The Bourne Ultimatum is a 2007 action thriller film directed by Paul Greengrass loosely based on the novel of the same name by Robert Ludlum.The screenplay was written by Tony Gilroy, Scott Z. Burns and George Nolfi and based on a screen story of the novel by Gilroy.The Bourne Ultimatum is the third in the Jason Bourne film series, being preceded by The Bourne Identity (2002) and The Bourne Supremacy (2004). The fourth film, The Bourne Legacy, was released in August 2012, without the involvement of Damon, and the fifth film (a direct sequel to Ultimatum), Jason Bourne, was released in July 2016.
- Starring : Matt Damon / Julia Stiles
- Genre : Action / Mystery / Thriller
- Country : United States / Germany / France / Spain
- Language : English / French / Arabic / Russian / Spanish
- Director : Paul Greengrass
- Production : Universal Pictures / Motion Picture BETA Produktionsgesellschaft / The Kennedy/Marshall Company / Ludlum Entertainment / Bourne Again / KanZaman Services / Peninsula Films / Studio Babelsberg
- Distributor : Bontonfilm / Finnkino / Forum Cinemas / Sega Sammy Entertainment / Taramount Film / Tatrafilm / Toho-Towa / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Universal Pictures / 2BE / Argentina Video Home / CBS / Film1 / MTV3 / RTL Entertainment / Sub / TV5 / Universal Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures Finland / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment / Yleisradio (YLE)
The Bourne Ultimatum movie
The Bourne Ultimatum release date
- July 25, 2007 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- August 3, 2007 : USA
- August 4, 2007 : Switzerland (Locarno Film Festival)
- August 8, 2007 : Australia (Melbourne) (premiere)
- August 13, 2007 : Australia (Sydney) (premiere)
- August 14, 2007 : Spain
- August 15, 2007 : UK (London) (premiere)
- August 15, 2007 : Philippines
- August 16, 2007 : Israel
- August 16, 2007 : Singapore
- August 17, 2007 : UK
- August 17, 2007 : Ireland
- August 21, 2007 : Germany (Berlin) (premiere)
- August 30, 2007 : Australia
- September 1, 2007 : France (Deauville Film Festival)
- September 6, 2007 : Germany
- September 12, 2007 : France
- September 12, 2007 : Sweden
- September 21, 2007 : India
- October 18, 2007 : Japan (Tokyo) (premiere)
- November 10, 2007 : Japan
The Bourne Ultimatum cast
- Matt Damon as Jason Bourne
- Julia Stiles as Nicky Parsons
- David Strathairn as Noah Vosen
- Scott Glenn as Ezra Kramer
- Paddy Considine as Simon Ross
- Edgar Ramírez as Paz(as Edgar Ramirez)
- Albert Finney as Dr. Albert Hirsch
- Joan Allen as Pam Landy
- Tom Gallop as Tom Cronin
- Corey Johnson as Wills
- Daniel Brühl as Martin Kreutz
- Joey Ansah as Desh
- Colin Stinton as Neal Daniels
- Dan Fredenburgh as Jimmy
- Lucy Liemann as Lucy
Matt Damon reprises his role as Ludlum’s signature character, former CIA assassin and psychogenic amnesiac Jason Bourne. In the film, Bourne continues his search for information about his past before he was part of Operation Treadstone and becomes a target of a similar assassin program.
The Bourne Ultimatum was produced by Universal Pictures and was released on August 3, 2007, and grossed a total of $442 million worldwide becoming, at the time, Damon’s highest-grossing film with him as the lead. The film received acclaim from critics, who considered it to be the best film in the series, and praised the performances, action sequences, sound design, story, stunts, camerawork and John Powell’s musical score. It was chosen by National Board of Review as one of the top ten films of 2007 and went on to win all three of its nominations at the 80th Academy Awards: Best Film Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing.
Following his pursuit by Kirill, Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) eludes Moscow police while wounded through a train station and deals with more flashbacks of when he first joined Operation Treadstone.
