Transformers is a 2007 American science fiction action film based on the Transformers toy line. The film, which combines computer animation with live-action filming, was directed by Michael Bay, with Steven Spielberg serving as executive producer. It was produced by Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto, and is the first installment in the live-action Transformers film series.
The film stars Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky, a teenager who gets caught up in a war between the heroic Autobots and the villainous Decepticons, two factions of alien robots who can disguise themselves by transforming into everyday machinery, primarily vehicles. The Autobots intend to retrieve and use the AllSpark, the object that created their robotic race that is on Earth, to rebuild their home planet Cybertron and end the war, while the Decepticons have the intention of using it to build an army by giving life to the machines of Earth.
Tyrese Gibson, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Anderson, Megan Fox, Rachael Taylor, John Turturro, and Jon Voight also star, while voice actors Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving voice Optimus Prime and Megatron respectively.
- Starring : Shia LaBeouf / Tyrese Gibson
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Spanish
- Director : Michael Bay
- Production : DreamWorks / Paramount Pictures / Hasbro / Di Bonaventura Pictures / Amblin Entertainment / Platinum Dunes / SprocketHeads / thinkfilm
- Distributor : Paramount Pictures / CJ Entertainment / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Odeon / Paramount Home Entertainment / Home Box Office (HBO) / Universal Pictures Russia / B&H Film Distribution / Finnkino / Intercontinental Film Distributors (HK) / Solar Entertainment / Taramount Film / United International Pictures (UIP) / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Argentina Video Home / Cinecanal / Cinemax / DreamWorks Home Entertainment / Film1 / Hero / Nelonen / Novyy Disk / Odeon Home Entertainment / Quality Films / RTL Entertainment / TV6
Transformers release date
- June 12, 2007 : Australia (Sydney) (premiere)
- June 22, 2007 : UK (London) (premiere)
- June 27, 2007 : USA (Los Angeles Film Festival)
- June 28, 2007 : Australia
- June 28, 2007 : Philippines
- June 28, 2007 : Singapore
- July 2, 2007 : Canada
- July 3, 2007 : USA
- July 4, 2007 : Spain
- July 4, 2007 : Sweden
- July 12, 2007 : Israel
- July 25, 2007 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- July 25, 2007 : France
- July 25, 2007 : Japan (Chiyoda, Tokyo) (premiere)
- July 27, 2007 : UK
- July 27, 2007 : Ireland
- August 1, 2007 : Germany
- August 4, 2007 : India
- August 4, 2007 : Japan
- September 21, 2007 : Australia (IMAX version)
- September 21, 2007 : Canada (IMAX version)
- September 21, 2007 : UK (IMAX version)
- September 21, 2007 : USA (IMAX version)
- Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky
- Megan Fox as Mikaela Banes
- Josh Duhamel as Captain Lennox
- Tyrese Gibson as USAF Tech Sergeant Epps
- Rachael Taylor as Maggie Madsen
- Anthony Anderson as Glen Whitmann
- Jon Voight as Defense Secretary John Keller
- John Turturro as Agent Simmons
- Michael O’Neill as Tom Banacheck
- Kevin Dunn as Ron Witwicky
- Julie White as Judy Witwicky
- Amaury Nolasco as ACWO Jorge “Fig” Figueroa
- Zack Ward as First Sergeant Donnelly
- Luis Echagarruga as Ranger Team
- Patrick Mulderrig as Ranger Team
Murphy and DeSanto developed the project in 2003, and DeSanto wrote a treatment. Steven Spielberg came on board the following year, hiring Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman to write the screenplay. The U.S. Armed Forces and General Motors (GM) loaned vehicles and aircraft during filming, which saved money for the production and added realism to the battle scenes. Hasbro’s promotional campaign for the film included deals with various companies; advertising included a viral marketing campaign, coordinated releases of prequel comic books, toys, and books, as well as product placement deals with companies such as GM, Burger King, and eBay.
Transformers received mixed reviews from critics and a positive response from audiences. It became the 87th highest-grossing film of all-time and was the fifth highest-grossing film of 2007, grossing $709 million worldwide, with an estimated 46 million tickets sold in the US. The film won four awards from the Visual Effects Society and was nominated for three Academy Awards, for Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Visual Effects. LaBeouf’s performance was praised by Empire, and Cullen’s reprisal of Optimus Prime from the 1980s television series was well received by fans. The film was followed by four sequels, Revenge of the Fallen (2009), Dark of the Moon (2011), Age of Extinction (2014), and The Last Knight (2017), as well as a spin-off/prequel titled Bumblebee was released in 2018.
Several thousand years ago, the planet Cybertron was consumed by a civil war between the two Transformer factions, the Autobots led by Optimus Prime and the Decepticons led by Megatron. Optimus jettisoned the AllSpark, a mystical artifact that brings life to the planet, into space, but Megatron pursued it. Megatron crashed onto Earth, landing in the Arctic Circle and froze, and was discovered in 1895 by explorer Archibald Witwicky. Witwicky inadvertently activated Megatron’s navigational system, which etched the AllSpark’s coordinates into his glasses. The glasses end up in the possession of his great-great-grandson Sam Witwicky.
In the present, Blackout attacks and destroys a United States military base in Qatar in a failed attempt to hack the military network to find information on Megatron and the AllSpark. A surviving team of Army Rangers led by Captain William Lennox escape across the desert, pursued by Blackout’s drone Scorponok. They fight Scorponok off, aided by aerial reinforcements, and travel home with Scorponok’s stinger, discovering sabot rounds damaged its armor. At the Pentagon, Secretary of Defense John Keller leads the investigation into the attack. Sound analyst Maggie Madsen catches another Decepticon, Frenzy, hacking into the military network while onboard Air Force One. While the hack is thwarted, Frenzy downloads files on Archibald’s glasses, tracking down Sam with Barricade, disguised as a police car.
Meanwhile, Sam buys his first car, a rusting Chevrolet Camaro, but discovers it has a life of its own. Sam and his high school crush Mikaela Banes are rescued from Barricade and Frenzy by the Camaro who turns out to be the Autobot scout Bumblebee, who has to communicate through his car radio due to being mute. Previously sending a beacon to his fellow Autobots, Bumblebee takes Sam and Mikaela to meet Optimus Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, and Ratchet. Optimus explains the details of the situation, revealing if Megatron gained the AllSpark he would transform Earth’s machinery into a new army and exterminate mankind. Sam, Mikaela, and the Autobots travel to Sam’s house to retrieve the glasses, but they are captured by agents of Sector Seven, a top-secret paramilitary government branch, led by Seymour Simmons. The Autobots stop the agents, but they call for backup, who take Sam, Mikaela, and Bumblebee into custody, though Optimus obtains the glasses, and uses them to locate the Allspark.
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movie, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken Season 1, Aladdin movie, X Factor UK 2019, One Piece Episode 917, Power Season 6 Episode 12, AGT judges, The Hunchback of Notre Dame movie, A Bug’s Life movie, AGT Champions 85 years old, Transformers The Last Knight movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, Beauty and the Beast movie. Transformers (2007 movie). Transformers (2007 movie) trailer starring Shia LaBeouf, Tyrese Gibson.