Jurassic Park III is a 2001 American science fiction adventure film and the third installment in the Jurassic Park film series. The film stars Sam Neill, William H. Macy, Téa Leoni, Alessandro Nivola, Trevor Morgan, and Michael Jeter.
It is the first film in the series Steven Spielberg did not direct; neither was it based on a book by Michael Crichton, although numerous scenes in the film were taken from Crichton’s novels Jurassic Park and The Lost World. Events depicted in the film take place on Isla Sorna, an island off Central America’s Pacific coast, where a divorced couple have tricked Dr. Alan Grant into helping them find their son.The film features the Spinosaurus, replacing the Tyrannosaurus rex as the main antagonist.
- Starring : Sam Neill / William H. Macy
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : Joe Johnston
- Production : Universal Pictures / Amblin Entertainment
- Distributor : Universal Studios / Universal Pictures / United International Pictures (UIP) / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Film1 / Kanal 2 / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / Netflix / Prem’er Video Fil’m / SBS6 / Sony Pictures Entertainment / TV3 Norge / Universal Home Video / Universal Pictures Finland / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Veronica / Waylen Group
Jurassic Park III movie
Jurassic Park III release date
- July 16, 2001 : USA (premiere)
- July 18, 2001 : USA
- July 19, 2001 : Singapore
- July 20, 2001 : UK
- July 20, 2001 : Ireland
- July 20, 2001 : Philippines (premiere)
- July 25, 2001 : Philippines
- July 26, 2001 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- July 27, 2001 : Spain
- August 2, 2001 : Germany
- August 2, 2001 : Israel
- August 8, 2001 : France
- August 11, 2001 : Japan
- August 24, 2001 : Sweden
- August 30, 2001 : Australia
Jurassic Park III cast
- Sam Neill as Dr. Alan Grant
- William H. Macy as Paul Kirby
- Téa Leoni as Amanda Kirby
- Alessandro Nivola as Billy Brennan
- Trevor Morgan as Eric Kirby
- Michael Jeter as Udesky
- John Diehl as Cooper
- Bruce A. Young as Nash
- Laura Dern as Ellie
- Taylor Nichols as Mark
- Mark Harelik as Ben Hildebrand
- Julio Oscar Mechoso as Enrique Cardoso
- Blake Michael Bryan as Charlie(as Blake Bryan)
- Sarah Danielle Madison as Cheryl
- Linda Park as Hannah
After the success of Spielberg’s film Jurassic Park, Joe Johnston expressed interest in directing a sequel. Spielberg gave Johnston permission to direct a third film in the series, if there was to be one. Production of Jurassic Park III began in 2000, and the film was released in July 2001. Despite mixed reviews from critics, the film was successful at the box office, grossing $368 million worldwide. The next film in the series, Jurassic World, was released in June 2015.
Ben Hildebrand and Eric Kirby go parasailing, tethered to a boat, over the waters near Isla Sorna. The boat’s crew disappears, prompting Ben to detach the line before the boat crashes. He and Eric drift towards the island.
Eight weeks later, paleontologist Dr. Alan Grant has made a new discovery about the intelligence of Velociraptors, but struggles to secure funding for his research. Grant discusses his discovery of a resonating larynx on fossilized raptor remains with his longtime colleague Ellie. This, and his experience at Jurassic Park, leads him to believe that the original Velociraptors were socially sophisticated. He hypothesizes that if they had not gone extinct and continued to evolve, their descendants—rather than humans—would have become Earth’s dominant species. His assistant Billy Brennan uses a 3D printer to replicate the Velociraptor larynx.
Paul and Amanda Kirby, posing as a wealthy couple, offer funding for Grant’s research if he will give them an aerial tour of Isla Sorna. Grant reluctantly agrees and flies there with Paul, Amanda, Billy, and the Kirbys’ mercenary associates Udesky, Cooper, and their pilot Nash. During the flight, Grant learns that the Kirbys plan to land on the island; he protests but Cooper knocks him unconscious.
Grant awakens to discover that they have landed. A Spinosaurus approaches the group, who board the plane to escape, leaving Cooper behind as he tries to reach the plane. The Spinosaurus emerges on the runway and devours Cooper. In avoiding the Spinosaurus, the plane crashes into the forest. The Spinosaurus destroys the plane and consumes Nash along with Paul’s satellite phone. Fleeing, the survivors briefly lose the Spinosaurus but encounter a Tyrannosaurus rex. The Spinosaurus returns but the group escapes while the two dinosaurs fight. The Spinosaurus kills the T. rex by snapping its neck.
Also, check these topics out: Spider-Man 3 movie, Batman v Superman movie, Elsewhere movie, AGT judges, 2 Fast 2 Furious movie, Spider-Man 2 movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, X Factor UK 2019, Survivor Season 40 Episodes 1 and 2, The Truth movie, The Fast and the Furious movie, Golden Globes 2020 nominations, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, You Season 2. Jurassic Park III (2001 movie). Jurassic Park III (2001 movie) trailer starring Sam Neill, William H. Macy.