The Fast and the Furious is a 2001 crime action adventure film directed by Rob Cohen and written by Gary Scott Thompson and David Ayer. It is the first installment in the Fast & Furious franchise and stars Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez,Jordana Brewster, Rick Yune, Chad Lindberg, Johnny Strong, Ted Levine, and Matt Schulze. The Fast and the Furious follows Brian O’Conner (Walker), an undercover cop tasked with discovering the identities of a group of unknown automobile hijackers led by Dominic Toretto (Diesel).
- Starring : Paul Walker / Vin Diesel
- Genre : Action / Crime / Thriller
- Country : United States / Germany
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : Rob Cohen
- Production : Universal Pictures / Original Film / Mediastream Film GmbH & Co. Productions KG / Ardustry Entertainment
- Distributor : East West / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Argentina Video Home / Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment / DVD Service / Hollydan Works / SBS6 / Ster-Kinekor Home Entertainment / Universal Home Video / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE)
The Fast and the Furious movie
The Fast and the Furious release date
- June 18, 2001 : USA (premiere)
- June 22, 2001 : USA
- September 14, 2001 : UK
- September 14, 2001 : Ireland
- September 20, 2001 : Australia
- September 25, 2001 : Philippines
- September 26, 2001 : France
- September 27, 2001 : Singapore
- October 5, 2001 : Spain
- October 5, 2001 : Sweden
- October 11, 2001 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- October 18, 2001 : Germany
- October 19, 2001 : Israel (premiere)
- October 20, 2001 : Japan
- October 25, 2001 : Israel
- June 22, 2016 : USA (re-release)
The Fast and the Furious cast
- Paul Walker as Brian O’Conner
- Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto
- Michelle Rodriguez as Letty
- Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto
- Rick Yune as Johnny Tran
- Chad Lindberg as Jesse
- Johnny Strong as Leon
- Matt Schulze as Vince
- Ted Levine as Sgt. Tanner
- Ja Rule as Edwin
- Vyto Ruginis as Harry
- Thom Barry as Agent Bilkins
- Stanton Rutledge as Muse
- Noel Gugliemi as Hector(as Noel Guglielmi)
- R.J. de Vera as Danny Yamato(as R.J. De Vera)
Development for The Fast and the Furious arose after Cohen read a Vibe magazine article in 1998 titled “Racer X”, which detailed the illegal street racing circuit operating within New York City. After contacting producer Neal H. Moritz, Moritz was able to present the script to Universal Studios, who greenlit The Fast and the Furious in 2000. Walker was the first actor to sign onto the project, while Diesel initially had to be persuaded to participate in the film, accepting after proposing several script changes.
Principal photography began in Los Angeles in July 2000, with the majority of filming being done on location in Los Angeles and southern California, which ended in October 2000.
The Fast and the Furious was released in the United States on June 22, 2001. The film was a commercial success, grossing over $200 million worldwide. It received mixed reviews, with praise directed at Walker and Diesel’s performance, and the film’s action sequences, but criticism for parts of the storyline and the ending. It was later re-released on June 22, 2016, to commemorate the film’s fifteenth anniversary.
The Fast and the Furious soon launched a media franchise and a series of seven sequels, starting with 2 Fast 2 Furious in 2003.
On a deserted highway, a heist crew driving three modified Honda Civics assault a truck carrying electronic goods, steal its cargo, and escape into the night.
The following day, a joint Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) and FBI task force sends LAPD officer Brian O’Conner undercover to locate the crew. He begins his investigation at Toretto’s Market, ordering his regular tuna on white, no crust, and flirting with its owner Mia, sister of infamous street racer Dominic Toretto, while Dominic ostensibly sits in the back office reading a newspaper. Dominic’s crew, Vince, Leon, Jesse, and his girlfriend Letty, arrives. Vince, who has a crush on Mia, attacks O’Conner until Dominic intervenes.
That night, O’Conner brings a modified 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse to an illegal street race, hoping to find a lead on the heist crew. Dominic arrives in his Mazda RX-7 and initiates a drag race between himself, O’Conner and two other drivers. Lacking funds, Brian is forced to wager his car. Dominic wins the race after O’Conner’s car malfunctions, but the LAPD arrive before he can hand over his vehicle. O’Conner, in his car, helps Dominic escape, but they accidentally venture into the territory of Dominic’s old racing rival, gang leader Johnny Tran and his cousin Lance Nguyen, who destroy O’Conner’s vehicle. Later, Dominic reiterates that O’Conner still owes him a car. The two then walk back to Dominic’s house together, where an altercation between Vince, who is upset that Brian is at the house, and Dominic breaks out.
Also, check these topics out: 2 Fast 2 Furious movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, Fast Five movie, X-Men movie, X2 movie, X-Men First Class movie, AGT judges, X Factor UK 2019, Fast & Furious movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, X-Men The Last Stand movie, The Wolverine movie, X-Men Origins Wolverine movie, The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift movie. The Fast and the Furious (2001 movie). The Fast and the Furious (2001 movie) trailer starring Paul Walker, Vin Diesel.