Sliver is a 1993 American erotic thriller film based on the Ira Levin novel of the same name about the mysterious occurrences in a privately owned New York high-rise sliver building. Phillip Noyce directed the film, from a screenplay by Joe Eszterhas. Because of a major battle with the MPAA (which originally gave the film an NC-17 rating), the filmmakers were forced to make extensive reshoots before release. These reshoots actually necessitated changing the killer’s identity.
The film stars Sharon Stone, William Baldwin, and Tom Berenger. When he signed on to direct the film, Phillip Noyce remarked “I liked the script a lot. Or at least, I liked the idea of jumping on the Joe Eszterhas bandwagon.”
- Starring : Sharon Stone / William Baldwin
- Genre : Drama / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Phillip Noyce
- Production : Paramount Pictures / Robert Evans Company
- Distributor : Paramount Pictures / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Lucernafilm – Alfa / Paramount Films of India / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures / Argentina Video Home / CIC Video / CIC-Taft Home Video / Hollydan Works / Home Box Office (HBO) / Paramount Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures Home Video / VideoVisa / Warner Home Video
Sliver release date
- May 21, 1993 : USA
- June 10, 1993 : Australia
- August 19, 1993 : Germany
- August 25, 1993 : France
- September 3, 1993 : Spain
- September 3, 1993 : UK
- October 1, 1993 : Sweden
- October 30, 1993 : Japan
- December 13, 1993 : India
- Sharon Stone as Carly Norris
- William Baldwin as Zeke Hawkins
- Tom Berenger as Jack Landsford
- Polly Walker as Vida Warren
- Colleen Camp as Judy Marks
- Amanda Foreman as Samantha Moore
- Martin Landau as Alex Parsons
- CCH Pounder as Lt. Victoria Hendrix
- Nina Foch as Evelyn McEvoy
- Keene Curtis as Gus Hale
- Nicholas Pryor as Peter Farrell
- Anne Betancourt as Jackie Kinsella
- Tony Peck as Martin Kinsella
- Frantz Turner as Doorman #1
- Melvyn Kinder as Dr. Palme (as Dr. Melvyn Kinder)
Carly Norris (Sharon Stone), a book editor and divorcee in her mid 30s, moves into the exclusive New York City sliver building “113”. She meets other tenants including Zeke (William Baldwin), a video game designer; Jack (Tom Berenger), a novelist; Vida (Polly Walker), a fashion model who moonlights as a call girl; and Gus (Keene Curtis), a professor of videography at New York University. They tell Carly that she bears a striking resemblance to Naomi Singer, the previous tenant of her apartment who fell to her death from her balcony.
After running into Zeke numerous times, Carly invites him to her housewarming party. Soon after they begin a sexual relationship. Meanwhile Jack starts stalking Carly and warning her about Zeke who he says is “sick”. As Jack’s behavior becomes more erratic, Gus and Vida die under suspicious circumstances. Zeke reveals to Carly that he is the owner of 113, which he bought with the inheritance of his wealthy father. As owner of 113, Zeke installed a comprehensive video surveillance system throughout the building, allowing him to spy on all of the tenants of 113 from his own secret surveillance room. Through deduction and eventually one of Zeke’s secret recordings, Carly learns that Jack killed Naomi in a crime of passion. Jack was jealous of Zeke, who had sexual relations with Naomi and a number of other tenants in 113. Finally Jack attacks Carly in her own apartment, and she shoots him dead.
Angry at Zeke for withholding evidence in Naomi’s murder, and jealous of his liaisons with the other tenants, Carly destroys Zeke’s surveillance room, tells him to “get a life”, then leaves.
Also, check these topics out: Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Bad Ideas Season 1, The Cuban movie, Marvel movies in order by release date, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, Doom Patrol Season 2 Episode 8 trailer, 2020 Oscars, Centigrade movie, Days of Thunder movie. Sliver (1993 movie) Sharon Stone. Sliver movie 1993 trailer, cast Sharon Stone, William Baldwin.