Guns Akimbo is a 2019 action comedy film written and directed by Jason Lei Howden. It stars Daniel Radcliffe, Natasha Liu Bordizzo and Samara Weaving.
- Starring : Daniel Radcliffe / Natasha Liu Bordizzo
- Genre : Action / Comedy
- Country : United Kingdom / Germany / New Zealand
- Language : English
- Director : Jason Lei Howden
- Production : Altitude Film Entertainment / Four Knights Film / Hyperion Media Group / Ingenious Media / Maze Pictures / Occupant Entertainment / Pump Metal Films / The Electric Shadow Company
- Distributor : Ascot Elite Entertainment Group
Guns Akimbo movie
Guns Akimbo release date
- September 9, 2019 : Canada (Toronto International Film Festival)
- September 19, 2019 : USA (Fantastic Fest)
- October 3, 2019 : Spain (Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival)
- February 28, 2020 : USA
Guns Akimbo cast
- Daniel Radcliffe as Miles
- Samara Weaving as Nix
- Rhys Darby
- Ned Dennehy as Riktor
- Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Nova
- Mark Rowley as Dane
- Hanako Footman as Ruby
- Set Sjöstrand as Fuckface
- Jacqueline Lee Geurts as Irene Degreaves
- Colin Moy as Clive
- Racheal Ofori as Effie
- Jack Riddiford as Shadwell
- Bella Padden as Young Nix
- Ken Thomas as Police Chief
- J. David Hinze as CNN Anchor
The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9, 2019. It is scheduled for a theatrical release on February 28, 2020.
Miles spends his days in a dead-end job, pining for his beautiful ex-girlfriend Nova. His mundane existence is turned upside-down when he finds himself enrolled on a dark net website that forces complete strangers to fight in a city-wide game of death so that their gladiatorial battles can be live-streamed worldwide to a fanatical audience.
Contestants are chosen by a clandestine gang known as SKIZM, who handicap the weaker contestant to further stack the odds against them. Initially, Miles’ lifetime of running from his problems pays off as he manages to elude his first opponent but when Nova is kidnapped, he must finally stop running and overcome his fears to fight for the girl he loves.
On May 12, 2017, it was announced that Daniel Radcliffe would be starring in Guns Akimbo, helmed by New Zealand director Jason Lei Howden whose previous projects include the cult classic film, Deathgasm. Felipe Marino and Joe Neurauter were also announced to be producing the film through Occupant Entertainment. On May 8, 2018, Natasha Liu Bordizzo was added to the cast, starring opposite Radcliffe.
The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9, 2019. The film is set for a limited theatrical release on February 28, 2020. On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Guns Akimbo has a rating of 71% based on 17 reviews. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average of score of 43 out of 100, based on 4 critics, indicating “mixed reviews”.
Also, check these topics out: NCIS Season 17 Episode 13, Ray Donovan Season 7 Episode 10, X Factor UK 2019, Hightown Season 1 Episode 1, The Bachelor Season 24 Episode 3, X-Men movies in order of release date, AGT judges, FBI Season 2 Episode 13, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, This is Us Season 4 Episode 11, Insecure Season 4 Episode 1, The Resident Season 3 Episode 13, The Night Clerk movie, New Amsterdam Season 2 Episode 11. Guns Akimbo (2019 movie). Guns Akimbo (2019 movie) trailer starring Daniel Radcliffe, Natasha Liu Bordizzo.