The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 is a 2014 American dystopian science fiction adventure film directed by Francis Lawrence with a screenplay by Peter Craig and Danny Strong. It is the first of two films based on Suzanne Collins’ novel Mockingjay, the final book in The Hunger Games trilogy, and the third installment in The Hunger Games film series, produced by Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik and distributed by Lionsgate.
The film features an ensemble cast that includes Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, and Donald Sutherland. Principal photography for both parts of the film began on September 23, 2013, in Atlanta, before moving to Paris for two weeks of filming and officially concluding on June 20, 2014, in Berlin.
- Starring : Jennifer Lawrence / Josh Hutcherson
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Francis Lawrence
- Production : Color Force / Lionsgate
- Distributor : GEM Entertainment / Batrax Entertainment / Aurum Producciones / Belga Films / Blitz / CJ CGV Viet Nam / Cathay-Keris Films / China Film Group Corporation (CFGC) / Cineforum / Constantin-Film / Cuvision / Diamond Films / Emperor Motion Pictures / Entertainment One / Forum Film Bulgaria / Forum Film Poland / Forum Film Slovakia / Forum Film / Forum Films / Gulf Film / Independent Films / Kadokawa / Lionsgate UK / Lionsgate / Long Shong Entertainment Multimedia Company / Metropolitan Filmexport / Mongkol Major / Myndform / Noori Pictures / Nordisk Film / Paris Filmes / Pioneer Films / Pris Audiovisuais / Pro Video Film & Distribution Kft. / Roadshow Films / Seven Films – Spentzos Film / Spentzos Films / StudioCanal / The Moments Entertainment / Times Media Films / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Venus Films / Volga / Westec Media Limited / bf Distribution / Belga Home Vidéo / Eagle Films / Film & TV House / Film1 / KVH Media Group / Lionsgate Home Entertainment / Lizard Cinema Trade / Nelonen / SBS6
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 movie
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 release date
- November 10, 2014 : UK (London) (premiere)
- November 19, 2014 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- November 19, 2014 : France
- November 19, 2014 : Sweden
- November 20, 2014 : United Arab Emirates
- November 20, 2014 : Australia
- November 20, 2014 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 20, 2014 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- November 20, 2014 : Germany
- November 20, 2014 : Spain
- November 20, 2014 : UK
- November 20, 2014 : Ireland
- November 20, 2014 : Israel
- November 20, 2014 : Philippines
- November 20, 2014 : Singapore
- November 21, 2014 : Canada
- November 21, 2014 : USA
- November 28, 2014 : India
- June 5, 2015 : Japan
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 cast
- Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen
- Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark
- Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne
- Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy
- Donald Sutherland as President Snow
- Philip Seymour Hoffman as Plutarch Heavensbee
- Julianne Moore as President Alma Coin
- Willow Shields as Primrose Everdeen
- Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair
- Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket
- Mahershala Ali as Boggs
- Jena Malone as Johanna Mason
- Jeffrey Wright as Beetee
- Paula Malcomson as Katniss’ Mother
- Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 is a 2014 American dystopian science fiction adventure film directed by Francis Lawrence with a screenplay by Peter Craig and Danny Strong. It is the first of two films based on Suzanne Collins’ novel Mockingjay, the final book in The Hunger Games trilogy, and the third installment in The Hunger Games film series, produced by Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik and distributed by Lionsgate. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, and Donald Sutherland. Principal photography for both parts of the film began on September 23, 2013, in Atlanta, before moving to Paris for two weeks of filming and officially concluding on June 20, 2014, in Berlin.
The story continues to follow Katniss Everdeen; having twice survived the Hunger Games, Katniss finds herself in District 13. Under the leadership of President Coin and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss reluctantly becomes the symbol of a mass rebellion against the Capitol and fights to save Peeta and a nation moved by her courage. It is the sequel to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and was followed by the concluding entry, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.
Mockingjay – Part 1 was released on November 21, 2014 in the United States. Like its predecessors, the film was a commercial success grossing $55 million on its opening day, making it the largest opening day of 2014 and the sixth-largest in November. The film went to the No. 1 spot during its opening weekend with a $273.8 million worldwide gross, becoming the biggest opening of 2014 and marking The Hunger Games film series as the only franchise to have three films earn over $100 million in a weekend. The film earned over $755 million worldwide, making it the fifth highest-grossing film of 2014 and the second-highest-grossing entry in The Hunger Games series.
Part 1 received generally positive reviews from critics, who commended its acting, musical score and political subtext, but received criticism for its lack of action and for splitting the novel into two separate adaptations. It is the lowest-rated Hunger Games film of the franchise, according to review aggregators Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. The film had garnered a nomination for Best Science Fiction Film at the 41st Saturn Awards. For her performance, Lawrence received a nomination for Best Actress in an Action Movie at the 20th Critics’ Choice Awards and a Saturn Award nomination. The song “Yellow Flicker Beat” also received a nomination for Best Original Song at the 72nd Golden Globe Awards and Critics’ Choice Awards.
After being rescued from the destroyed arena in the 75th Hunger Games, tributes Katniss Everdeen, Beetee, and Finnick Odair are taken to District 13, a below-ground district isolated from Panem that has been spearheading the rebellion. Katniss is reunited with her mother and sister Prim and is introduced to President Alma Coin, the rebel leader. Katniss is told that her arrow destroying the forcefield led to riots in over half the districts, joining District 13 in the rebellion, which caused Snow to bomb District 12 in retaliation. Coin asks her to become the “Mockingjay”—a symbol of the rebellion—as part of a “hearts and minds” strategy. Katniss reluctantly agrees after seeing Peeta being manipulated on state television to quell the rebellion. She visits the ruins of District 12, her old house somehow untouched with white roses from President Snow inside.
Katniss meets her film team and is given Effie Trinket as a stylist and close friend Gale as a bodyguard. They go to District 8 to visit a hospital but a Capitol air squadron bombs it. The crew films Katniss and Gale shooting down two Capitol hovercrafts and Katniss’ rage-filled threat: “If we burn, you burn with us.” District 7 revolts, shouting the same phrase and killing Peacekeepers.
Also, check these topics out: X-Men movies in order of release date, Billie Eilish Grammys, Batwoman Season 1 Episode 12, Superstore Season 5 Episode 14, Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10 Episode 3, The Good Place Season 4 Episode 13, List of Grammy winners 2020, Great Pretender anime, X Factor UK 2019, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, AGT judges, Supergirl Season 5 Episode 12, Bob’s Burgers The Movie, Kobe dead. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014 movie) Jennifer Lawrence. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014 movie) trailer starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson.