X-Men: Apocalypse is a 2016 American superhero film directed and produced by Bryan Singer and written by Simon Kinberg from a story by Singer, Kinberg, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris. The film is based on the fictional X-Men characters that appear in Marvel Comics and is the ninth installment in the X-Men film series.
It is the sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) and stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar Isaac, Nicholas Hoult, Rose Byrne, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn, and Lucas Till. In the film, the ancient mutant En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse awakens in 1983 and plans to wipe out the modern civilization and take over the world, leading the X-Men to try to stop him and defeat his team of mutants.
- Starring : James McAvoy / Michael Fassbender
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Polish / German / Arabic / Egyptian (Ancient)
- Director : Bryan Singer
- Production : Twentieth Century Fox / Marvel Entertainment / TSG Entertainment / Bad Hat Harry Productions / Kinberg Genre / Donners’ Company
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox Argentina / 20th Century Fox / Big Picture 2 Films / Blitz Film & Video Distribution / Odeon / Sena / Twentieth Century Fox C.I.S. / Twentieth Century Fox / Warner Bros. F.E. / Warner Bros. / Westec Media Limited / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / Film1 / Hispano Foxfilms S.A.E. / Hotstar / KVH Media Group / SF Film Finland / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment / Veronica
X-Men: Apocalypse movie
X-Men: Apocalypse release date
- May 9, 2016 : UK (London) (premiere)
- May 18, 2016 : France
- May 18, 2016 : UK
- May 18, 2016 : Ireland
- May 18, 2016 : Philippines
- May 18, 2016 : Sweden
- May 19, 2016 : Australia
- May 19, 2016 : Germany
- May 19, 2016 : Israel
- May 19, 2016 : Singapore
- May 20, 2016 : Spain
- May 20, 2016 : India
- May 27, 2016 : Canada
- May 27, 2016 : USA
- August 11, 2016 : Japan
X-Men: Apocalypse cast
- James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier
- Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
- Jennifer Lawrence as Raven / Mystique
- Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy / Beast
- Oscar Isaac as En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse
- Rose Byrne as Moira Mactaggert
- Evan Peters as Peter Maximoff / Quicksilver
- Josh Helman as Col. William Stryker
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey
- Tye Sheridan as Scott Summers / Cyclops
- Lucas Till as Alex Summers / Havok
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
- Ben Hardy as Angel
- Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe / Storm
- Lana Condor as Jubilee
The film was announced by Singer in December 2013, with Kinberg, Dougherty, and Harris attached to develop the story. Casting began in October 2014, while principal photography commenced in April 2015 in Montreal and ended in August of the same year.
X-Men: Apocalypse premiered in London on May 9, 2016, and was released in the United States on May 27, 2016 in 3D and 2D, and in IMAX 3D in select international markets. The film received mixed reviews, with critics praising its themes and acting performances, while the portrayal of Apocalypse, overuse of CGI and formulaic nature of the film were criticised. A sequel, titled Dark Phoenix, was released on June 7, 2019.
In 3600 BCE, the powerful mutant lord En Sabah Nur, hailed as a god named Apocalypse, rules ancient Egypt until he is entombed alive by a rebellion. Awakening in 1983, he believes humanity has lost its way. Aiming to destroy the world and remake it in the image he sees fit, he recruits Ororo Munroe and upgrades her power. In East Berlin, shape-shifting mutant Raven frees Kurt Wagner, a teleporting mutant, from a cage match with Angel and requests black marketeer Caliban to transport him to America. Apocalypse recruits Caliban’s bodyguard Psylocke, and Angel, enhancing both of their powers.
Alex Summers takes his brother Scott to Professor Charles Xavier’s educational institute, hoping that Xavier and Hank McCoy will teach him to control his mutation for shooting optic beams. Scott meets the Level 5 telepathic and telekinetic Jean Grey, and the two develop an attraction. Apocalypse’s powers cause disturbances around the world, leading Xavier and Alex to consult with CIA operative Moira MacTaggert, who has been researching the legend of Apocalypse and tells them Apocalypse’s origins; he was born millennia ago in Egypt as the first mutant, leading a team of mutant soldiers known as the Four Horsemen, while Apocalypse used his powers of destruction and rebuild.
In Communist Poland, Erik Lehnsherr uses his powers to save a co-worker during an earthquake, prompting local soldiers to capture him. When one accidentally kills his wife and daughter, Erik retaliates by slaughtering the group. Apocalypse takes Erik to Auschwitz and encourages him to use his powers; Erik destroys the camp and joins Apocalypse, who remotely accesses Cerebro, the device Xavier uses to locate mutants, and forces Xavier to make the global superpowers launch their entire nuclear arsenals into space to prevent interference with his plan.
Also, check these topics out: Ray Donovan Season 7 Episode 7, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug movie, Tomorrow Never Dies movie, Letterkenny Season 8, John Henry movie, The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers movie, Schitt’s Creek Season 6 Episode 1, GoldenEye movie, X Factor UK 2019, Logan movie, AGT judges. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016 movie). X-Men: Apocalypse (2016 movie) trailer starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender.