Skyfall is a 2012 British spy film and the twenty-third in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions. The film is the third to star Daniel Craig as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond and features Javier Bardem as Raoul Silva, the villain, and Judi Dench in her final appearance as M. It was directed by Sam Mendes and written by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, and John Logan, and features the theme song “Skyfall”, written and performed by Adele. It was distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) and Columbia Pictures.
- Starring : Daniel Craig / Javier Bardem
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Thriller
- Country : United Kingdom / United States
- Language : English / Turkish / Shanghainese / Portuguese / Japanese
- Director : Sam Mendes
- Production : Eon Productions / B23
- Distributor : Columbia Pictures / ACME / Andes Films / B&H Film Distribution / Cineforum / Columbia TriStar Warner Filmes de Portugal / Distribuye Movie / FS Film / Feelgood Entertainment / Forum Film Bulgaria / Forum Film Poland / Forum Film Slovakia / Forum Film / Forum Films / Forum Hungary / Sony Pictures Entertainment / Sony Pictures Filmverleih / Sony Pictures Releasing / United International Pictures (UIP) / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Westec Media Limited / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / Film1 / ION Television / MGM Home Entertainment / Odeon / RTL Entertainment / Rai 2 / Twentieth Century Fox C.I.S. / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Skyfall release date
- October 23, 2012 : UK (London) (premiere)
- October 26, 2012 : United Arab Emirates
- October 26, 2012 : France
- October 26, 2012 : UK
- October 26, 2012 : Ireland
- October 26, 2012 : Israel
- October 26, 2012 : Sweden
- October 27, 2012 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- October 31, 2012 : Spain
- October 31, 2012 : Philippines
- November 1, 2012 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 1, 2012 : Germany
- November 1, 2012 : India (Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
- November 1, 2012 : Singapore
- November 8, 2012 : USA (IMAX version)
- November 9, 2012 : Canada
- November 9, 2012 : USA
- November 16, 2012 : Australia (Sydney) (premiere)
- November 22, 2012 : Australia
- December 1, 2012 : Japan
- July 12, 2015 : UK (re-release)
- Daniel Craig as James Bond
- Judi Dench as M
- Javier Bardem as Silva
- Ralph Fiennes as Gareth Mallory
- Naomie Harris as Eve
- Bérénice Marlohe as Severine(as Bérénice Lim Marlohe)
- Albert Finney as Kincade
- Ben Whishaw as Q
- Rory Kinnear as Tanner
- Ola Rapace as Patrice
- Helen McCrory as Clair Dowar MP
- Nicholas Woodeson as Doctor Hall
- Bill Buckhurst as Ronson
- Elize du Toit as Vanessa (M’s Assistant)
- Ian Bonar as MI6 Technician
The story centres on Bond investigating an attack on MI6; the attack is part of a plot by former agent Raoul Silva to discredit and kill M as revenge for having abandoned him. The film sees the return of two recurring characters after an absence of two films: Q, played by Ben Whishaw, and Miss Moneypenny, played by Naomie Harris.
Mendes was approached to direct after the release of Quantum of Solace in 2008. Development was suspended when MGM ran into financial trouble, and did not resume until December 2010. The original screenwriter, Peter Morgan, left the project during the suspension. When production resumed, Logan, Purvis, and Wade continued writing what became the final version. Filming began in November 2011, primarily in the United Kingdom, with smaller portions shot in China and Turkey.
Skyfall premiered in London at the Royal Albert Hall on 23 October 2012 and was then released in the United Kingdom on 26 October and the United States on 9 November. It was the first James Bond film to be screened in IMAX venues, although it was not filmed with IMAX cameras. The release coincided with the 50th anniversary of the series, which began with Dr. No in 1962. Skyfall was very well-received by critics, who praised its screenplay, acting (particularly by Craig, Bardem, and Dench), Mendes’ direction, cinematography, musical score, and action sequences. It was the 14th film to gross over $1 billion worldwide, and the first James Bond film to do so. At the time of its release it became the seventh-highest-grossing, the highest-grossing film in the UK, the highest-grossing film in the series, the highest-grossing film worldwide for both Sony Pictures (until being surpassed by Spider-Man: Far From Home in 2019) and MGM, and the second-highest-grossing film of 2012. The film won several accolades, including two Academy Awards, two BAFTA Awards and two Grammy Awards. The next film in the series, Spectre, was released in November 2015, with Craig reprising his role and Mendes returning to direct.
In Istanbul, MI6 agents James Bond and Eve Moneypenny pursue mercenary Patrice, who has stolen a hard drive containing details of undercover agents. As Bond and Patrice fight atop a moving train, M orders Moneypenny to shoot Patrice; Moneypenny inadvertently hits Bond, who falls into a river. Bond is presumed dead, and Patrice escapes with the hard drive. Three months later, due to a public inquiry into M’s handling of the stolen hard drive, M is pressured by Gareth Mallory, the chairman of the Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament and a former SAS officer, to retire. She resists, claiming she is still useful, but MI6’s servers are hacked, and M receives a taunting computer message moments before the MI6 building explodes. Bond, who used his presumed death to retire, learns of the attack and returns to London. Although he fails a series of physical, medical, and psychological examinations, M approves his return to the field, ordering him to identify Patrice’s employer, recover the stolen hard drive, and kill Patrice. He meets Q, MI6’s new quartermaster, who gives him a radio beacon and a Walther PPK pistol.
In Shanghai, Bond follows Patrice into a skyscraper but is unable to prevent him from killing a target. The two fight, but Patrice falls to his death before Bond can learn his employer’s identity. Bond finds a casino token that Patrice intended to cash in for the assassination, which leads him to a casino in Macau. There, Bond is approached by Sévérine, Patrice’s accomplice, and asks to meet her employer. She warns him that he is about to be killed by her bodyguards, but promises to help Bond if he kills her employer. Bond thwarts the attack and joins Sévérine on her yacht, the Chimera. They travel to an abandoned island off the coast of Macau, where the crew takes them prisoner and delivers to Sévérine’s employer, Raoul Silva. Silva, once an MI6 agent, has now turned to cyberterrorism and orchestrated the attack on MI6. Silva kills Sévérine, but Bond captures Silva for rendition to Britain.
Also, check these topics out: Hawaii Five-0 Season 10 Episode 12, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Bold Type Season 4 Episode 1, X-Men movies in order of release date, AGT judges, Who won Strictly Come Dancing 2019, The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King movie, One Piece Episode 915, Van Helsing Season 4 Episode 13, Fortnite x Star Wars, Power Season 6 Episode 11, Pocket Monsters Episode 6, X Factor UK 2019, Transformers Dark of the Moon movie. Skyfall (2012 movie). Skyfall (2012) trailer starring Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem | Movie.