Cobra is a 1986 Americanaction filmdirected by George P. Cosmatos, and written by Sylvester Stallone, who also starred in the title role. The film co-stars Reni Santoni, Brigitte Nielsen and Andrew Robinson. It is the first film where Brian Thompson plays a prominent role. The film was loosely based on the novel Fair Game by Paula Gosling, which was later filmed under that title in 1995.
However, Stallone’s screenplay was originally conceived from ideas he had during pre-production of Beverly Hills Cop, whose screenplay he heavily revised. He had wanted to make Beverly Hills Cop a less comedic and more action-oriented film, which the studio rejected as being far too expensive. When he left that project, Eddie Murphy was brought in to play the lead role.
- Starring : Sylvester Stallone / Brigitte Nielsen
- Genre : Action / Crime / Thriller
- Country : United States / Israel
- Language : English
- Director : George P. Cosmatos
- Production : Warner Bros. / Cannon Group / Golan-Globus Productions
- Distributor : Cannon Film Distributors / Warner Bros. / Warner Home Video / Columbia-Warner Filmes de Portugal / Warner-Columbia Films / Warner-Columbia Filmverleih / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Argentina Video Home / Fazer Musiikki Oy/Fazer Video / Future Film / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / Scream Factory / Sub / Varus Video / Viacom / Yleisradio (YLE)
Cobra release date
- May 23, 1986 : USA
- July 24, 1986 : Australia
- August 1, 1986 : UK
- August 1, 1986 : Ireland
- August 8, 1986 : Spain (Madrid)
- August 9, 1986 : Japan
- October 22, 1986 : France
- May 13, 1988 : Sweden
- Sylvester Stallone as Marion Cobretti
- Brigitte Nielsen as Ingrid
- Reni Santoni as Gonzales
- Andrew Robinson as Detective Monte
- Brian Thompson as Night Slasher
- John Herzfeld as Cho
- Lee Garlington as Nancy Stalk
- Art LaFleur as Captain Sears (as Art La Fleur)
- Marco Rodríguez as Supermarket Killer (as Marco Rodriguez)
- Ross St. Phillip as Security Guard
- Val Avery as Chief Halliwell
- David Rasche as Dan
- John Hauk as Low Rider
- Nick Angotti as Prodski
- Nina Axelrod as Waitress
An armed gunman causes a hostage crisis at a Los Angeles supermarket. When negotiations between him and law enforcement fail, the LAPD summons Lieutenant Marion Cobretti (Stallone), a member of the agency’s elite division known as the “Zombie Squad”. Cobretti, known by the codename “Cobra”, infiltrates the store, locates, and negotiates with the gunman, who threatens him by speaking of a vague and unknown organization known as “The New World”, a supremacist group of social darwinist radicals that despise modern society and believe in killing the weak, leaving only the strongest and smartest to rule the world. Cobretti then kills the gunman by throwing a knife at his abdomen and firing shots at him.
As the hostages and bodies are removed from the store, Cobretti is admonished by Detective Monte (Robinson) for his seeming disregard for police procedures and protocols. Harassed by reporters, Cobretti admonishes them for failing to prioritize the safety of potential victims. Little does everyone realize at the time that the supermarket hostage crisis is only one of a string of recent and seemingly unconnected acts of violence and murder that have broken loose in Los Angeles, perpetrated by the same supremacist group the supermarket gunman mentioned.
Also, check these topics out: Who won The Masked Singer 2019, 2020 Oscars, Honest Thief Liam Neeson, Still Here movie, Black Swan movie, Marvel movies in order by release date, Capote movie, Géométrie Variable World of Dance 2020 Semi-Finals, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote. Cobra (1986 movie) Sylvester Stallone. Cobra movie 1986 trailer, cast Sylvester Stallone, Brigitte Nielsen.