Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol is a 2011 American action spy film directed by Brad Bird and written by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec. It is the fourth installment in the Mission: Impossible film series, and also Bird’s first live-action film. It stars Tom Cruise, who reprises his role of IMF agent Ethan Hunt, alongside Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Paula Patton, Michael Nyqvist, Anil Kapoor and Léa Seydoux.
Ghost Protocol was produced by Cruise, J. J. Abrams (the third film’s director) and Bryan Burk. It saw the return of editor Paul Hirsch and visual effects supervisor John Knoll from the first film, and is also the first Mission: Impossible film to be partially filmed using IMAX cameras.
- Starring : Tom Cruise / Jeremy Renner
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Thriller
- Country : United States / United Arab Emirates / Czech Republic / Russia / India / Canada
- Language : English / Russian / French / Arabic / Swedish
- Director : Brad Bird
- Production : Paramount Pictures / Skydance Media / TC Productions / Bad Robot
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox / B&H Film Distribution / Bontonfilm / Central Partnership Ukraine / Central Partnership / Duna Workshop / Empire / Finnkino / Forum Cinemas / Intercontinental Film Distributors (HK) / Interfilm Distribution / Karantanija Film / NOS Audiovisuais / Paramount Pictures / Ro Image 2000 / Solar Pictures / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Westec Media Limited / Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais / Amazon Prime Video / Argentina Video Home / Film1 Action / Film1 / Italia 1 / Novyy Disk / Paramount Home Entertainment / RTL Entertainment / TV6 / Universal Pictures
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol movie
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol release date
- December 7, 2011 : United Arab Emirates (Dubai International Film Festival)
- December 11, 2011 : USA (Austin Butt-Numb-A-Thon)
- December 13, 2011 : UK (London) (premiere)
- December 14, 2011 : France
- December 15, 2011 : Australia
- December 15, 2011 : Germany
- December 15, 2011 : Israel
- December 15, 2011 : Philippines
- December 15, 2011 : Singapore
- December 16, 2011 : Canada (IMAX version)
- December 16, 2011 : Spain
- December 16, 2011 : India
- December 16, 2011 : Japan
- December 16, 2011 : USA (IMAX version)
- December 16, 2011 : USA (limited)
- December 19, 2011 : USA (New York City, New York) (premiere)
- December 21, 2011 : Canada
- December 21, 2011 : USA
- December 26, 2011 : UK
- December 26, 2011 : Ireland
- January 27, 2012 : Sweden
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol cast
- Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt
- Paula Patton as Jane
- Simon Pegg as Benji
- Jeremy Renner as Brandt
- Michael Nyqvist as Hendricks
- Vladimir Mashkov as Sidorov
- Samuli Edelmann as Wistrom
- Ivan Shvedoff as Leonid Lisenker
- Anil Kapoor as Brij Nath
- Léa Seydoux as Sabine Moreau
- Josh Holloway as Hanaway
- Pavel Kríz as Marek Stefanski
- Miraj Grbic as Bogdan
- Ilia Volok as The Fog
- Goran Navojec as Burly Russian Prisoner
Released in the United States by Paramount Pictures on December 16, 2011, the film went on to become the highest-grossing film in the series, with $694 million, until it was surpassed by Mission: Impossible – Fallout. It is the fifth highest-grossing film of 2011 as well as the second highest-grossing film starring Cruise. It was followed by Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, which was released in July 2015.
IMF agent Trevor Hanaway is killed in Budapest by assassin Sabine Moreau, who takes his file containing Russian nuclear launch codes so she can give them to a man known only as “Cobalt”.
IMF agent Ethan Hunt has purposely become incarcerated in a Moscow prison to acquire Bogdan, a source of information on Cobalt. With help of Jane Carter, Hanaway’s handler, and newly promoted field agent Benji Dunn, Hunt and Bogdan make their escape. IMF tasks Hunt to infiltrate the Kremlin to gain more information on Cobalt. During the mission, an unknown entity broadcasts on the IMF frequency ordering the detonation of a bomb, alerting Russian guards. Hunt’s team aborts the mission just as a bomb destroys much of the Kremlin. Carter and Dunn escape, but Hunt is captured by SVR agent Anatoly Sidorov and charged with destroying the Kremlin.
Hunt escapes and meets with the IMF Secretary, in Moscow on other business. The Secretary tells Hunt they had to initiate “Ghost Protocol”, disavowing IMF, but secretly orders Hunt to continue to pursue Cobalt. Sidorov’s forces catch up to Hunt, and the Secretary is killed; Hunt escapes along with the Secretary’s aide and intelligence analyst William Brandt. Regrouping with Carter and Dunn, Brandt is able to identify Cobalt as Kurt Hendricks, a Swedish-born Russian nuclear strategist, who seeks to start a nuclear war between the U.S. and Russia. Hendricks used the Kremlin bombing to cover up his theft of a Russian launch-control device, and now is planning a trade with Moreau at the Burj Khalifa in Dubai to gain the required launch codes.
The team travels to Dubai. On the 119th floor of the hotel, they create deceptions using their various gadgetry and disguises to make Moreau believe she is meeting with Hendricks, and vice versa, when in fact they are interacting with the IMF team. Moreau discovers the deception, and in the ensuing chaos, Hendricks manages to escape with the launch codes, losing Hunt’s pursuit in the midst of a dust storm. As Moreau tries to escape, she is knocked out of a window by Carter and falls to her death. Brandt accuses Carter of letting her love for Hanaway compromise the mission, but Hunt recognizes that Brandt has also been keeping secrets from them, having shown combat skills atypical of a mere analyst. Hunt leaves to meet with Bogdan to get more information on Hendricks, while Brandt tells the others that he had been assigned to secretly protect Ethan and his wife Julia in Croatia. Julia had been killed by a hit squad and Brandt feels responsible for Ethan’s loss, which is why he stopped being a field agent.
Also, check these topics out: Better Call Saul Season 5 Episode 1, Last Man Standing Season 8 Episode 5, Shrek movie, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 7 Episode 1, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Everything’s Gonna Be Okay Season 1 Episode 1, Young Sheldon Season 3 Episode 12, Fargo Season 4 Episode 1, X Factor UK 2019, The Dead Lands Season 1 Episode 1, Mrs. America Episode 1, Blue Bloods Season 10 Episode 12, AGT judges. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011 movie). Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011 movie) trailer starring Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner.