Rogue One (marketed as Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) is a 2016 American epic space-opera film directed by Gareth Edwards. The screenplay by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy is from a story by John Knoll and Gary Whitta. It was produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the first installment of the Star Wars anthology series. The cast includes Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen, and Forest Whitaker.
- Starring : Felicity Jones / Diego Luna
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Gareth Edwards
- Production : Lucasfilm
- Distributor : B&H Film Distribution / Cinecolor Films / Cineforum / Forum Hungary / NOS Audiovisuais / Walt Disney Company Nordic / Walt Disney Studios Japan / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Columbia Pictures / Film1 / Nine Network Australia / TV3 / The Rebel Alliance / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story movie
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story release date
- December 10, 2016 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- December 13, 2016 : UK (London) (premiere)
- December 14, 2016 : United Arab Emirates (Dubai Film Festival)
- December 14, 2016 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- December 14, 2016 : France
- December 14, 2016 : Sweden
- December 15, 2016 : United Arab Emirates
- December 15, 2016 : Australia
- December 15, 2016 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- December 15, 2016 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- December 15, 2016 : Germany
- December 15, 2016 : Spain
- December 15, 2016 : UK
- December 15, 2016 : Ireland
- December 15, 2016 : Israel
- December 15, 2016 : Philippines
- December 15, 2016 : Singapore
- December 16, 2016 : Canada
- December 16, 2016 : India
- December 16, 2016 : Japan
- December 16, 2016 : USA
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story cast
- Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso
- Diego Luna as Cassian Andor
- Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
- Donnie Yen as Chirrut Îmwe
- Wen Jiang as Baze Malbus
- Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic
- Guy Henry as Governor Tarkin
- Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera
- Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook
- Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso
- Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa
- Alistair Petrie as General Draven
- Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma
- Ben Daniels as General Merrick
- Paul Kasey as Admiral Raddus
Based on an idea first pitched by Knoll ten years before it entered development, the film was made to be different in tone and style from the traditional Star Wars films, omitting the customary opening crawl and transitional screen wipes. Principal photography on the film began at Pinewood Studios near London in early August 2015 and wrapped in February 2016. The film then went through extensive reshoots directed by Gilroy in mid-2016. Rogue One follows a group of rebels on a mission to steal the plans for the Death Star, the Galactic Empire’s super weapon, just before the events of A New Hope.
The film premiered in Los Angeles on December 10, 2016, and was released in the United States on December 16. It received positive reviews from critics, with praise for its acting, action sequences, direction, musical score, visual effects, and darker tone, but received some criticism for its underdeveloped characters and digital recreation of actors from the original trilogy. It grossed over $1 billion worldwide, making it the 34th-highest-grossing film of all time (20th at the time of its release), the second-highest-grossing film of 2016, and the third-highest-grossing film in the Star Wars franchise. It received two Oscar nominations for Best Sound Mixing and Best Visual Effects.
Research scientist Galen Erso and his family are in hiding on the planet Lah’mu when Imperial weapons developer Orson Krennic arrives to press him into completing the Death Star, a space station-based superweapon capable of destroying entire planets. Galen’s wife, Lyra, is killed in the confrontation while their daughter, Jyn, escapes and is rescued by rebel extremist Saw Gerrera.
Thirteen years later, cargo pilot Bodhi Rook defects from the Empire, taking a holographic message recorded by Galen to Gerrera on the desert moon Jedha. After learning about the Death Star from an agent at the trading outpost Ring of Kafrene, Rebel Alliance intelligence officer Cassian Andor frees Jyn from an Imperial labor camp at Wobani before bringing her to the Rebel leader Mon Mothma, who convinces her to find and rescue Galen so the Alliance can learn more about the Death Star. Cassian is covertly ordered to kill Galen rather than extract him.
Jyn, Cassian, and reprogrammed Imperial droid K-2SO travel to Jedha, where the Empire is removing kyber crystals from the holy city to power the Death Star while Gerrera and his partisans are engaged in an armed insurgency against them. With the aid of blind spiritual warrior Chirrut Îmwe and his mercenary friend Baze Malbus, Jyn makes contact with Gerrera, who has been holding Rook captive. Gerrera shows her the message, in which Galen reveals he has secretly built a vulnerability into the Death Star and directs them to retrieve the schematics from an Imperial data bank on the planet Scarif.
Also, check these topics out: Fortnite x Star Wars, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Pocket Monsters Episode 6, Mr. Robot Season 4 Episode 12 & Episode 13, X-Men movies in order of release date, Van Helsing Season 4 Episode 13, One Piece Episode 915, X Factor UK 2019, Shameless Season 10 Episode 7, The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King movie, Skyfall movie, AGT judges, Transformers Age of Extinction movie, Transformers Dark of the Moon movie. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016 movie). Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) trailer starring Felicity Jones, Diego Luna | Movie.