Jumanji is a 1995 American fantasy adventure film directed by Joe Johnston. It is loosely based on the 1981 children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg and the first installment of the Jumanji franchise. The film was written by Van Allsburg, Greg Taylor, Jonathan Hensleigh, and Jim Strain and stars Robin Williams, Kirsten Dunst, David Alan Grier, Bonnie Hunt, Bradley Pierce, Jonathan Hyde, and Bebe Neuwirth.
- Starring : Robin Williams / Kirsten Dunst
- Genre : Adventure / Comedy / Family / Fantasy
- Country : United States
- Language : English / French
- Director : Joe Johnston
- Production : TriStar Pictures / Interscope Communications / Teitler Film
- Distributor : TriStar Pictures / Columbia Tristar Films of India / Columbia TriStar Film Distributors / Columbia TriStar Film / Columbia TriStar Films AB / Columbia TriStar Films Pty. Ltd. / Columbia TriStar Films / Columbia TriStar Films de Argentina / Columbia TriStar Films de España / Finnkino / Prooptiki / ABC Family / Blitz Film & Video Distribution / Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment / Columbia TriStar Home Video / DBC Medier / Disney Channel / Egmont Entertainment / Egmont Film / Fox Network / Freeform / Gaumont/Columbia TriStar Home Video / Hub Television Network / Italia 1 / Kanal 2 / LK-TEL / Moviemax Family / Nelonen / Nickelodeon Network / Nordisk Film Home Entertainment / Nordisk Film / Pop TV / RTL / SBP / SBS6 / Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) / Sony Pictures España / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Super RTL / Syfy / TV5 / United Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures / Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Nordic / Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Videosonic / WGN America
Jumanji release date
- December 15, 1995 : USA
- February 12, 1996 : Spain
- February 14, 1996 : France
- February 16, 1996 : Switzerland
- February 16, 1996 : UK
- February 16, 1996 : Ireland
- February 22, 1996 : Germany
- March 20, 1996 : Japan
- March 21, 1996 : Australia
- March 29, 1996 : Sweden
- April 4, 1996 : Singapore
- July 12, 1996 : Israel
- December 1, 1996 : India
- Robin Williams as Alan Parrish
- Jonathan Hyde as Van Pelt / Sam Parrish
- Kirsten Dunst as Judy Shepherd
- Bradley Pierce as Peter Shepherd
- Bonnie Hunt as Sarah Whittle
- Bebe Neuwirth as Nora Shepherd
- David Alan Grier as Bentley
- Patricia Clarkson as Carol Parrish
- Adam Hann-Byrd as Young Alan
- Laura Bell Bundy as Young Sarah
- James Handy as Exterminator
- Gillian Barber as Mrs. Thomas
- Brandon Obray as Benjamin
- Cyrus Thiedeke as Caleb
- Gary Joseph Thorup as Billy Jessup
The story centers on a supernatural board game that releases jungle-based hazards upon its players with every turn they take. As a boy in 1969, Alan Parrish became trapped inside the game itself while playing with his friend Sarah Whittle. Twenty-six years later, siblings Judy and Peter Shepherd find the game, begin playing and then unwittingly release the now-adult Alan. After tracking down Sarah, the quartet resolves to finish the game in order to reverse all of the destruction it has caused and return back to normal.
The film was released on December 15, 1995, to mixed reviews, but was a box office success, grossing $263 million worldwide on a budget of approximately $65 million. It was the 10th highest-grossing film of 1995.
The film spawned an animated television series, which aired from 1996 to 1999, and was followed by a related film, Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005), and two direct sequels, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) and Jumanji: The Next Level (2019), with Columbia Pictures taking over distribution for all subsequent films.
Also, check these topics out: Stargirl Season 1 Episode 9 trailer, Salt movie, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, Enough movie, Marvel movies in order by release date, Contact movie, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Amelia movie, 2020 Oscars. Jumanji (1995 movie) Robin Williams, Kirsten Dunst. Jumanji movie 1995 trailer, cast Robin Williams, Kirsten Dunst.