The Dark Knight Rises is a 2012 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, who co-wrote the screenplay with his brother Jonathan Nolan, and the story with David S. Goyer. Based on the DC Comics character Batman, the film is the final installment in Nolan’s The Dark Knight Trilogy, and the sequel to The Dark Knight (2008). Christian Bale stars as Bruce Wayne / Batman, alongside Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Morgan Freeman. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, merciless revolutionary Bane forces Bruce Wayne to resume his role as Batman and save Gotham City from nuclear destruction.
- Starring : Christian Bale / Michael Caine
- Genre : Action / Thriller
- Country : United Kingdom / United States
- Language : English / Arabic
- Director : Christopher Nolan
- Production : Warner Bros. / Legendary Entertainment / DC Entertainment / Syncopy / DC Comics
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox / ACME / Alexandra Films / Blitz / Columbia TriStar Warner Filmes de Portugal / Continental Film / Filmcompagniet / InterCom / Karo Premiere / MediaPro Distribution / Roadshow Film Distributors / Sam Film / Village Films / Warner Bros. Pictures / Warner Bros. / Westec Media Limited / Amazon Prime Video / Argentina Video Home / Film1 / HBO Max / Home Box Office (HBO) / Kanal 2 / Veronica / Warner Bros. Entertainment Australia / Warner Home Video
The Dark Knight Rises movie
The Dark Knight Rises release date
- July 16, 2012 : USA (New York City, New York) (premiere)
- July 17, 2012 : Australia (Sydney) (premiere)
- July 18, 2012 : Spain (Madrid) (premiere)
- July 18, 2012 : UK (London) (premiere)
- July 19, 2012 : Australia
- July 19, 2012 : Philippines
- July 19, 2012 : Singapore
- July 20, 2012 : Canada
- July 20, 2012 : Spain
- July 20, 2012 : UK
- July 20, 2012 : Ireland
- July 20, 2012 : Israel
- July 20, 2012 : India
- July 20, 2012 : USA
- July 25, 2012 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- July 25, 2012 : France
- July 25, 2012 : Sweden
- July 26, 2012 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- July 26, 2012 : Germany
- July 27, 2012 : Japan
- August 16, 2012 : United Arab Emirates
- August 29, 2012 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
The Dark Knight Rises cast
- Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne
- Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon
- Tom Hardy as Bane
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake
- Anne Hathaway as Selina
- Marion Cotillard as Miranda
- Morgan Freeman as Fox
- Michael Caine as Alfred
- Matthew Modine as Foley
- Alon Aboutboul as Dr. Pavel(as Alon Moni Aboutboul)
- Ben Mendelsohn as Daggett
- Burn Gorman as Stryver
- Daniel Sunjata as Captain Jones
- Aidan Gillen as CIA Op
- Sam Kennard as Special Ops Sergeant
Christopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the series for a third film, but agreed after developing a story with his brother and Goyer that he felt would conclude the series on a satisfactory note. Nolan drew inspiration from Bane’s comic book debut in the 1993 “Knightfall” storyline, the 1986 series The Dark Knight Returns, and the 1999 storyline “No Man’s Land”. Filming took place from May to November 2011 in locations including Jodhpur, London, Nottingham, Glasgow, Los Angeles, New York City, Newark, and Pittsburgh. Nolan used IMAX 70 mm film cameras for much of the filming, including the first six minutes of the film, to optimize the quality of the picture. A vehicle variation of the Batplane and Batcopter termed the “Bat”, an underground prison set, and a new Batcave set were created specifically for the film. As with The Dark Knight, viral marketing campaigns began early during production. When filming concluded, Warner Bros. refocused its campaign: developing promotional websites, releasing the first six minutes of the film, screening theatrical trailers, and sending out information regarding the film’s plot.
The Dark Knight Rises premiered in New York City on July 16, 2012. The film was released in the United States and the United Kingdom on July 20, 2012. The film received positive reviews, with praise being directed toward the performances, (particularly Bale and Hardy), action sequences, screenplay, direction, musical score, and emotional depth, with many critics deeming it a solid conclusion to the trilogy. The consensus at Rotten Tomatoes calls it “ambitious, thoughtful, and potent”. The film grossed over $1 billion worldwide, making it the second film in the Batman film series to earn $1 billion. In addition to being Nolan’s highest-grossing film, it became the seventh-highest-grossing film of all time, as well as the third-highest-grossing film of 2012.
n Uzbekistan, Bane, a mysterious terrorist and former member of the League of Shadows, abducts nuclear physicist Dr. Leonid Pavel from a CIA aircraft.
Eight years after the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman has disappeared. Organized crime has been eradicated in Gotham City thanks to the Dent Act giving expanded powers to the police. Commissioner James Gordon has kept Dent’s murderous rampage as the vigilante Two-Face a secret and allowed blame for his crimes to fall on Batman. He has prepared a speech to read revealing the truth, but decides not to read it. Bruce Wayne has become a recluse, and Wayne Enterprises is losing money after Wayne discontinued his fusion reactor project when he learned that it could be weaponized.
Bane sets up his base in the city sewers, and prompts Wayne’s corporate rival John Daggett to buy Wayne’s fingerprints. Cat burglar Selina Kyle obtains Wayne’s prints from Wayne Manor for Daggett, but she is double-crossed at the exchange and alerts the police. Gordon and the police arrive and pursue Bane and Daggett’s henchmen into the sewers while Kyle flees. The henchmen capture Gordon and take him to Bane. Gordon escapes and is found by rookie officer John Blake. Blake, a fellow orphan who deduced Wayne’s secret identity, confronts him and convinces him to return as Batman.
Bane attacks the Gotham Stock Exchange by using Wayne’s fingerprints in a series of transactions that leaves Wayne bankrupt. Batman resurfaces for the first time in eight years while intercepting Bane and his subordinates. Wayne’s butler, Alfred Pennyworth, is convinced that Wayne is not strong enough to fight Bane, and resigns in an attempt to save him. Wayne finds an ally in new Wayne Enterprises CEO Miranda Tate, who becomes his lover. Using the stolen transactions, Bane expands his operations and kills Daggett.
Also, check these topics out: X-Men movies in order of release date, American Idol 2020, The Voice Jake Hoot Amazed, X Factor UK 2019, AGT judges, The Voice Rose Short Border Song, Kevin Hart documentary, The Voice 2019 Katie Kadan I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing, The Voice Jake Hoot Better Off Without You, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Voice Ricky Duran A Woman Like Her, The Voice 2019 Katie Kadan All Better, The Voice Ricky Duran finale Runnin’ Down a Dream, The Voice Rose Short Finale song Steamroller. The Dark Knight Rises (2012 movie). The Dark Knight Rises (2012) trailer starring Christian Bale, Michael Caine | Movie.