Falling in Love is a 1984 American romantic drama film directed by Ulu Grosbard, written by Michael Cristofer, and starring Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep. The film received mixed reviews and was a box office bomb.
- Starring : Robert De Niro / Meryl Streep
- Genre : Drama / Romance
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Ulu Grosbard
- Production : Paramount Pictures
- Distributor : Paramount Pictures / United International Pictures (UIP) / Paramount Home Entertainment / Argentina Video Home / CIC Vídeo / Esselte CIC Video / Home Video Hellas (HVH) / Nine Network Australia / Oldies.com / Paramount Home Video / Shock / Warner Archive Collection / Warner Home Video
Falling in Love movie
Falling in Love release date
- November 21, 1984 : USA
- February 21, 1985 : Australia
- March 18, 1985 : Spain
- March 21, 1985 : Japan
- March 27, 1985 : France
- April 3, 1985 : Sweden
- May 3, 1985 : UK
- May 10, 1985 : Ireland
Falling in Love cast
- Robert De Niro as Frank Raftis
- Meryl Streep as Molly Gilmore
- Harvey Keitel as Ed Lasky
- Jane Kaczmarek as Ann Raftis
- George Martin as John Trainer
- David Clennon as Brian Gilmore
- Dianne Wiest as Isabelle
- Victor Argo as Victor Rawlins
- Wiley Earl as Mike Raftis
- Jesse Bradford as Joe Raftis
- Chevi Colton as Elevator Woman
- Richard Giza as Salesman
- Frances Conroy as Waitress
- James Ryan as Cashier
- Sonny Abagnale as Tow Truck Driver
On Christmas Eve, commercial artist Molly Gilmore and architectural engineer Frank Raftis are last-minute Christmas shopping in Manhattan. Frank meets his colleague Ed for drinks; Ed tells Frank he is getting divorced. Molly sees her friend Isabelle, who is married, but plans to spend Christmas with another man; Molly also visits her sick father. Later that day, at the counter in a hectic bookstore, Frank and Molly get their packages mixed up, and on Christmas Day, Molly’s husband, Brian, and Frank’s wife, Ann, each open the books that were meant for the other.
Three months later, Frank and Molly, who commute into Manhattan from adjacent stops on the Metro-North Hudson Line, run into each other on the morning train. They struggle to place each other, but eventually, Frank remembers, and reminds her of the confusion over the books. Later that day, Frank’s boss asks him to take a post in Houston. Molly visits her father in hospital. Molly tells Isabelle about Frank; Frank tells Ed about Molly. That evening, Frank waits for Molly at Grand Central Terminal. They talk, and agree to meet on the morning train later that week.
Against their better judgement, Frank and Molly grow closer. They see more and more of each other until, one afternoon, Frank takes Molly to Ed’s apartment. They begin to make love, but Molly cannot go through with it. They agree that they must stop seeing each other.
When Molly returns home that day, Brian gives her the news that her father has died. At the funeral, she has a panic attack. Convalescing, she tells Isabelle that it isn’t grief for her father that she is suffering, but the loss of Frank. Meanwhile, Frank agrees to take the job in Houston. He tells Ann about Molly, throwing the future of their marriage into question.
Also, check these topics out: Marvel movies in order by release date, Faith Based movie, Ten Minutes to Midnight movie, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, The Golden Child movie, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Alone release date, 2020 Oscars, I Know What You Did Last Summer movie. Falling in Love (1984 movie) Meryl Streep, Robert De Niro. Falling in Love movie 1984 trailer, cast Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep.