A young violinist unravels her long lost father’s past, triggering dark forces that reach beyond her imagination.
- Starring : Freya Tingley / Simon Abkarian / James Faulkner
- Genre : Mystery / Thriller
- Country : France / United Kingdom / Russia / Latvia
- Language : English
- Director : Andrew Desmond
- Production : The Project / Featuristic Films / CTB Film Company / Tasse Film / Creativity Capital / Flexibon Films / OneWorld Entertainment
- Distributor : Purple Media Enterprises / Screen Media Films
The Sonata movie
The Sonata release date
- August 13, 2019 : USA (Popcorn Frights Film Festival)
- August 25, 2019 : UK (FrightFest)
- November 20, 2019 : Philippines
- January 3, 2020 : Japan
- January 10, 2020 : USA
The Sonata cast
- Freya Tingley as Rose Fisher
- Simon Abkarian as Charles Vernais
- James Faulkner as Sir Victor Ferdinand
- Rutger Hauer as Richard Marlowe
- Catherine Schaub-Abkarian as Thérèse
- Matt Barber as James
- Christopher Brand as The Notary
- James Kermack as The Sound Engineer
- Myster Jo as Tobacco Shop Owner
- Laine Ligere Stengrévica as Meredith
- Aurélija Pronina as Ghost Child #1
- Andrejs Zikovs as Ghost Child #2
- Maija Cipste as Ghost Child #3
- Artürs Ghoss as Ghost Child #4
- Jurijs Krüze as Taxi Driver
Freya Tingley was born in Perth, Australia (the most isolated city in the world) on March 26, 1994. From a very young age, Freya took to performing, where she explored modeling, singing, dancing and the like, but it finally clicked when she enrolled in an acting school. The ability to inhabit other characters, far away from her own personality, provided a creative high unlike anything she had experienced. With an admiration for character actors such as Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman, she decided to follow in their footsteps.
Taking the leap of faith at the tender age of seventeen, Freya’s supportive mum allowed her to move to Hollywood to “give it a shot for a year” — her only plan B being a bakery in Perth where she had a part-time shift. Now, it is true that Freya makes a great muffin with raspberries and white chocolate, but it is hardly her calling. Determined, she went on hundreds of auditions and on the very day of her 18th birthday, she booked Netflix’s second original series Hemlock Grove, helmed by horror master Eli Roth.
Simon Abkarian was born Simone Abkarian on March 5, 1962, in Gonesse, a northeastern suburb of Paris, France, into a French – Armenian family. Young Simon Abkarian grew up in a trilingual environment, he learned French at school in addition to his native Armenian, and also learned English by watching American films since he was a kid. He spent most of his childhood in France until the age of nine, then went with his parents to Beirut, Lebanon. James Faulkner is an English actor best known for his roles as Pope Sixtus IV in the historical fantasy series Da Vinci’s Demons, and as Randyll Tarly in the HBO series, Game of Thrones.
When at school, Faulkner was never deemed as an academically minded student, however compensated by immersing himself into the arts, training as a chorister and taking part in every house play, school play and choral society concert available. Accepted into the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, Faulkner studied exhaustively for three years, and won the lead role in the final graduation production of Kiss Me Kate. A promising start to the industry saw his stage presence transform dramatically, being cast in productions including Much Ado About Nothing, Dear Antoine, and The Bacchae, until it became clear that it was his time to enter the film industry.
In 1972, Faulkner made his big screen debut, being cast as Josef Strauss in MGM’s musical, The Great Waltz. Without question, a cavalcade of roles soon followed, appearing in films such as Whispering Death, Murder on the Orient Express, and Priest of Love. In 1988, he appeared opposite Jeremy Brett as one of the biggest enemies of Sherlock Holmes in The Hound of the Baskervilles. Some of his more notable appearances include roles in I Claudius, Underworld: Blood Wars, The Three Investigators, and the Bridget Jones films.
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Kevin Hart documentary, X Factor UK 2019, The Voice Rose Short Border Song, The Voice Jake Hoot Better Off Without You, The Voice 2019 Katie Kadan I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing, The Dark Knight Rises movie, Little Fires Everywhere Episode 1, The Voice Ricky Duran A Woman Like Her, Good Trouble Season 2 Episode 11, AGT judges, The Voice Ricky Duran Runnin’ Down a Dream, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Voice Jake Hoot Amazed. The Sonata (2020 movie). The Sonata (2020) movie trailer starring Freya Tingley, Simon Abkarian, James Faulkner | 2018.