The Signal movie
The Signal is a 2014 American science fiction thriller film directed by William Eubank, and written by William and Carlyle Eubank and David Frigerio. The film stars Brenton Thwaites and Laurence Fishburne. It premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival, and was theatrically released in the United States on June 13, 2014. The film is among an increasing number of low-budget, independent science fiction films to be included at the Sundance Film Festival in recent years.
- Starring : Brenton Thwaites / Olivia Cooke
- Genre : Drama / Mystery / Sci-Fi / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : William Eubank
- Production : Automatik Entertainment / Low Spark Films / Signal Film Group
- Distributor : Capelight Pictures / Entertainment One / Focus Features / Phantom Film / Batrax Entertainment / Film & TV House / GEM Entertainment / KVH Media Group
The Signal movie
The Signal release date
- January 20, 2014 : USA (Sundance Film Festival)
- May 27, 2014 : USA (Seattle International Film Festival)
- June 13, 2014 : USA (limited)
- July 10, 2014 : Germany
- July 23, 2014 : Philippines
- September 17, 2014 : Israel (Utopia Film Festival)
- September 23, 2014 : Canada (DVD premiere)
- October 1, 2014 : Sweden (Lund Fantastisk Film Festival)
- February 4, 2015 : France (DVD premiere)
- February 6, 2015 : UK (Glasgow Youth Film Festival)
- February 13, 2015 : Spain
- March 27, 2015 : UK
- May 15, 2015 : Japan
The Signal cast
- Patrick Davidson as Boy Playing Claw Game
- Brenton Thwaites as Nic
- Olivia Cooke as Haley
- Beau Knapp as Jonah
- Jeffrey Grover as Gas Station Clerk
- Laurence Fishburne as Damon
- Roy Kenny as Hazmat 1
- Timothy Holmes as Hazmat 2
- Ricardo Campos as Hazmat 3
- Drew Sykes as Hazmat 4
- Lin Shaye as Mirabelle
- Robert Longstreet as James
Three MIT students – Jonah, Nic, and Haley – are on a road trip to move Haley to California, a decision that stresses Nic’s relationship with Haley. Nic walks with forearm crutches, and the possibility of muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, or some other degenerative disease is implied but never specified. Haley feels Nic is distancing himself from her and Nic explains he does not want his disability to hold her back. During their stay in a hotel, Nic and Jonah discover that a hacker named NOMAD, who nearly got them expelled for breaking into MIT servers, has found their location and is taunting them with strange and ominous e-mails. They track NOMAD to an abandoned house in the middle of Nevada and decide to go after him. After finding nothing in the house, Nic and Jonah hear Haley scream and run outside, only to see her pulled into the sky before disappearing into a white light themselves.
Nic, now with the number 220.127.116.11 tattooed on his arm, wakes up in a strange and sterile underground research facility where he is questioned by Dr. Wallace Damon, the head of the “transition group” in charge of helping Nic to cope with his strange situation. Damon tells Nic what they encountered near the house was an EBE: an extraterrestrial biological entity. Nic remains in a state of disbelief. Dr. Damon then shows him footage from Nic’s own video camera and pauses where an alien face can be seen peering from behind a tree. Nic is taken to his room where he hears Jonah talking to him through a small vent in the wall, saying “(his) body feels weird.” Nic also notices that his legs, previously weak but functional, are now completely numb.
When Dr. Damon questions him again, Nic tries to get answers about Haley’s condition (who is in a coma at the time), but is unsuccessful. Following an unexplained experiment on a cow in another part of the facility, a security alarm goes off and Nic, along with other personnel, finds large dents with scorch marks running across the walls and no sign of Jonah. Nic asks Damon where Jonah went but Damon tells him that Jonah was never recovered from the house. Increasingly agitated, Nic tries to break Haley out but is intercepted. After being restrained, he is shocked to discover that his legs have been amputated and replaced by prostheses made from alien technology. Nic then uses these super-powered limbs to break Haley and himself out of the facility, only to discover they are in the middle of a vast barren desert.
Also, check these topics out: Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, Think Like a Dog release date, 2020 Oscars, Suzi Q movie, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Extinction movie 2018 Netflix, In the Dark Season 2 Episode 6, Marvel movies in order by release date, SWAT Season 3 Episode 21 season finale. The Signal (2014 movie) Brenton Thwaites, Sci-Fi Thriller. Watch The Signal movie 2014 trailer, cast Brenton Thwaites, Olivia Cooke | Sci-Fi Thriller.