National Treasure is a 2004 American adventure film released by Walt Disney Pictures. It was written by Jim Kouf and the Wibberleys, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Jon Turteltaub. It is the first film in the National Treasure film series and stars Nicolas Cage, Harvey Keitel, Jon Voight, Diane Kruger, Sean Bean, Justin Bartha and Christopher Plummer.
- Starring : Nicolas Cage / Harvey Keitel
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Mystery / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : Jon Turteltaub
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Jerry Bruckheimer Films / Junction Entertainment / Saturn Films
- Distributor : Buena Vista Pictures / Buena Vista International Finland / Buena Vista International / Buena Vista Pictures Distribution / Columbia Pictures / Continental Film / Falcon / ABC Family / American Movie Classics (AMC) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Buena Vista Home Video / Cartoon Network / Disney Channel / Freeform / Gativideo / History Channel / Hotstar / National Broadcasting Company (NBC) / Nelonen / Paramount Network / SBS6 / Syfy / USA Network / Walt Disney Home Video / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
National Treasure movie
National Treasure release date
- November 8, 2004 : USA (Pasadena, California) (premiere)
- November 19, 2004 : Philippines
- November 19, 2004 : USA
- November 25, 2004 : Australia
- November 25, 2004 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 25, 2004 : Germany
- December 3, 2004 : Spain
- December 9, 2004 : Singapore
- December 10, 2004 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- December 22, 2004 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- December 22, 2004 : France
- December 23, 2004 : Israel
- December 26, 2004 : UK
- December 26, 2004 : Ireland
- December 29, 2004 : Sweden
- January 12, 2005 : United Arab Emirates
- January 21, 2005 : India
- February 26, 2005 : Japan (Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival)
- March 19, 2005 : Japan
National Treasure cast
- Nicolas Cage as Benjamin Franklin Gates
- Diane Kruger as Abigail Chase
- Justin Bartha as Riley Poole
- Sean Bean as Ian Howe
- Jon Voight as Patrick Gates
- Harvey Keitel as Sadusky
- Christopher Plummer as John Adams Gates
- David Dayan Fisher as Shaw
- Stewart Finlay-McLennan as Powell
- Oleg Taktarov as Shippen
- Stephen A. Pope as Phil(as Stephen Pope)
- Annie Parisse as Agent Dawes
- Mark Pellegrino as Agent Johnson
- Armando Riesco as Agent Hendricks
- Erik King as Agent Colfax
Cage plays Benjamin Franklin Gates, a historian and amateur cryptologist searching for a lost treasure of precious metals, jewelry, artwork and other artifacts that was accumulated into a huge stockpile and eventually hidden by American Freemasons during the American Revolutionary War. A coded map on the back of the Declaration of Independence points to the location of the “national treasure,” but Gates is not alone in his quest. Whoever can steal the Declaration and decode it first will find the greatest treasure in history.
National Treasure was released worldwide on November 19, 2004. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but was a box office success, grossing over $347 million worldwide.
A sequel, titled National Treasure: Book of Secrets, was released in December 2007.
Benjamin Franklin Gates is an American historian, cryptologist, and treasure hunter. As a child, his grandfather, John Adams Gates, told him of a story that Charles Carroll of Carrollton passed on a secret to their ancestor in 1832 of a fabled treasure taken from ancient empires throughout history that was discovered by the Knights Templar and later protected by the Freemasons. The treasure would eventually be hidden in America by the Founding Fathers. The clue leading to the treasure is the phrase “The secret lies with Charlotte.” While Ben is convinced by the story, his skeptical father, Patrick, dismisses it as nonsense.
Thirty years later, Ben leads an expedition with Ian Howe and his friend, Riley Poole, a computer expert, to find the Charlotte, a ship lost in the Arctic, which holds the first clue to finding the national treasure. After many efforts, they find a meerschaum pipe, which has a clue in the form of a riddle, implying that the next clue is on the Declaration of Independence. When Ian suggests they steal it, Ben opposes, causing a fight to ensue, resulting in a massive fire fueled by gunpowder, and the group split in two. Ian and his men escape the ship while Ben and Riley take cover just before the ship explodes.
Ben and Riley return to Washington, DC, and report the potential theft of the Declaration to the FBI and Dr. Abigail Chase of the National Archives, but both dismiss their claim. Ben decides to steal the document himself from the Archives’ preservation room during a gala event. Obtaining Abigail’s fingerprints, Ben successfully obtains the Declaration but is spotted by Ian’s group just as they break in to steal it. Ben tries to leave via the gift shop but has to buy the Declaration when the clerk mistakes it for a souvenir copy; having not enough cash in hand at the time, Ben pays for it with a credit card. Abigail, suspecting something is astray, pursues Ben and takes back the document. Ian kidnaps her, but Ben and Riley rescue Abigail, tricking Ian by leaving behind a souvenir copy of the Declaration. FBI Agent Sadusky begins tracking Ben down, using Ben’s credit card information.
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, X Factor UK 2019, Deputy Season 1 Episode 1, Vikings Season 6 Episode 6, The Pacifier movie, Good Girls Season 3 Episode 1, AGT judges, Ray Donovan Season 7 Episode 8, Ana 2020, X-Men movies in order of release date, Eight Below movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie, A Million Little Things Season 2 Episode 10, Yellowstone Season 3 Episode 1. National Treasure (2004 movie). National Treasure (2004 movie) trailer starring Nicolas Cage, Harvey Keitel.