The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (commonly referred to as Breaking Dawn: Part 2) is a 2012 American romantic drama fantasy film directed by Bill Condon and based on the novel Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. Constituting the second of a two-part adaptation of the novel, the film is the fifth and final installment in The Twilight Saga film series, following 2011’s Breaking Dawn: Part 1. All three main cast members, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, reprise their roles, with Mackenzie Foy portraying Renesmee Cullen.
Alongside Pattinson, Lautner, Stewart, and Foy, the film also stars an ensemble cast including Billy Burke, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed, Jackson Rathbone, Ashley Greene, Michael Sheen, and Dakota Fanning.
- Starring : Kristen Stewart / Robert Pattinson
- Genre : Adventure / Drama / Fantasy / Romance
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Bill Condon
- Production : Summit Entertainment / Temple Hill Entertainment / Sunswept Entertainment
- Distributor : Lionsgate / Alfa Films / Ascot Elite Entertainment Group / Aurum Producciones / Belga Films / Concorde Filmverleih / Constantin-Film / Eagle Pictures / Entertainment One / Golden Scene / Hoyts Distribution / Independent Films / Kadokawa / Long Shong Entertainment Multimedia Company / Manfer Films / MediaPro Distribution / Mongkol Major / Monolith Films / NOS Audiovisuais / Nordisk Film / Nu Metro Films / Odeon / Pancinema / Paris Filmes / Pioneer Films / Pro Video Film & Distribution Kft. / SND Films / Shaw Organisation / Sony Pictures Releasing / Tiglon / West Film / Belga Home Vidéo / Concorde Home Entertainment / EuroVideo / Film1 / RTL Entertainment / Summit Home Entertainment
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 movie
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 release date
- November 12, 2012 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- November 14, 2012 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- November 14, 2012 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- November 14, 2012 : France
- November 14, 2012 : Sweden
- November 15, 2012 : Australia
- November 15, 2012 : Israel
- November 15, 2012 : Philippines
- November 16, 2012 : Canada
- November 16, 2012 : Spain
- November 16, 2012 : UK
- November 16, 2012 : Ireland
- November 16, 2012 : USA
- November 22, 2012 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 22, 2012 : Germany
- November 22, 2012 : Singapore
- November 23, 2012 : India
- December 28, 2012 : Japan
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 cast
- Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan
- Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen
- Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black
- Peter Facinelli as Dr. Carlisle Cullen
- Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen
- Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen
- Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale
- Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen
- Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale
- Billy Burke as Charlie Swan
- Chaske Spencer as Sam Uley
- Mackenzie Foy as Renesmee
- Maggie Grace as Irina
- Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius
- Christopher Heyerdahl as Marcus
Part 2 was released on November 16, 2012. The film, despite mixed critical reception, was a box office success, grossing nearly $830 million worldwide against production budget of $136 million, becoming the sixth-highest-grossing film of 2012 and the highest-grossing film of The Twilight Saga series.
Bella, who has just given birth, awakens from her human-to-vampire transformation and is introduced to her daughter Renesmee. The rest of the Cullens and Jacob stay nearby, and when Jacob acts possessively towards Renesmee, Bella learns he has imprinted on her, making her furious until Jacob explains what imprinting is. Meanwhile, Bella’s father, Charlie, has been trying to contact the Cullens for updates on Bella’s health. Carlisle comes to believe that they have to leave Forks, Washington to protect their identities – especially because of Charlie. Jacob, desperate not to lose Renesmee, visits Charlie and tells him that Bella is alive and well, but had to change in order to get better. Jacob also tells Charlie he doesn’t live in the world he thinks he lives in, but says nothing about vampires. He then phases into his wolf form. Charlie then visits the Cullen house and meets Renesmee, believing she is a niece of Edward’s whom Bella and Edward adopted. Afterward, the Cullens are able to stay in Forks.
Several months pass with Carlisle monitoring Renesmee’s rapid growth. On an outing in the woods, a bitter Irina sees Renesmee from a distance and assumes she’s an immortal child without asking any questions. Immortal children were vampires who were changed in childhood, and because they could not be trained nor restrained, they destroyed entire villages. They were eventually executed, as were the parents who created them, and the creation of such children outlawed. Irina goes to the Volturi to report what she has seen. Alice sees the Volturi and Irina coming to kill the Cullens, and instructs the others to gather as many witnesses as they can to testify that Renesmee is not an immortal child. The Cullens begin to summon witnesses, such as the Denali family. One of the Denali, Eleazar, later discovers that Bella has a special ability: a powerful mental shield which had protected her from Edward’s mind reading even when she was human, and which she is taught to extend to protect others from vampire powers.
As some of their potential witnesses are attacked and prevented from supporting the Cullens, Carlisle and Edward realize they may have to fight the Volturi. Their witnesses ultimately agree to stand with them in battle, having realized the Volturi increased their Guard by falsely accusing covens of crimes, destroying them and then recruiting the vampires with gifts. The Volturi arrive prepared for battle, led by Aro, who is eager to obtain the gifted members of the Cullen coven as part of his Guard. Aro is allowed to touch Renesmee, and is convinced that she is not an immortal child. Irina is brought forth and takes full responsibility for her mistake, leading to her immediate death. Aro still insists that Renesmee may pose a risk in the future, validating his claim that battle is necessary. Before any violence, Alice shares with Aro her vision of the battle that is to come, during which both sides sustain heavy casualties, including Aro, who would also die. Aro believes her, giving Alice and Jasper an opportunity to reveal their witness, Nahuel (a half-mortal half-vampire just like Renesmee). The witness proves that he is not a threat, supporting the notion that Renesmee is not a threat. The Volturi unhappily leave, explaining that there will be no battle today.
Back at the Cullen home, Alice glimpses the future, seeing Edward and Bella together with Jacob and a fully matured Renesmee also together. Edward reads Alice’s mind and feels relieved that Renesmee has Jacob to protect her. Alone in the meadow, Bella pushes her mental shield away and finally allows Edward to see into her mind, showing him every moment she and Edward shared together and the two share a kiss after Bella telling Edward, “Nobody has ever loved anybody as much as I love you”, and both Edward and Bella say they will love each other and be together forever.
Also, check these topics out: Modern Family Season 11 Episode 11, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, X Factor UK 2019, Dare Me Season 1 Episode 4, Shrill Season 2, Penny Dreadful City of Angels Season 1 Episode 1, Sorry We Missed You movie, The Corrupted movie, Shameless Season 10 Episode 11, X-Men movies in order of release date, AGT judges, The Chi Season 3 Episode 1, Manifest Season 2 Episode 3, The Good Doctor Season 3 Episode 12. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012 movie). The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012 movie) trailer starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson.