The Santa Clause is a 1994 American Christmas fantasy family comedy film written by Leo Benvenuti and Steve Rudnick, and directed by John Pasquin. The first film in the Santa Clause film series, it stars Tim Allen as Scott Calvin, an ordinary man who accidentally causes Santa Claus to fall from his roof on Christmas Eve.
When he and his young son, Charlie, finish St. Nick’s trip and deliveries, they go to the North Pole where Scott learns that he must become the new Santa and convince those he loves that he is indeed Santa Claus.
- Starring : Tim Allen / Judge Reinhold
- Genre : Comedy / Drama / Family / Fantasy
- Country : United States / Canada
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : John Pasquin
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Hollywood Pictures / Outlaw Productions (I)
- Distributor : Buena Vista Pictures / Roadshow Film Distributors / Buena Vista International / Laurenfilm / Prooptiki / Walt Disney Home Video / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Finnkino / Gaumont Buena Vista International (GBVI) / Abril Vídeo / Audio Visual Enterprises / BBC HD / BBC One / BBC Three / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Buena Vista Home Video / Gativideo / Hollywood Pictures Home Video / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / Nelonen / Showtime Networks / Warner Home Video
The Santa Clause movie
The Santa Clause release date
- November 11, 1994 : USA
- November 24, 1994 : Australia
- October 28, 1995 : Japan
- November 2, 1995 : Germany
- November 10, 1995 : Sweden
- November 23, 1995 : Spain
- December 1, 1995 : Ireland
- December 6, 1995 : France
The Santa Clause cast
- Tim Allen as Scott Calvin
- Judge Reinhold as Neal
- Wendy Crewson as Laura
- Eric Lloyd as Charlie
- David Krumholtz as Bernard
- Larry Brandenburg as Detective Nunzio
- Mary Gross as Ms. Daniels
- Paige Tamada as Elf-Judy
- Peter Boyle as Mr. Whittle
- Judith Scott as Susan
- Jayne Eastwood as Waitress
- Melissa King as Little Girl
- Bradley Wentworth as Elf at North Pole
- Azura Bates as Elf in Hangar
- Joshua Satok as Elf-Larry
This was Pasquin and Allen’s first movie collaboration after they both worked together on the TV series Home Improvement. Pasquin and Allen would later work again on the films Jungle 2 Jungle and Joe Somebody, and on the television series Last Man Standing.
The film was followed by two sequels, The Santa Clause 2 (2002) and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006). In comparison to the original, the sequels each declined in critical favor.
Scott Calvin (Tim Allen), a successful toy salesman, prepares to spend Christmas Eve with his son Charlie (Eric Lloyd). Scott convinces Charlie that Santa Claus is real, despite not believing himself. Scott’s former wife, Laura (Wendy Crewson) and her psychiatrist husband Dr. Neil Miller (Judge Reinhold) both stopped believing in Santa at a young age and feel that Charlie needs to do so as well. After Scott reads The Night Before Christmas to Charlie and tucks him into bed, Santa’s sleigh lands on their roof and wakes Charlie. Charlie wakes up Scott, who hears Santa’s footsteps on the roof and assumes that it is an intruder.
Rushing outside, Scott startles Santa, causing him to lose his balance and fall off the roof. Scott finds a card in the pocket of Santa’s suit that states “If something should happen to me, put on my suit, the Reindeer will know what to do.” after which Santa vanishes. Charlie climbs onto the roof via a ladder which has magically appeared and finds Santa’s sleigh and reindeer.
Scott follows him into the sleigh, which flies off to continue delivering presents. Persuaded by Charlie, Scott puts on the Santa suit and delivers a few gifts before the reindeer take them to the North Pole. Once they arrive, Bernard (David Krumholtz), the head elf, explains to Scott that because he put on the suit, he is subjected to a legal technicality known as “The Santa Clause”, a mystery of who will replace Santa meaning that he has agreed to accept all of Santa’s duties and responsibilities, and gives him eleven months to get his affairs in order before reporting back to the North Pole on Thanksgiving.
Overwhelmed, Scott changes into pajamas and falls asleep. The next morning, he wakes up in his own bed, causing him to believe that it was all a dream until he realizes he is wearing the pajamas from the North Pole. When Charlie proudly tells his class that his father is Santa, Laura, Neil, and the school principal ask Scott, whom they all believe is responsible, to tell Charlie that there is no Santa. Not wanting to break Charlie’s heart, Scott instead convinces Charlie to keep their trip to the North Pole to themselves, to which Charlie agrees
Also, check these topics out: Town Hall 13, No Time to Die movie, Watchmen Season 1 Episode 8, The Unicorn Season 1 Episode 9, X Factor UK 2019, The Rookie Season 2 Episode 10, NCIS: Los Angeles Season 11 Episode 11, Silicon Valley Season 6 Episode 7, Shameless Season 10 Episode 5, Mr. Robot Season 4 Episode 10, The Voice Matthew McQueen audition, Mom Season 7 Episode 9. The Santa Clause (1994 movie). The Santa Clause (1994) trailer starring Tim Allen, Judge Reinhold.