Fever Pitch (released as The Perfect Catch outside the United States and Canada) is a 2005 American romantic comedy film. It is directed by the Farrelly brothers, and stars Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. It is a remake of the British 1997 film of the same name. Nick Hornby, who had written the original 1992 book and the 1997 screenplay adaptation, acted as an executive producer for the American remake.
- Starring : Jimmy Fallon / Drew Barrymore
- Genre : Comedy / Drama / Romance / Sport
- Country : United States / Germany
- Language : English
- Director : Bobby Farrelly / Peter Farrelly
- Production : Fox 2000 Pictures / Flower Films (II) / Wildgaze Films / Alan Greenspan Productions / Mars Media Beteiligungs / ELC Productions Ltd.
- Distributor : Twentieth Century Fox / 20th Century Fox / 20th Century Fox de Venezuela / 20th Century Fox Argentina / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / Cielo / FS Film / Fox / Gativideo / RTL Entertainment / SF Home Entertainment / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Fever Pitch movie
Fever Pitch release date
- April 6, 2005 : USA (Boston, Massachusetts) (premiere)
- April 8, 2005 : USA
- August 12, 2005 : UK
- August 12, 2005 : Ireland
- September 1, 2005 : Singapore
- September 8, 2005 : Australia
- September 21, 2005 : Philippines
- September 30, 2005 : Spain
- October 19, 2005 : France
- October 27, 2005 : Germany
- January 25, 2006 : Sweden (DVD premiere)
- July 8, 2006 : Japan
Fever Pitch cast
- Drew Barrymore as Lindsey
- Jimmy Fallon as Ben
- Jason Spevack as Ben – 1980
- Jack Kehler as Al
- Scott Severance as Artie (as Scott H. Severance)
- Jessamy Finet as Teresa (as Jessamy R. Finét)
- Maureen Keiller as Viv
- Lenny Clarke as Uncle Carl
- Ione Skye as Molly
- KaDee Strickland as Robin
- Marissa Jaret Winokur as Sarah
- Evan Helmuth as Troy
- Brandon Craggs as Casey
- Brett Murphy as Ryan
- Isabella Fink as Audrey
7-year-old Ben Wrightman has just moved to the greater Boston area with his mother following his parents’ divorce. To cheer the boy up, Ben’s kindly uncle Carl brings him to a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park. That day, young Ben is hooked and becomes a die-hard Red Sox fan for life.
23 years later, the adult Ben (Jimmy Fallon) still lives in Boston and works as a school teacher, and has inherited his uncle’s season tickets. Almost all of his possessions bear the Red Sox logo (with the exception of his toilet paper, which bears the New York Yankees insignia). On a school trip, Ben meets Lindsey Meeks (Drew Barrymore), a professionally successful workaholic executive. When Ben asks her out, Lindsey initially rejects him, but she later changes her mind and agrees to go out with him.
On the evening of their first date, Ben arrives at Lindsey’s apartment to find her ill with food poisoning. Ben cares for Lindsey, helping her into her pajamas, cleaning up her bathroom, and bringing a care package with a DVD copy of Road House. Lindsey is charmed by his care and commitment, and the two develop a romantic relationship.
That spring, Ben asks Lindsey to accompany him to the Red Sox Opening Day. Lindsey, who knows little about baseball or the Red Sox, learns about the Curse of the Bambino from the season ticket holders who sit near Ben (including Al Waterman, a sponge salesman who also narrates the story). The two continue attending the games together, until one evening when Lindsey attempts to catch up on work by taking her laptop to the game. Lindsey is knocked out by a line drive foul ball by then Baltimore Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada off Mike Myers (which ends up making the late night sports highlight reel). She eventually recovers but stops going to the games.
Also, check these topics out: 2020 Oscars, Marvel movies in order by release date, Roxanne movie, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Sabrina movie, High Fidelity movie, About a Boy movie, There’s Something About Mary movie, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote. Fever Pitch (2005 movie) Jimmy Fallon, Drew Barrymore, Comedy. Fever Pitch movie 2005 trailer, cast Jimmy Fallon, Drew Barrymore | Comedy.