Despicable Me is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated comedy filmproduced by Illumination Entertainment as its debut film and project and distributed by Universal Pictures.
The film was animated by the French animation studio Mac Guff, which was later acquired by Illumination. Directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud in their directorial debuts with a story by Sergio Pablos, the film is eponymous with the main character and its theme song, composed by Pharrell Williams.
- Starring : Steve Carell / Jason Segel
- Genre : Animation / Comedy / Family / Fantasy
- Country : United States / France
- Language : English
- Director : Pierre Coffin / Chris Renaud
- Production : Universal Pictures / Illumination Entertainment
- Distributor : Universal Studios / Feelgood Entertainment / Paramount Pictures / Solar Pictures / Toho-Towa / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Universal Pictures / Westec Media Limited / Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais / ABC Family / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Argentina Video Home / Discovery Family Channel / Disney Channel / Disney XD / Finnkino / Freeform / Home Box Office (HBO) / SBS6 / Universal Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment / Universal-Studio Canal / Waylen Group
Despicable Me movie
Despicable Me release date
- June 27, 2010 : USA (Los Angeles Film Festival)
- July 8, 2010 : Singapore
- July 9, 2010 : Canada
- July 9, 2010 : USA
- July 24, 2010 : Australia (Melbourne International Film Festival)
- August 3, 2010 : France (Lama Film Festival)
- August 5, 2010 : Israel
- August 6, 2010 : India
- September 1, 2010 : Philippines
- September 4, 2010 : France (Deauville American Cinema Festival)
- September 9, 2010 : Australia
- September 29, 2010 : Sweden (Lund Fantastisk Film Festival)
- September 30, 2010 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- September 30, 2010 : Germany
- October 1, 2010 : Sweden
- October 6, 2010 : France
- October 8, 2010 : Spain
- October 13, 2010 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- October 15, 2010 : UK
- October 15, 2010 : Ireland
- October 24, 2010 : Japan (Tokyo International Film Festival)
- October 29, 2010 : Japan
- March 16, 2012 : Sweden (BUFF Film Festival)
Despicable Me cast
- Steve Carell as Gru(voice)
- Jason Segel as Vector(voice)
- Russell Brand as Dr. Nefario(voice)
- Julie Andrews as Gru’s Mom(voice)
- Will Arnett as Mr. Perkins(voice)
- Kristen Wiig as Miss Hattie(voice)
- Miranda Cosgrove as Margo(voice)
- Dana Gaier as Edith(voice)
- Elsie Fisher as Agnes(voice)
- Pierre Coffin as Tim the Minion / Bob the Minion / Mark the Minion / Phil the Minion / Stuart the Minion(voice)
- Chris Renaud as Dave the Minion(voice)
- Jemaine Clement as Jerry the Minion(voice)
- Jack McBrayer as Carnival Barker / Tourist Dad(voice)
- Danny McBride as Fred McDade(voice)
- Mindy Kaling as Tourist Mom(voice)
The film stars Steve Carell as the voice of Gru, a supervillain who adopts three girls (voiced by Miranda Cosgrove, Dana Gaier, and Elsie Fisher) from an orphanage; and Jason Segel as the voice of Vector, a rival of Gru that steals the Great Pyramid of Giza. When Gru learns of Vector’s heist, he plans an even greater heist: to shrink and steal Earth’s moon. However, despite Gru’s villainous intentions, he grows increasingly touched by the girls’ growing love for him and finds himself changing for the better because of it.
Released theatrically on July 9, 2010 in the United States, Despicable Me received positive reviews and grossed over $546 million worldwide against a budget of $69 million. It launched the Despicable Me franchise series of films, including the sequel Despicable Me 2 in 2013, another sequel, Despicable Me 3 in 2017, and two prequels; Minions, released in 2015, and Minions: The Rise of Gru in 2020, which features Gru’s Minions as the main characters.
A supervillain named Gru has his pride injured when an unknown rival steals the Great Pyramid of Giza. With the assistance of his sidekick Dr. Nefario and his Minions, Gru resolves to one-up this mysterious rival by shrinking and stealing the Moon. Knowing this is extremely expensive, Gru seeks a loan from the Bank of Evil. Mr. Perkins the bank president is impressed by the plan, but he will approve the loan only if Gru can obtain the necessary shrink ray first. Upon learning that an up-and-coming villain known as Vector was responsible for the Pyramid theft, Gru openly displays a rivalry with him.
Gru and the Minions steal the shrink ray from a secret testing base in East Asia, but Vector intercepts them and steals it for himself. Gru attempts to break into Vector’s impregnable fortress to recover the shrink ray, only to be defeated by numerous kinds of traps. As nothing seems to work, he notices three orphan girls Margo, Edith, and Agnes, who are able to easily enter the base as they are selling cookies. Gru disguises himself and adopts the girls, planning to use them to infiltrate Vector’s base. However, Gru has trouble nurturing them properly due to their stubbornness, their ballet classes and his own ineptitude as a parent.
Eventually, Gru and the girls arrive at Vector’s base, and Gru successfully steals back the shrink ray. The girls then suggest a day at a theme park. Gru agrees, believing he can abandon the girls there; but as he cannot, he begins to bond with them instead. Later, Gru contacts Perkins via video chat, stating that he finally has the shrink ray. Margo, Edith, and Agnes interrupt the meeting, and Perkins announces that he has lost confidence in Gru and will no longer fund his operations. As Gru tells the Minions he can no longer pay them for their services, the girls offer the contents of their piggy bank. With his Minions and himself inspired, Gru sells parts of his lair and the items he stole over the years to construct a spacecraft. Gru plans to steal the Moon when it is nearest to Earth, but this is the same day as the girls’ ballet recital. As Gru becomes conflicted, Dr. Nefario arranges for the girls to be returned to the orphanage, thinking the recital may ruin the plan. At the same time, Perkins informs his son Vector of Gru’s possession of the shrink ray and the adoption of the three girls, encouraging Vector to take action.
Also, check these topics out: Chicago Med Season 5 Episode 11, X-Men movies in order of release date, X Factor UK 2019, Criminal Minds Season 15 Episode 3, Stumptown Season 1 Episode 11, October Faction Season 1, The Way Back movie, Vikings Season 6 Episode 7, Party of Five Season 1 Episode 3, Chicago Fire Season 8 Episode 11, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, AGT judges, The Invisible Man movie, Chicago P.D. Season 7 Episode 11. Despicable Me (2010 movie). Despicable Me (2010 movie) trailer starring Steve Carell, Jason Segel.