conclusion of the saga. At the box office, Part 2 claimed the worldwide opening weekend record, earning $483.2 million, as well as setting opening day and opening weekend records in various countries. Part 2 grossed over $1.3 billion worldwide and became the third-highest-grossing film of all time, as well as the highest-grossing film of 2011. As of 2019, it is the 12th-highest-grossing film of all time, the highest-grossing film in the Harry Potter series, as well as in the Wizarding World franchise, and the ninth film to gross over $1 billion. It is also the highest-grossing film of Warner Bros. and its parent company WarnerMedia.
The Blu-ray and DVD sets were released on 11 November 2011 in the United States and on 2 December 2011 in the United Kingdom. The film was also released in the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection box set on DVD and Blu-ray, which included all eight films and new special features. Part 1 and Part 2 were released as a combo pack on DVD and Blu-ray on 11 November 2011 in Canada. The film won several awards and was nominated for many more, including three nominations at the Academy Awards for Best Art Direction, Best Makeup and Best Visual Effects.
Harry Potter is a British-American film series based on the eponymous novels by author J. K. Rowling. The series is distributed by Warner Bros. and consists of eight fantasy films, beginning with Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001) and culminating with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011). A spin-off prequel series that will consist of five films started with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016), marking the beginning of the Wizarding World shared media franchise.
The series was mainly produced by David Heyman, and stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson as the three leading characters: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. Four directors worked on the series: Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuarón, Mike Newell, and David Yates. Michael Goldenberg wrote the screenplay for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), while the remaining films had their screenplays written by Steve Kloves. Production took place over ten years, with the main story arc following Harry Potter’s quest to overcome his arch-enemy Lord Voldemort.
Also, check these topics out: AGT judges, Treadstone Season 1 Episode 10, Jurassic World movie, Xbox Series X price, X-Men movies in order of release date, X Factor UK 2019, Man of Steel movie, Dr. Stone Season 2, The Avengers movie, game awards winners, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Sinner Season 3 Episode 1, Almost Family Season 1 Episode 9, Harley Quinn Season 1 Episode 4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011 movie). Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011) trailer | Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint.