Mission: Impossible III (stylized as M:i:III) is a 2006 American action spy film co-written and directed by J. J. Abrams (in his directorial debut), co-written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, and co-produced by and starring Tom Cruise in the role of IMF agent Ethan Hunt.
It is the third installment in the Mission: Impossible film series, following 2000’s Mission: Impossible 2. In the film, Ethan (Cruise) has retired from field work for the Impossible Missions Force (IMF) and trains new recruits. However, he is sent back into action to track down the elusive arms dealer Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman).
- Starring : Tom Cruise / Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Thriller
- Country : United States / Germany / China / Italy
- Language : English / Italian / Mandarin / Cantonese / German / Czech
- Director : J.J. Abrams
- Production : Paramount Pictures / Cruise/Wagner Productions / MI 3 Film / China Film Co-Production Corporation / The Fourth Production Company Film Group / China Film Group Corporation (CFGC) / Studio Babelsberg / Cinecittá Studios
- Distributor : Bontonfilm / Buena Vista International Finland / Paramount Pictures / Prooptiki Bulgaria / Solar Pictures / Taramount Film / United International Pictures (UIP) / Amazon Prime Video / Film1 Action / Italia 1 / Nelonen / Paramount Home Entertainment / Paramount Home Video / RTL Entertainment / SBS6 / TV6 / Universal Pictures
Mission: Impossible III movie
Mission: Impossible III release date
- April 25, 2006 : USA (London) (premiere)
- May 3, 2006 : United Arab Emirates
- May 3, 2006 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- May 3, 2006 : France
- May 3, 2006 : Singapore
- May 4, 2006 : Australia
- May 4, 2006 : Germany
- May 4, 2006 : UK
- May 4, 2006 : Israel
- May 5, 2006 : Canada
- May 5, 2006 : Spain
- May 5, 2006 : Ireland
- May 5, 2006 : Philippines
- May 5, 2006 : Sweden
- May 5, 2006 : USA
- June 16, 2006 : India
- July 8, 2006 : Japan
Mission: Impossible III cast
- Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt
- Philip Seymour Hoffman as Owen Davian
- Ving Rhames as Luther
- Billy Crudup as Musgrave
- Michelle Monaghan as Julia
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Declan
- Keri Russell as Lindsey Farris
- Maggie Q as Zhen
- Simon Pegg as Benji
- Eddie Marsan as Brownway
- Laurence Fishburne as Theodore Brassel
- Bahar Soomekh as Davian’s Translator
- Jeff Chase as Davian’s Bodyguard
- Michael Berry Jr. as Julia’s Kidnapper
- Carla Gallo as Beth
Mission: Impossible III premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 26, 2006, and was released in the United States on May 5, 2006. It received positive reviews from critics and was a commercial success, grossing over $397 million against a $150 million budget. It was followed by Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol in 2011.
Six years after the events of the previous film, Ethan Hunt has retired from field work for the IMF. He instead trains new recruits while settling down with his fiancée, Julia Meade, a nurse who is unaware of Ethan’s true job. He is approached by fellow IMF agent John Musgrave about a mission to rescue one of Ethan’s protégés, Lindsey Farris. Lindsey was captured while investigating arms dealer Owen Davian. Musgrave has already prepared a team for Ethan: Declan Gormley, Zhen Lei, and his old partner Luther Stickell.
The team rescues Lindsey and collects two damaged laptop computers. As they flee, Ethan discovers an explosive pellet implanted in Lindsey’s head. Before he can disable it, it goes off and kills her. Back in the U.S., Ethan and Musgrave are reprimanded by IMF Director Theodore Brassel. Ethan learns that Lindsey mailed him a postcard before her capture and discovers a magnetic microdot under the stamp.
IMF technician Benji Dunn recovers enough data from the laptops to determine Davian will be in Vatican City to obtain a mysterious object called the “Rabbit’s Foot”. Ethan plans a mission to capture Davian without seeking official approval. Before leaving, he and Julia have an impromptu wedding at the hospital’s chapel. The team successfully infiltrates Vatican City and captures Davian.
On the flight back to the U.S., Ethan threatens to drop Davian from the plane as he interrogates him about the Rabbit’s Foot, but Davian refuses to reveal anything. After landing, Ethan learns that the microdot contains a video of Lindsey warning that Brassel is working with Davian. The convoy taking Davian across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge–Tunnel is attacked by German-speaking mercenaries hired to locate and extract Davian from IMF custody, and Davian escapes. Realizing Julia is also in danger, Ethan races to Julia’s workplace, only to discover she has already been kidnapped. Davian calls Ethan and gives him 48 hours to recover the Rabbit’s Foot in exchange for Julia’s life. But before Ethan can do anything, he is captured by the IMF.
Musgrave takes part in Ethan’s interrogation but discreetly mouths that the Rabbit’s Foot is located in Shanghai, China, and provides Ethan with the means to escape. Ethan successfully escapes IMF headquarters shortly thereafter, resulting in him being declared an enemy of the state and placed on Interpol’s most wanted list.
Also, check these topics out: Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken Season 1, Aladdin movie, Transformers The Last Knight movie, X Factor UK 2019, Transformers movie, AGT judges, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, List of Golden Globe winners 2020, Beauty and the Beast movie, The L Word: Generation Q Season 1 Episode 6, God Friended Me Season 2 Episode 12, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movie, AGT Champions Paddy Salsa, X-Men movies in order of release date. Mission: Impossible III (2006 movie). Mission: Impossible III (2006 movie) trailer starring Tom Cruise, Philip Seymour Hoffman.