Planes: Fire & Rescue is a 2014 American 3D computer-animated comedy-adventure film. It is a sequel to the 2013 film Planes, a spin-off of Pixar’s Cars franchise. Produced by Disneytoon Studios, it was theatrically released by Walt Disney Pictures on July 18, 2014.
Dane Cook, Stacy Keach, Brad Garrett, Teri Hatcher, Danny Mann, and Cedric the Entertainer reprised their roles of Dusty Crophopper, Skipper, Chug, Dottie, Sparky, and Leadbottom, respectively. New cast members included Hal Holbrook, Julie Bowen, Ed Harris, Regina King, Wes Studi, Patrick Warburton, and Dale Dye.
- Starring : Dane Cook / Stacy Keach
- Genre : Animation / Adventure / Comedy / Family
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Roberts Gannaway
- Production : Disneytoon Studios / Walt Disney Pictures / Prana Studios
- Distributor : Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Columbia Pictures / Feelgood Entertainment / Forum Hungary / Walt Disney Company Nordic / Walt Disney Studios Japan / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Westec Media Limited / FX Network / Home Box Office (HBO) / NOS Audiovisuais / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Planes: Fire & Rescue movie
Planes: Fire & Rescue release date
- July 15, 2014 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- July 17, 2014 : Israel
- July 18, 2014 : Canada
- July 18, 2014 : Spain
- July 18, 2014 : India
- July 18, 2014 : USA
- July 19, 2014 : Japan
- July 23, 2014 : France
- August 1, 2014 : UK (limited)
- August 8, 2014 : UK
- August 8, 2014 : Ireland
- August 14, 2014 : Germany
- August 20, 2014 : Philippines
- August 29, 2014 : Sweden
- September 4, 2014 : Singapore
- September 18, 2014 : Australia
Planes: Fire & Rescue cast
- Dane Cook as Dusty Crophopper(voice)
- Ed Harris as Blade Ranger(voice)
- Julie Bowen as Lil’ Dipper(voice)
- Curtis Armstrong as Maru(voice)
- John Michael Higgins as Cad(voice)
- Hal Holbrook as Mayday(voice)
- Wes Studi as Windlifter(voice)
- Brad Garrett as Chug(voice)
- Teri Hatcher as Dottie(voice)
- Stacy Keach as Skipper(voice)
- Cedric the Entertainer as Leadbottom(voice)
- Danny Mann as Sparky(voice)
- Barry Corbin as Ol’ Jammer(voice)
- Regina King as Dynamite(voice)
- Anne Meara as Winnie(voice)
Since winning the Wings Around the Globe race in the first film, Dusty Crophopper has had a successful career as a racer. Unfortunately, his engine’s gearbox becomes damaged because Dusty routinely operates the engine beyond its design limits. With that particular model of gearbox now out of production and none available anywhere, Dusty’s mechanic Dottie fits a warning light to his control panel to ensure he doesn’t damage his gearbox any further. No longer able to race and faced with the possibility of returning to his old job as a crop-duster, Dusty goes on a defiant flight and tests his limits. In doing so, Dusty exceeds his limits and makes a forced landing at Propwash Junction airport, causing a fire.
The residents put out the fire with some difficulty, but the accident leads government inspector Ryker to condemn the airport for inadequate firefighting personnel. Aggrieved at his carelessness, Dusty offers to undergo training to be certified as a firefighter to meet the necessary regulations to reopen the airport. To that end, Dusty travels to Piston Peak National Park where he meets a fire and rescue crew under the command of a helicopter named Blade Ranger. The leader of an efficient unit, Blade is initially unimpressed by the small newcomer and Dusty’s training proves to be a difficult challenge.
Maru, the team’s mechanic, replaces Dusty’s original undercarriage with two pontoons fitted with retractable undercarriage wheels for his new role as a single engine air tanker firefighter. During training, Dusty learns that Blade was formerly an actor who played a police helicopter on the TV series CHoPs. Later, Dusty is devastated by a call from his friends at Propwash Junction telling him that all attempts at finding a replacement gearbox have failed, and his racing career is over.
Lightning in a thunderstorm over a forest near Piston Peak starts several spot fires which unite into a serious forest fire. The team fights it and seem to have extinguished it; but later, during the grand reopening of the park’s lodge, visiting VIPs fly too low and create air eddies which blow embers about. This creates a larger fire, forcing the need to evacuate the lodge.
A depressed Dusty’s education in the midst of the large fire falters, to Blade’s frustration. Things come to a head when Dusty makes a forced landing in a river while trying to reload his tanks against orders and is swept through the rapids with Blade trying to extract him. Eventually, the pair make it to land, and Dusty confesses his physical disability. Blade advises Dusty not to give up. They shelter in an abandoned mine while the fire passes. The situation is complicated because Blade was damaged from protecting Dusty in the fire and is temporarily grounded for repairs. While Blade is recuperating, Dusty learns from Maru that Blade’s co-star Nick Lopez from CHoPs was killed during a stunt gone wrong on set that Blade was helpless to stop. Afterwards, he decided to become a firefighter to save lives for real.
Also, check these topics out: Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, AGT judges, Into the Woods movie, NCIS Season 17 Episode 11, Saving Mr. Banks movie, The Lone Ranger movie, A Wrinkle in Time movie, X Factor UK 2019, Planes movie, Big Hero 6 movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, Young Sheldon Season 3 Episode 11, Cinderella movie. Planes: Fire & Rescue (2014 movie). Planes: Fire & Rescue (2014 movie) trailer starring Dane Cook, Stacy Keach.