Six weeks later, CIA Deputy Director Pamela Landy (Joan Allen) divulges the audiotaped confession of Ward Abbott, the late former head of Treadstone, to Director Ezra Kramer (Scott Glenn). Meanwhile, in Turin, journalist Simon Ross (Paddy Considine) of The Guardian meets an informant to learn about Bourne and Operation Blackbriar, the program succeeding Treadstone. The CIA tracks Ross as he returns to London, after his mention of “Blackbriar” during a cell phone call to his editor is detected by the ECHELON system. Bourne reappears in Paris to inform Martin Kreutz (Daniel Brühl), the brother of his girlfriend Marie Helena Kreutz (Franka Potente), of her assassination in India, also in the previous film.
Bourne reads Ross’s articles and arranges a meeting with him at London Waterloo station. Bourne realizes that the CIA is following Ross and helps him evade capture for a while, but when he panics and ignores Bourne’s instructions, Ross is shot and killed by Blackbriar assassin Paz (Édgar Ramírez) on orders of Deputy Director Noah Vosen (David Strathairn). Vosen’s team, reluctantly assisted by Landy, analyzes Ross’s notes and identifies his source as Neal Daniels (Colin Stinton), a CIA Station chief involved with Treadstone and Blackbriar. Bourne makes his way to Daniels’ office in Madrid but finds it empty. He incapacitates gunmen sent by Vosen and Landy. Nicky Parsons (Julia Stiles), a former Treadstone operative who shares a history with Bourne, tells him that Daniels has fled to Tangier and aids his escape from an arriving CIA unit.
Nicky learns that Blackbriar “asset” Desh Bouksani (Joey Ansah) has been tasked with killing Daniels. Vosen sees that Nicky accessed information about Daniels and sends Bouksani after Nicky and Bourne as well, a decision with which Landy fiercely disagrees. Bourne follows Bouksani to Daniels but fails to prevent Daniels’s death by a planted bomb. However, Bourne manages to kill Bouksani before he can kill Nicky. After sending Nicky into hiding, Bourne examines the contents of Daniels’ briefcase and finds the address of the deep-cover CIA bureau in New York City, where Vosen directs Blackbriar. Bourne travels to New York.
Landy receives a phone call from Bourne, which is intercepted by Vosen. When Landy tells him that his real name is David Webb and gives him the birth date “4-15-71”, Bourne tells Landy to “get some rest” because she looks tired, tipping off that he is in New York and watching her from an overlooking building. Vosen intercepts a text to Landy from Bourne of a location to meet up, and leaves his office with a tactical team. Bourne, however, waits for them all to leave, enters Vosen’s office, and takes classified Blackbriar documents. When he realizes that he has been tricked, Vosen sends Paz after Bourne, but the resulting car chase ends with Bourne forcing Paz’s car to crash into a concrete barrier. Bourne holds the injured Paz at gunpoint, but spares his life.
Bourne arrives at a hospital at 415 East 71st Street, having figured out Landy’s coded message. Outside, Bourne meets Landy and gives her the Blackbriar files before going inside. Vosen also figures out Landy’s code and warns Dr. Albert Hirsch (Albert Finney), who ran Treadstone’s behavior modification program, that Bourne is coming. He follows Landy inside the building but is too late to stop her from faxing the Blackbriar documents out. Meanwhile, Hirsch is confronted by Bourne on an upper floor, who now remembers that he volunteered for Treadstone. As Bourne flees to the roof, he is confronted by Paz, who asks, “Why didn’t you take the shot?” Bourne asks Paz if he knows why he’s supposed to kill him, and repeats the dying words of The Professor in The Bourne Identity: “Look at us. Look at what they make you give.” Paz lowers his gun, but Vosen appears and shoots at Bourne as he jumps into the East River.
Some time later, Nicky watches a news broadcast about the exposure of Operation Blackbriar, the arrests of Hirsch and Vosen, a criminal investigation against Kramer, and the whereabouts of David Webb, a.k.a. Jason Bourne. Upon hearing that his body has not been found after a three-day search of the river, Nicky smiles. Bourne is shown swimming away in the East River.
Also, check these topics out: Jigsaw movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, The 40-Year-Old Virgin trailer, Straight Up trailer, The Roads Not Taken trailer, Two/One movie, X Factor UK 2019, Outmatched Season 1 Episode 3 trailer, AGT judges, Spiral Chris Rock trailer, The Kindness of Strangers movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Into the Dark Season 2 Episode 5, Saw II movie. The Bourne Ultimatum (2007 movie) Matt Damon. The Bourne Ultimatum movie 2007 trailer, cast Matt Damon, Julia Stiles.