Enchanted is a 2007 American live action/animated musical fantasy romantic comedy film, produced by Walt Disney Pictures, Sonnenfeld Productions and Josephson Entertainment. Written by Bill Kelly and directed by Kevin Lima, the film stars Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, Timothy Spall, Idina Menzel, Rachel Covey, and Susan Sarandon.
The plot focuses on Giselle, an archetypal Disney Princess, who is forced from her traditional animated world of Andalasia into the live-action world of New York City. Enchanted was the first Disney film to be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, instead of Buena Vista Pictures Distribution.
- Starring : Amy Adams / Patrick Dempsey
- Genre : Animation / Comedy / Family / Fantasy / Musical / Romance
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Kevin Lima
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Josephson Entertainment / Andalasia Productions / Right Coast Productions
- Distributor : Buena Vista International Finland / Buena Vista International / Buena Vista Pictures Distribution / Forum Hungary / Taramount Film / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / BBC One / Bravo! / British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / CMT / Disney Channel / Film1 / MTV Networks / National Broadcasting Company (NBC) / Net5 / Nickelodeon Network / USA Network / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Enchanted release date
- October 20, 2007 : UK (London Film Festival)
- November 17, 2007 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- November 21, 2007 : Canada
- November 21, 2007 : Philippines
- November 21, 2007 : USA
- November 22, 2007 : Israel
- November 22, 2007 : Singapore
- November 23, 2007 : Spain
- November 28, 2007 : France
- December 14, 2007 : UK
- December 14, 2007 : Ireland
- December 20, 2007 : Germany
- December 21, 2007 : Sweden
- December 26, 2007 : Australia
- March 14, 2008 : Japan
- Amy Adams as Giselle
- Patrick Dempsey as Robert Philip
- James Marsden as Prince Edward
- Timothy Spall as Nathaniel
- Idina Menzel as Nancy Tremaine
- Rachel Covey as Morgan Philip
- Susan Sarandon as Queen Narissa
- Julie Andrews as The Narrator(voice)
- Jeff Bennett as Pip in Andalasia(voice)
- Kevin Lima as Pip in New York(voice)
- Emma Rose Lima as Bluebird / Fawn / Rapunzel(voice)
- Teala Dunn as Bunny(voice)
- Fred Tatasciore as Troll(voice)
- Courtney Williams as Sunglass Street Vendor
- William Huntley as Grumpy
The film is both an homage to, and a self-parody of, Disney’s animated features, making numerous references to Disney’s past works through the combination of live-action filmmaking, traditional animation, and computer-generated imagery. It marks the return of traditional animation to a Disney feature film after the company’s decision to move entirely to computer animation in 2004. Composer Alan Menken and lyricist Stephen Schwartz, who had written songs for previous Disney films, wrote and produced the songs of Enchanted, with Menken also composing its score.
The animated sequences were produced at James Baxter Animation in Pasadena. Filming of the live action segments took place around New York City. It premiered on October 20, 2007, at the London Film Festival before its wide release on November 21, 2007, in the United States. Enchanted was well-received critically, established Adams as a leading lady, and earned more than $340 million worldwide at the box office. It won three Saturn Awards, including Best Fantasy Film and Best Actress for Adams. Enchanted also received two nominations at the 65th Golden Globe Awards and three Best Original Song nominations at the 80th Academy Awards. A sequel, titled Disenchanted, is in development.
In the animated fairy tale kingdom of Andalasia, Queen Narissa, queen of Andalasia and a witch, schemes to protect her claim to the throne, which she will lose once her stepson, Prince Edward, finds his true love and marries. She enlists her loyal henchman Nathaniel to keep Edward distracted. Giselle, a young woman, dreams of meeting a prince and experiencing a “happy ever after.” She has made a homemade statue of her true love. Her best chipmunk friend, Pip, and her animal friends of the forest try to put a mouth on her statue. Edward hears Giselle singing and sets off to find her. Nathaniel sets free a captured troll to kill Giselle, but Edward rescues her in time. When they meet, they instantly fall in love and plan to get married the following day.
Disguised as an old hag, Narissa intercepts Giselle on her way to the wedding and pushes her into a well, where she is magically transformed into a 3D live-action version of herself and transported to Times Square in the real world, a place where there are no “happily ever afters”. Giselle quickly becomes lost. Meanwhile, Robert, a divorce lawyer, prepares to propose to his longtime girlfriend Nancy, much to the dismay of his daughter Morgan. Robert and Morgan encounter Giselle on their way home, and Robert begrudgingly allows Giselle to stay the night at their apartment at the insistence of Morgan, who trusts Giselle.
Pip had witnessed Giselle’s exile and alerted Edward thereafter, and both embark on a rescue mission to the city, where they too are turned into 3D live-action versions, but Pip is instead in the form of a real chipmunk – therefore losing the ability to speak. Narissa sends Nathaniel to follow and impede Edward. In a restaurant, Narissa appears to Nathaniel in a soup pot and gives him three poisoned apples to murder Giselle. Pip eavesdrops but is unable to communicate with Edward, as animals cannot speak outside of Andalasia. Nathaniel keeps Pip silenced by detaining him in various containers. Meanwhile, after Giselle summons vermin to clean Robert’s apartment, Nancy arrives to take Morgan to school. She meets Giselle and leaves assuming Robert was unfaithful. Robert is initially upset but spends the day with Giselle, knowing she is vulnerable in the city. Giselle questions Robert about his relationship with Nancy and helps the pair reconcile by sending Nancy an invitation to the “King and Queen’s Costume Ball” at the Woolworth Building.
Also, check these topics out: Old Dogs movie, WALL-E movie, The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian movie, A Christmas Carol movie, AGT judges, High School Musical 3 Senior Year movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Bolt movie, The Muppets movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, X Factor UK 2019, National Treasure Book of Secrets movie, Bedtime Stories movie. Enchanted (2007 movie). Enchanted (2007 movie) trailer starring Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey.