Spider-Man 3 is a 2007 American superhero film based on the fictional Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. It was directed by Sam Raimi from a screenplay by Raimi, his older brother Ivan and Alvin Sargent. It is the final installment in Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy.
The film stars Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, alongside Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard, James Cromwell, Rosemary Harris and J. K. Simmons. Set shortly after the events of Spider-Man 2, as Peter Parker prepares his future with Mary Jane Watson, he bonds with an extraterrestrial symbiote, bringing out his anger while facing two villains: Uncle Ben’s true killer, who becomes Sandman after a freak accident; and Harry Osborn, who seeks to avenge his father.
- Starring : Tobey Maguire / Kirsten Dunst
- Genre : Action / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English / French
- Director : Sam Raimi
- Production : Columbia Pictures / Marvel Studios / Laura Ziskin Productions
- Distributor : Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) / Columbia Pictures / Sony Pictures International / Buena Vista International Finland / Buena Vista International / Columbia TriStar Warner Filmes de Portugal / Continental Film / Falcon / InterComFilm / Sony Pictures Filmverleih / Sony Pictures Releasing / Tuck / United International Pictures (UIP) / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Warner Bros. / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Kanal 12 / LK-TEL / Nelonen / RTL Entertainment / SBS6 / Sony Pictures Entertainment / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / TV5 / fX Network
Spider-Man 3 movie
Spider-Man 3 release date
- April 16, 2007 : Japan (Tokyo) (premiere)
- April 23, 2007 : UK (London) (premiere)
- April 25, 2007 : Germany (Berlin) (premiere)
- April 25, 2007 : Spain (Madrid) (premiere)
- April 26, 2007 : Sweden (Stockholm) (premiere)
- April 27, 2007 : France (Paris) (premiere)
- April 30, 2007 : USA (New York City, New York) (premiere)
- May 1, 2007 : Germany
- May 1, 2007 : France
- May 1, 2007 : Japan
- May 1, 2007 : Philippines
- May 1, 2007 : Singapore
- May 3, 2007 : United Arab Emirates
- May 3, 2007 : Australia
- May 3, 2007 : Israel
- May 3, 2007 : Sweden
- May 4, 2007 : Canada
- May 4, 2007 : Canada (IMAX version)
- May 4, 2007 : Spain
- May 4, 2007 : UK
- May 4, 2007 : Ireland
- May 4, 2007 : India
- May 4, 2007 : USA
- May 4, 2007 : USA (IMAX version)
Spider-Man 3 cast
- Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man / Peter Parker
- Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson
- James Franco as New Goblin / Harry Osborn
- Thomas Haden Church as Sandman / Flint Marko
- Topher Grace as Venom / Eddie Brock
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy
- Rosemary Harris as May Parker
- J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
- James Cromwell as Captain Stacy
- Theresa Russell as Emma Marko
- Dylan Baker as Dr. Curt Connors
- Bill Nunn as Joseph ‘Robbie’ Robertson
- Bruce Campbell as Maître d’
- Elizabeth Banks as Miss Brant
- Ted Raimi as Hoffman
Development of Spider-Man 3 began immediately after the release of Spider-Man 2 for a 2007 release. During pre-production, Raimi originally wanted another villain to be included along with Sandman. At the request of producer Avi Arad, he added Venom and the producers also requested the addition of Gwen Stacy. Principal photography for the film began in January 2006, and took place in Los Angeles and Cleveland before moving to New York City from May until July 2006. Additional pick-up shots were made after August and the film wrapped in October 2006. During post-production, Sony Pictures Imageworks created over 900 visual effects shots. With an estimated production budget of $258 million, it was the most expensive film ever made at the time of its release.
Spider-Man 3 premiered on April 16, 2007 in Tokyo, and was released in the United States in both conventional and IMAX theaters on May 4, 2007. The film grossed $890.9 million worldwide, making it the most successful film of the trilogy, the third-highest-grossing film of 2007 and was the highest-grossing Spider-Man film until it was surpassed by Spider-Man: Far From Home in 2019. Unlike the previous installments, Spider-Man 3 received a mixed reception from critics, who praised the performances, visual effects and action sequences, but criticized the overloaded storylines and subplots, alongside the unrefined pacing and overabundance of villains including the portrayal of Venom. The majority of these issues were later attributed to studio interferences and creative differences between Sony, Raimi and Arad.
A fourth installment, titled Spider-Man 4, was set to be released on May 6, 2011, followed by a Venom spin-off film, but both were cancelled due to Raimi’s withdrawal over creative differences with the writers and producers. The Spider-Man film series was rebooted twice; first with The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield; and later a new film series set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland, beginning with Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). The Venom spin-off was revived in 2016 by Sony and was finally released in 2018 with Venom, set within Sony’s Marvel Universe directed by Ruben Fleischer.
A year after the events of the previous film, Peter Parker plans to propose to Mary Jane Watson, who has just made her Broadway musical debut. Later, a meteorite lands at Central Park, and an extraterrestrial symbiote follows Peter to his apartment. Harry Osborn, seeking vengeance after his father’s death and having taken the performance-enhancing gas, attacks Peter with his father’s Green Goblin technology, but the battle ended with Harry unconscious and with amnesia, wiping out his memory of Peter as Spider-Man. Meanwhile, police pursue escaped convict Flint Marko, who visits his wife and dying daughter before fleeing again. Falling into an experimental particle accelerator that fuses his DNA with the surrounding sand, he is transformed into the Sandman with powers to control sand and reform his body with it.
During a festival honoring Spider-Man for saving Gwen Stacy’s life, he kisses Gwen, infuriating Mary Jane. Meanwhile, Marko robs an armored car, subduing Spider-Man while escaping. NYPD Captain George Stacy, Gwen’s father, informs Peter and his aunt May that Marko was the true killer of Peter’s uncle Ben; the deceased Dennis Carradine had been Marko’s accomplice. In his apartment, while Peter sleeps in his Spider-Man suit to wait for Flint, the symbiote assimilates the suit; Peter later awakens atop a building, discovering his costume has changed and his powers are enhanced; however, the symbiote brings out Peter’s darker side and emotions. Spider-Man locates Marko and battles him in a subway tunnel. Discovering that water is Marko’s weakness, Spider-Man destroys the pipe, causing its water to reduce Marko to mud and wash him away.
Also, check these topics out: Batman v Superman movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Truth movie, Fast Five movie, X Factor UK 2019, The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift movie, The Fast and the Furious movie, 2 Fast 2 Furious movie, X-Men movie, You Season 2, Fast & Furious movie, Golden Globes nominations 2020, AGT judges, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep. Spider-Man 3 (2007 movie). Spider-Man 3 (2007 movie) trailer starring Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst.