Minions is a 2015 American 3D computer-animated comedy film, serving as a spin-off prequel to the Despicable Me franchise. Produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures, it was directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, written by Brian Lynch, and produced by Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy.
The film stars the voices of Coffin (as the Minions, including: Kevin, Stuart, and Bob), Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm, Michael Keaton, Allison Janney, Steve Coogan, and Jennifer Saunders, with the narration provided by Geoffrey Rush. It was first foreshadowed in the end credits of Despicable Me 2 (2013), where Kevin, Stuart, and Bob, three of the Minions and the film’s main characters, are seen auditioning for the film.
- Starring : Sandra Bullock / Jon Hamm
- Genre : Animation / Adventure / Comedy / Family / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : Kyle Balda / Pierre Coffin
- Production : Illumination Entertainment / Universal Pictures
- Distributor : Universal Pictures / Andes Films / Columbia Pictures / NOS Audiovisuais / Svensk Filmindustri (SF) / Toho-Towa / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Westec Media Limited / FX Network / Feelgood Entertainment / Home Box Office (HBO) / KVH Media Group / National Broadcasting Company (NBC) / Universal Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Minions release date
- June 11, 2015 : UK (London) (premiere)
- June 18, 2015 : Australia
- June 18, 2015 : Singapore
- June 26, 2015 : UK
- June 26, 2015 : Ireland
- July 1, 2015 : Sweden
- July 2, 2015 : Germany
- July 2, 2015 : Israel
- July 3, 2015 : Spain
- July 8, 2015 : France
- July 8, 2015 : Philippines
- July 10, 2015 : Canada
- July 10, 2015 : India
- July 10, 2015 : USA
- July 31, 2015 : Japan
- February 21, 2016 : Japan (Mt. Fuji-Kawaguchiko Lake Film Festival)
- September 17, 2016 : Japan (Furuyu Movie Festival)
- Sandra Bullock as Scarlet Overkill(voice)
- Jon Hamm as Herb Overkill(voice)
- Michael Keaton as Walter Nelson(voice)
- Allison Janney as Madge Nelson(voice)
- Steve Coogan as Professor Flux(voice)
- Jennifer Saunders as The Queen(voice)
- Geoffrey Rush as Narrator(voice)
- Steve Carell as Young Gru(voice)
- Pierre Coffin as The Minions(voice)
- Katy Mixon as Tina(voice)
- Michael Beattie as VNC Announcer(voice)
- Hiroyuki Sanada as Sumo Villain(voice)
- Dave Rosenbaum as Fabrice(voice)
- Alex Dowding as Royal Advisor(voice)
- Paul Thornley as News Reporter(voice)
Minions had its premiere on June 11, 2015, in Leicester Square, London, and went into general release in the United States on July 10, 2015. Critical response was mixed: some critics praised the comedic aspects of the film and the vocal performances of Bullock and Hamm, while also saying they felt that the title characters were not able to carry the film on their own, and that the villains were flatly characterized. The film has grossed over $1.1 billion worldwide (outgrossing each of the Despicable Me films), making it the fifth-highest-grossing film of 2015, the 20th highest-grossing film of all time, the fourth highest-grossing animated film (behind the 2019 version of The Lion King, Frozen, and Incredibles 2) and the highest-grossing non-Disney animated film. A sequel, Minions: The Rise of Gru will be released on July 3, 2020.
Minions are small, yellow creatures who have existed since the beginning of time, evolving from yellow single-celled organisms into beings which exist only to serve history’s most despicable masters. After rolling a Tyrannosaurus into a volcano, getting their caveman leader eaten by a cave bear, crushing a Pharaoh under a pyramid after upside-down construction, exposing Count Dracula to sunlight, and accidentally firing a cannon into Napoleon while in Russia, the Minions are driven into isolation and start a new life in a massive cave. After many years, the Minions become depressed, restless, and unmotivated without a master to serve. To regain their dignity and sense of purpose, Kevin, one fearless Minion, decides to set out to find a new master and asks for help. Stuart, a musically inclined, one-eyed Minion, and Bob, a young and inexperienced but enthusiastic Minion, are recruited.
The trio journey to New York, when the year is 1968. After spending the day attempting to blend in, the Minions end up in a department store for the night, where they accidentally discover a hidden commercial broadcast for villains advertising Villain-Con; a convention for villains and supervillains in Orlando. The trio hitchhikes a ride with the Nelson family and impress them with their accidental villainy after being chased by police. At the convention, they see Scarlet Overkill, a female supervillain who unexpectedly hires them and takes them to her home in England. They phone the rest of the Minions to get them to join.
Despicable Me is an animated media franchise produced by Illumination and distributed by Universal Pictures, consisting of four feature films, thirteen short films, and additional merchandise. It centers on Gru, a reformed super-villain (who later becomes a father and secret agent), his yellow-colored Minions; his three adopted daughters, Margo, Edith and Agnes, and his wife, Lucy Wilde.
The franchise began with the 2010 film of the same name and its 2013 and 2017 sequels Despicable Me 2 (2013) and Despicable Me 3 (2017). A prequel featuring Gru’s Minions, titled Minions, was released in 2015. A sequel to Minions titled Minions: The Rise of Gru will be released in 2020.
Also, check these topics out: Harley Quinn Season 1 Episode 4, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Fate of the Furious movie, Star Wars The Last Jedi movie, Man of Steel movie, X Factor UK 2019, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 movie, Jurassic World movie, AGT judges, The Sinner Season 3 Episode 1, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Avengers movie, Dr. Stone Season 2, Beauty and the Beast movie. Minions (2015 movie). Minions (2015) trailer starring Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm | Movie.