The Twilight Saga: New Moon (commonly referred to as New Moon) is a 2009 American romantic fantasy film based on Stephenie Meyer’s 2006 novel New Moon. It is the second film in The Twilight Saga film series and is the sequel to 2008’s Twilight. Summit Entertainment greenlit the sequel in late November 2008, following the early success of Twilight.
Directed by Chris Weitz, the film stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, reprising their roles as Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, and Jacob Black, respectively. Melissa Rosenberg, who handed in a draft of the film script during the opening weekend of Twilight, returned as screenwriter for New Moon as well.
- Starring : Kristen Stewart / Robert Pattinson
- Genre : Adventure / Drama / Fantasy / Mystery / Romance
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Italian
- Director : Chris Weitz
- Production : Temple Hill Entertainment / Maverick Films / Imprint Entertainment / Sunswept Entertainment / Summit Entertainment
- Distributor : Summit Entertainment / ACME / Alfa Films / Aurum Producciones / Belga Films / Cinestar / Concorde Filmverleih / Corazón Films / Eagle Pictures / Entertainment One / Forum Hungary / Independent Films / SND Films / SPI International / Seville Pictures / Shaw Organisation / West / Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais / 2BE / Ascot Elite Entertainment Group / Asmik Ace Entertainment / Bazuca Films / Concorde Home Entertainment / FX Network / Film1 / Golden Scene / Imola Media / Kadokawa Pictures / La5 / Long Shong Entertainment Multimedia Company / Net5 / Nordisk Film / Odeon / PVR Pictures / Pancinema / Paris Filmes / Summit Home Entertainment / Transeuropa Video Entertainment (TVE) / Warner Home Video
The Twilight Saga: New Moon movie
The Twilight Saga: New Moon release date
- November 16, 2009 : USA (Westwood, California) (premiere)
- November 18, 2009 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- November 18, 2009 : Spain
- November 18, 2009 : France
- November 19, 2009 : Australia
- November 20, 2009 : Canada
- November 20, 2009 : UK
- November 20, 2009 : Ireland
- November 20, 2009 : Philippines
- November 20, 2009 : Sweden
- November 20, 2009 : USA
- November 26, 2009 : United Arab Emirates
- November 26, 2009 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- November 26, 2009 : Germany
- November 28, 2009 : Japan
- December 3, 2009 : Singapore
- December 10, 2009 : Israel
- December 11, 2009 : India
- June 29, 2010 : Canada (limited) (re-release)
The Twilight Saga: New Moon cast
- Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan
- Christina Jastrzembska as Gran
- Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen
- Billy Burke as Charlie Swan
- Anna Kendrick as Jessica
- Michael Welch as Mike
- Justin Chon as Eric
- Christian Serratos as Angela
- Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black
- Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen
- Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale
- Russell Roberts as Mr. Berty
- Cam Gigandet as James(archiveFootage)
- Michael Sheen as Aro
- Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius
Filming began in Vancouver in late March 2009, and in Montepulciano, Italy in late May 2009. The film was released on November 20, 2009 in most countries, and set domestic box office records as the biggest midnight screening, grossing $26.3 million, which was superseded by its sequel, Eclipse. This led to the highest single-day, domestic gross on an opening day, with $72.7 million, until it was beaten in 2011 by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, which made $91.1 million, by nearly $20 million. Furthermore, New Moon opened with the third-highest domestic opening weekend since 2002 grossing a total of $142,839,137. The film also became the highest-grossing film released by Summit Entertainment, and was the widest independent release, playing in over 4,100 theaters in its theatrical run, until it was surpassed by The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.
New Moon was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on March 20, 2010 through midnight release parties. As of July 2012, the film has grossed $184,916,451 in North American DVD sales, selling more than 8,835,501 units, 4 million of which were sold within its first weekend, beating Twilight’s 3.8 million units sold in its first two days. The film was well received by fans, but received generally negative reviews from critics.
On her eighteenth birthday, Bella Swan awakens from a dream where she is an old woman and Edward Cullen, her immortal vampire boyfriend is forever seventeen years old. Despite her lack of enthusiasm, Edward’s family host a small birthday party for Bella. While unwrapping a gift, Bella receives a paper cut. Edward’s foster brother, Jasper, overwhelmed by the scent of Bella’s blood, attempts to attack her but is restrained. Believing that he and his family are putting Bella’s life in danger, Edward ends their relationship, and the Cullens leave Forks.
Bella is left severely depressed and isolated for months. Her concerned father, Charlie, wants Bella to live with her mother in Jacksonville, Florida. Bella refuses and promises to spend more time with her school friends and she and Jessica see a movie. After, Bella approaches some rough-looking bikers outside the theater, much to Jessica’s consternation. The dicey encounter reminds Bella of a previous near-assault where Edward rescued her. She imagines seeing and hearing Edward and realizes that thrill-seeking activities can evoke his preserved image.
Bella’s Quileute friend Jacob Black, helps ease her pain by engaging her in various activities. Jacob mentions how many of his tribal friends are now controlled by Sam, another Quileute. While attending a movie with Bella and Mike, Jacob abruptly leaves after becoming inexplicably angry and suffering a burning fever. Bella drives to Jacob’s home after he avoids seeing her. Jacob has cut his long hair and now has the same Quileute tattoo on his upper right arm as Sam and other tribe members.
When Bella hikes to the meadow that she and Edward often visited, she is confronted by Victoria’s vampire companion, Laurent. As he is about to kill her, a wolf pack appears and attack him. Bella eventually discovers that Jacob and the other tribe members are shape-shifters who phase into giant wolves. Their age-old enemy are vampires, though a treaty exists between the Cullens and the tribe. Jacob’s pack members are currently on alert for Victoria, the vampire seeking to avenge her mate, James, who Edward killed to protect Bella. With Jacob focused on adapting to his new shape-shifting powers, Bella again finds herself alone and returns to seeking thrill-inducing activities, deliberately oblivious to Victoria’s presence.
Also, check these topics out: Sorry We Missed You movie, The Corrupted movie, FBI: Most Wanted Season 1 Episode 3, Dare Me Season 1 Episode 4, Modern Family Season 11 Episode 11, The Chi Season 3 Episode 1, The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 movie, The Good Doctor Season 3 Episode 12, Manifest Season 2 Episode 3, Penny Dreadful City of Angels Season 1 Episode 1, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, AGT judges, X Factor UK 2019, X-Men movies in order of release date. The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009 movie). The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009 movie) trailer starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson.