X2 (also marketed as X2: X-Men United and internationally as X-Men 2) is a 2003 American superhero film directed by Bryan Singer and written by Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hayter, from a story by Singer, Hayter and Zak Penn. The film is based on the X-Men superhero team appearing in Marvel Comics. It is the sequel to 2000’s X-Men, as well as the second installment in the X-Men film series, and features an ensemble cast including Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Brian Cox, Alan Cumming, Bruce Davison, and Anna Paquin.
Its plot, inspired by the graphic novel God Loves, Man Kills, concerns the genocidal Colonel William Stryker leading an assault on Professor Xavier’s school to build his own version of Xavier’s mutant-tracking computer Cerebro, in order to destroy every mutant on Earth and to “save” the human race from them, forcing the X-Men to team up with the Brotherhood of Mutants, their former enemies, to stop Stryker and save the mutant race.
- Starring : Patrick Stewart / Hugh Jackman
- Genre : Action / Sci-Fi / Thriller
- Country : Canada / United States
- Language : English / German / Italian / Spanish
- Director : Bryan Singer
- Production : Twentieth Century Fox / Marvel Enterprises / Donners’ Company / Bad Hat Harry Productions / XF2 Canada Productions / XM2 Productions
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox Argentina / 20th Century Fox / Cinemark / FS Film / Fox-Warner / Gemini Film / Hispano Foxfilms S.A.E. / Twentieth Century Fox / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / Film1 / Hotstar / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / Odeon / RTL Entertainment / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
X2 release date
- April 24, 2003 : UK (premiere)
- April 28, 2003 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- April 30, 2003 : Australia
- April 30, 2003 : Switzerland
- April 30, 2003 : Spain
- April 30, 2003 : France
- April 30, 2003 : Philippines
- May 1, 2003 : Germany
- May 1, 2003 : UK
- May 1, 2003 : Ireland
- May 1, 2003 : Singapore
- May 2, 2003 : Canada
- May 2, 2003 : Japan (premiere)
- May 2, 2003 : Sweden
- May 2, 2003 : USA
- May 3, 2003 : Japan
- May 9, 2003 : India
- June 19, 2003 : Israel
- Patrick Stewart as Professor Charles Xavier
- Hugh Jackman as Logan / Wolverine
- Ian McKellen as Eric Lehnsherr / Magneto
- Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe / Storm
- Famke Janssen as Jean Grey
- James Marsden as Scott Summers / Cyclops
- Anna Paquin as Rogue
- Rebecca Romijn as Raven Darkholme / Mystique / Grace(as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos)
- Brian Cox as William Stryker
- Alan Cumming as Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
- Bruce Davison as Senator Kelly
- Aaron Stanford as John Allerdyce / Pyro
- Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake / Ice Man
- Kelly Hu as Yuriko Oyama / Lady Deathstrike
- Katie Stuart as Shadowcat
At the White House, brainwashed teleporting mutant Nightcrawler attempts to assassinate the President of the United States but before he can do so, is shot and retreats. Meanwhile, Wolverine explores an abandoned military installation at Alkali Lake in Alberta for clues to his past, but finds nothing. Jean has been having premonitions and struggles to concentrate as her powers become increasingly difficult to control. Later, Wolverine returns to Professor Xavier’s school for mutants, and Xavier tracks Nightcrawler using Cerebro. Xavier and Cyclops go to question the imprisoned Magneto about the attack, while X-Men Storm and Jean Grey retrieve Nightcrawler. Military scientist Colonel William Stryker approaches the president and receives approval to investigate Xavier’s mansion for their ties to mutants in the wake of the recent attack. Stryker’s forces invade the school and abduct some of the students. Colossus leads the remaining students to safety while Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro escape, and Stryker’s assistant Yuriko Oyama captures Cyclops and Xavier. During the attack Wolverine confronts Stryker, who addresses him by name and seems to know about his past.
The shape-shifting Mystique gains information about Magneto’s prison and helps him escape while also discovering schematics for a second Cerebro. Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro visit Iceman’s parents in Boston and meet up with Storm, Jean, and Nightcrawler. The X-Jet is attacked by fighter jets while flying back to the mansion and is shot down, but Magneto saves them from crashing. Magneto explains to the group that Stryker has built the second Cerebro to use it, and Xavier, to telepathically kill every mutant on the planet. Stryker’s son, Jason, is a mutant with mind-controlling powers, which Stryker will use to force Xavier to do this. Stryker had also previously used Jason’s powers to orchestrate Nightcrawler’s attack as a pretense to gain approval to invade Xavier’s mansion. Magneto also tells Wolverine that Stryker was the man who grafted his adamantium skeleton onto his bones and is responsible for his amnesia. Jean reads Nightcrawler’s mind and determines that Stryker’s base is underground in a dam at Alkali Lake.
Disguised as Logan, Mystique infiltrates Stryker’s base. She lets the rest of the mutants in and Magneto and Mystique go to disable Cerebro before the brainwashed Xavier can activate it. Storm and Nightcrawler rescue the captured students, and Jean fights a mind-controlled Cyclops; their battle frees Cyclops but damages the dam, which begins to rupture. Wolverine finds Stryker in an adamantium smelting lab and remembers it as where he received his adamantium skeleton. Wolverine fights and kills Yuriko, then chases Stryker to a helicopter pad and chains him to the helicopter’s wheel. Magneto stops Cerebro and, using Mystique impersonating Stryker to command Jason, has Xavier redirect its powers on normal humans. The two subsequently use Stryker’s helicopter to escape, accompanied by Pyro who has been swayed to Magneto’s views. Nightcrawler teleports Storm inside Cerebro, where she creates a snowstorm to break Jason’s concentration and free Xavier from his control.
Also, check these topics out: Deadpool movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Wolverine movie, X Factor UK 2019, Die Another Day movie, X-Men Origins Wolverine movie, X-Men The Last Stand movie, X-Men Apocalypse movie, Casino Royale movie, X-Men First Class movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, X-Men Days of Future Past movie, AGT judges, The World Is Not Enough movie. X2 (2003 movie). X2 (2003 movie) trailer starring Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman.