The Lost World: Jurassic Park is a 1997 American science fiction adventure film and the second installment in the Jurassic Park film series. A sequel to 1993’s Jurassic Park and loosely based on Michael Crichton’s 1995 novel The Lost World, the film was directed by Steven Spielberg and written by David Koepp.
The film stars Jeff Goldblum, returning as the eccentric chaos theorist and mathematician Ian Malcolm, as well as Julianne Moore, Pete Postlethwaite, Vince Vaughn, Vanessa Lee Chester, and Arliss Howard. Four years after the events of the original film, John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) sends a team, led by Malcolm, to Isla Sorna, the second island Hammond’s company InGen used to make the dinosaurs, to study the animals while coming into conflict with a team led by InGen to bring some of the dinosaurs back onto homeland.
- Starring : Jeff Goldblum / Julianne Moore
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : Steven Spielberg
- Production : Universal Pictures / Amblin Entertainment / Digital Image Associates
- Distributor : Universal Pictures / United International Pictures (UIP) / Filmes Lusomundo / Argentina Video Home / CIC Victor / CIC Video / CIC-Taft Home Video / Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment / Egmont Entertainment / Film1 / Finnkino / Fox Network / Home Video Hellas (HVH) / ITV 2 / Kanal 2 / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / Netflix / Prem’er Video Fil’m / Sony Pictures Entertainment / TV3 Norge / Universal Pictures Finland / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Veronica / Waylen Group
The Lost World: Jurassic Park movie
The Lost World: Jurassic Park release date
- May 19, 1997 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- May 23, 1997 : USA
- May 29, 1997 : Australia
- June 5, 1997 : Singapore
- June 10, 1997 : Philippines
- July 12, 1997 : Japan
- July 18, 1997 : UK
- July 18, 1997 : Ireland
- July 18, 1997 : Israel
- August 7, 1997 : Germany
- August 8, 1997 : Switzerland
- August 22, 1997 : Spain
- September 12, 1997 : France (Deauville Film Festival)
- September 19, 1997 : Sweden
- October 22, 1997 : France
The Lost World: Jurassic Park cast
- Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm
- Julianne Moore as Sarah Harding
- Pete Postlethwaite as Roland Tembo
- Arliss Howard as Peter Ludlow
- Richard Attenborough as John Hammond
- Vince Vaughn as Nick Van Owen
- Vanessa Chester as Kelly Curtis(as Vanessa Lee Chester)
- Peter Stormare as Dieter Stark
- Harvey Jason as Ajay Sidhu
- Richard Schiff as Eddie Carr
- Thomas F. Duffy as Dr. Robert Burke
- Joseph Mazzello as Tim
- Ariana Richards as Lex
- Thomas Rosales Jr. as Carter(as Thomas Rosales)
- Camilla Belle as Cathy Bowman
After the original novel’s release and the first film’s success, fans pressured Crichton for a sequel. Following the book’s publication in 1995, production began on a film sequel. Filming took place from September to December 1996, primarily in California, with a shoot in Kauai, Hawaii, where the first film was shot. The Lost World’s plot and imagery is substantially darker than Jurassic Park. It makes more extensive use of computer-generated imagery to depict the dinosaurs, along with life-sized animatronics.
Released on May 23, 1997, the film received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the visuals and action sequences, but criticized the writing and character development. The film was a box office success, grossing over $618 million worldwide, becoming the second-highest-grossing film of 1997. It earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects. A sequel, Jurassic Park III, was released on July 18, 2001.
John Hammond invites mathematician Dr. Ian Malcolm to discuss a recent incident, four years after the chaos on Isla Nublar. Malcolm learns that InGen, now headed by Hammond’s nephew Peter Ludlow, created the dinosaurs for Jurassic Park on Isla Sorna, which has recently been discovered by a wealthy family. To prevent Ludlow exploiting the creatures in order to save InGen’s future, Hammond asks Malcolm to lead a team who will document the dinosaurs in order to attract support against human interference. Malcolm reluctantly agrees when he learns that his girlfriend, paleontologist Dr. Sarah Harding, was hired and went on ahead, but states his intention to retrieve her.
Malcolm travels to Isla Sorna with Eddie Carr, an equipment specialist and engineer, and Nick Van Owen, a video documentarian and activist, but is shocked to find his daughter Kelly stowed away with them on their mobile base. Shortly after finding Sarah, the group discover Ludlow is also on the island with a team of hunters and mercenaries, including big game hunters Roland Tembo and Ajay Sidhu; Roland’s second-in-command, Dieter Stark; and paleontologist Dr. Robert Burke.
Visiting their camp at night, the group find that Ludlow is planning to ship the captured specimens to a theme park in San Diego. Nick and Sarah raid the site, freeing the captured dinosaurs who soon proceed to wreak havoc across the camp. Before returning to their base, Nick retrieves an injured Tyrannosaurus rex infant that Roland hoped to use to hunt its male parent, and Nick and Sarah treat the animal with a broken leg. Despite their good intentions when the parents find the infant, the Tyrannosaurus destroy the base, killing Carr as he tries to save the others.
Also, check these topics out: X-Men movies in order of release date, You Season 2, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice movie, X Factor UK 2019, Survivor Season 40 Episodes 1 and 2, AGT judges, Spider-Man 3 movie, Elsewhere movie, Jurassic Park 3 movie, Golden Globes 2020 nominations, The Fast and the Furious movie, The Truth movie, Spider-Man 2 movie. The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997 movie). The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997 movie) trailer starring Jeff Goldblum, Julianne Moore.