Hop is a 2011 American 3D live-action/computer-animated fantasy comedy film produced by Illumination Entertainment and released by Universal Pictures, directed by Tim Hill and produced by Chris Meledandri and Michele Imperato Stabile. The film was released on April 1, 2011, in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Hop stars Russell Brand as E.B., the Easter Bunny (Hugh Laurie)’s son who would rather drum in a band than succeed his father as the Easter Bunny; James Marsden as Fred O’Hare, a human who is out of work and wishes to become the next Easter Bunny himself; and Hank Azaria as Carlos, an evil chick who plots to take over the Easter organization. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on March 23, 2012, in Region 1.
- Starring : James Marsden / Russell Brand
- Genre : Animation / Adventure / Comedy / Family / Fantasy
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Chinese / Spanish / French / Ukrainian
- Director : Tim Hill
- Production : Universal Pictures / Relativity Media / Illumination Entertainment
- Distributor : Universal Studios / Forum Cinemas / Solar Entertainment / Toho-Towa / United International Pictures (UIP) / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Universal Pictures / Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais / 9Go! / Argentina Video Home / Italia 1 / Kanal 11 / Paramount Home Entertainment / SBS9 / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Waylen Group
Hop release date
- March 27, 2011 : USA (Universal City, California) (premiere)
- March 31, 2011 : Germany
- March 31, 2011 : Singapore
- April 1, 2011 : Canada
- April 1, 2011 : UK
- April 1, 2011 : Ireland
- April 1, 2011 : Philippines
- April 1, 2011 : Sweden
- April 1, 2011 : USA
- April 7, 2011 : Australia
- April 7, 2011 : Israel
- April 15, 2011 : Spain
- July 3, 2011 : France (Paris Cinéma)
- July 6, 2011 : France
- August 19, 2011 : Japan
- James Marsden as Fred O’Hare
- Russell Brand as E.B. (voice) / Production Assistant
- Kaley Cuoco as Sam O’Hare
- Hank Azaria as Carlos / Phil (voice)
- Gary Cole as Henry O’Hare
- Elizabeth Perkins as Bonnie O’Hare
- Hugh Laurie as E.B.’s Dad (voice)
- Tiffany Espensen as Alex O’Hare
- David Hasselhoff as David Hasselhoff
- Chelsea Handler as Mrs. Beck
- Dustin Ybarra as Cody
- Carlease Burke as Receptionist
- Veronica Alicino as Waitress
- Django Marsh as Young E.B.(voice)
- Jimmy Carter as Blind Boys of Alabama (as Jimmy Lee Carter)
On Easter Island, an optimistic, young, talking rabbit named E.B. is intended to succeed his father as the Easter Bunny. Intimidated by the calling’s demands and ignoring his father’s orders, E.B. runs away to Hollywood to pursue his dream of becoming a drummer. His father sends his royal guards, the Pink Berets, to search for him and bring him back. Meanwhile, E.B.’s father’s second-in-command Carlos the Chick plots a coup d’état against him to take over Easter.
In Van Nuys, E.B. is hit by Frederick “Fred” O’Hare, an out-of-work, job-hopping slacker who was driving to his sister Sam’s boss’s house to house-sit, while his parents forced him to move out. Feigning injury, E.B. persuades Fred to take him in as he recovers, but when E.B. causes trouble, Fred attempts to release him in the wilderness. E.B. persuades to help him by claiming to be the Easter Bunny, whom Fred as a child had witnessed delivering eggs.
E.B. sees the Berets closing in on him and hides inside a business where Fred is having a job interview. E.B. enjoys a successful recording session with The Blind Boys of Alabama as their substitute drummer, but ruins Fred’s job interview. In the process, E.B. gets a tip about a possible audition for David Hasselhoff, who invites him to perform on his show.
Also, check these topics out: Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Ammonite movie, Country at Heart trailer, Dragon’s Dogma Netflix, The Gift Season 2, Marvel movies in order by release date, Batman Returns movie, 2020 Oscars. Hop (2011 movie) James Marsden, Russell Brand, Kaley Cuoco. Hop movie 2011 trailer, cast James Marsden, Russell Brand, Kaley Cuoco | Comedy, Animation.