Saint Frances follows Bridget (Kelly O’Sullivan), a 34-year-old woman who finally catches a break when she meets a nice guy and lands a much-needed job nannying six-year-old Frances (Ramona Edith-Williams). But an unwanted pregnancy introduces an unexpected complication. To make matters worse, she clashes with the stubborn Frances and struggles to navigate a growing tension between Frances’s moms.
But amidst her stormy personal relationships, a reluctant friendship with Frances emerges, and Bridget contends with the joys and pains of becoming a part of someone else’s family.
- Starring : Kelly O’Sullivan / Ramona Edith-Williams
- Genre : Comedy / Drama
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Alex Thompson
- Distributor : Oscilloscope
Saint Frances movie
Saint Frances release date
- March 11, 2019 : USA (South by Southwest Film Festival)
- May 9, 2019 : USA (Bentonville Film Festival)
- May 11, 2019 : USA (Montclair Film Festival)
- May 17, 2019 : USA (Chicago Critics Film Festival)
- May 27, 2019 : Canada (Toronto Inside Out LGBT Film Festival)
- June 7, 2019 : USA (Lighthouse International Film Festival)
- June 23, 2019 : France (Champs-Élysées Film Festival)
- July 2, 2019 : Germany (Munich International Film Festival)
- July 12, 2019 : USA (Rooftop Films Summer Series)
- July 20, 2019 : USA (Outfest Los Angeles)
- August 2, 2019 : USA (Traverse City Film Festival)
- October 4, 2019 : USA (Montana Film Festival)
- October 9, 2019 : USA (Nashville Film Festival)
- October 20, 2019 : USA (Milwaukee Film Festival)
- November 3, 2019 : USA (Denver International Film Festival)
- November 16, 2019 : Ireland (Cork International Film Festival)
- November 22, 2019 : France (Paris Chéries Chéris Film Festival)
- November 22, 2019 : USA (Key West Film Festival)
- February 28, 2020 : USA
Saint Frances cast
- Kelly O’Sullivan as Bridget
- Ramona Edith-Williams as Frances
- Charin Alvarez as Maya
- Jim True-Frost as Isaac
- Francis Guinan as Dennis
- Lily Mojekwu as Annie
- Mary Beth Fisher as Carol
- Braden Crothers as Cortland
- Laura T. Fisher as Donna
- Max Lipchitz as Jace
- Bradley Grant Smith as Corey
- Rebekah Ward as Cheryl
- H.B. Ward as Ol’ Hippie
- Meighan Gerachis as Nurse Tech
- William Drain as Librarian
Saint Frances had 8 wins and 8 nominations in several film festivals where it was shown in 2019. The movie won the Audience Award at the American Film Festival, Chicago Critics Film Festival, L.A. Outfest and SXSW Film Festival. Saint Frances also won the Prix de la Critique at the Champs-Élysées Film Festival, the Special Jury Award at the SXSW Film Festival, the Golden Strands at the Tallgrass International Film Festival, and the Nora Ephron Prize at the Traverse City Film Festival.
Kelly O’Sullivan plays the lead role of Bridget. Kelly is a graduate of Northwestern University, The School at Steppenwolf Theatre, and a recipient of a Princess Grace Fellowship Award for Theatre. She has a long list of theatrical credits which includes My Wonderful Day, where she got a Barrymore nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Play (The Wilma Theatre). She also got a Jeff nomination for Principal Actress in a Play in Mr. Marmalade (Dog & Pony Theatre). Her TV appearances include The Mob Doctor, Battleground, two seasons of Sirens, and The History of Us pilot for CBS. Her film credits include: In Memoriam, Jessica, Sleep With Me, Henry Gamble’s Birthday Party, and Brother Sister.
The seven-year-old Ramona Edith Williams plays the role of Frances. Ramona is a proud Joliet, IL native, born to parents Clarence Nathan Williams and Lucia Williams in May of 2012. When she was just 2 years old, Ramona self-proclaimed herself Princess Ramona. In her first 4 years Princess Ramona competed in the Illinois Natural Pageants, Cisco and Cisco Productions’ Illinois Royalty Charity Pageants, Sunburst Pageants and Pure International Pageants. In 2016 she became the Pure International Pageants Toddler Miss America and holds an Ambassadorship with C.C.P. Illinois Royalty Charity as Little Miss Joliet. Ramona had been requested for an audition by name for the movie Saint Frances. She filmed most of July 2018 and fell in love with the cast and crew.
Charin Alvarez portrays Maya in Saint Frances. Aside from the movie Saint Frances, Charin is known for Signature Move (2017) and Teacher (2019). She was nominated for a 2005 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for “Two Sisters and a Piano” at the Apple Tree Theatre and Teatro Vista in Chicago, Illinois.
American stage, TV and screen actor Jim True-Frost (age 53) portrays the role of Isaac. He is most known for his portrayal of Roland “Prez” Pryzbylewski on all five seasons of the HBO program The Wire. He has been an ensemble member of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago since 1989. He appeared in 2008 as Brutus in the American Repertory Theatre’s production of William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, as well as Steppenwolf’s Broadway run of August: Osage County, which won the Tony for Best Play. He also appeared in the film Off the Map directed by Singles co-star Campbell Scott.
Also, check these topics out: AGT judges, Marcelito Pomoy Beauty and the Beast finals, Charmed Season 2 Episode 13 trailer, The Bold Type Season 4 Episode 4 trailer, Grown-ish Season 3 Episode 5, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Katy Keene Season 1 Episode 2 trailer, X-Men movies in order of release date, Dynasty Season 3 Episode 13 release date, Abigail movie, X Factor UK 2019, MacGyver Season 4 Episode 2, Portrait of a Lady on Fire movie, Law and Order SVU Season 21 Episode 14 trailer. Saint Frances (2019 movie). Saint Frances movie 2019 trailer, cast Kelly O’Sullivan, Ramona Edith-Williams.