Hamilton is a 2020 American musical drama film, written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and directed by Thomas Kail. Both Miranda and Kail are also co-producers of the film, along with Jeffrey Seller.
The film is a live recording of Miranda’s 2015 Broadway musical of the same name, which in turn is inspired by historian Ron Chernow’s 2004 biography Alexander Hamilton.
The Hamilton film is edited from three performances of Hamilton at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City in June 2016, prior to the departure of its original principal Broadway cast members, namely Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr., Phillipa Soo, and Ariana DeBose. Some “setup shots” were also recorded without an audience present and spliced into the 2016 documentary Hamilton’s America. The film does not feature the entire original Broadway cast since ensemble member Betsy Struxness departed the cast before the production was filmed.
- Starring : Lin-Manuel Miranda / Leslie Odom Jr.
- Genre : Biography / Drama / History / Musical
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Thomas Kail
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / 5000 Broadway Productions / RadicalMedia
- Distributor : Disney+ / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Hamilton release date
- July 3, 2020 : Canada (internet)
- July 3, 2020 : France (internet)
- July 3, 2020 : UK (internet)
- July 3, 2020 : India (internet)
- July 3, 2020 : USA (internet)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda as Alexander Hamilton
- Leslie Odom Jr. as Aaron Burr
- Phillipa Soo as Eliza Hamilton
- Renée Elise Goldsberry as Angelica Schuyler
- Chris Jackson as George Washington
- Daveed Diggs as Marquis de Lafayette / Thomas Jefferson
- Okieriete Onaodowan as Hercules Mulligan / James Madison
- Anthony Ramos as John Laurens / Philip Hamilton
- Jasmine Cephas Jones as Peggy Schuyler / Maria Reynolds
- Jonathan Groff as King George III
- Jon Rua as Charles Lee / Ensemble
- Ephraim Sykes as George Eacker / Ensemble
- Thayne Jasperson as Samuel Seabury / Ensemble
- Sydney James Harcourt as Philip Schuyler / James Reynolds / Doctor / Ensemble
- Carleigh Bettiol as Ensemble
On February 3, 2020, it was announced that The Walt Disney Studios had acquired the worldwide distribution rights for Hamilton for $75 million. It was originally scheduled for theatrical release on October 15, 2021 by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. But in light of the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the film industry and the performing arts, Hamilton’s release date was later moved up to July 3, 2020 on Disney+. This move was also done so the film can be released in time for the Fourth of July weekend, on the 244th anniversary of the independence of the United States.
Also, check these topics out: Snowpiercer Season 1 Episode 7, Kirby Burgess, Stephanie Cole Scared To Be Lonely The Voice Australia, 2020 Oscars, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, Penny Dreadful City of Angels Season 1 finale, National Lampoon’s Animal House movie, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Marvel movies in order by release date, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote. Hamilton (2020 movie) Lin-Manuel Miranda. Hamilton movie 2020 trailer, cast Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr. | Musical | Drama.