Lucky Numbers is a 2000 black comedy film directed by Nora Ephron. The screenplay by Adam Resnick was inspired by the 1980 Pennsylvania Lottery scandal. It is the only film Ephron directed without also writing the screenplay.
- Starring : John Travolta / Lisa Kudrow
- Genre : Comedy / Crime
- Country : France / United States
- Language : English
- Director : Nora Ephron
- Production : Paramount Pictures / StudioCanal / Mad Chance
- Distributor : Paramount Pictures / Pathé Distribution / Bac Films / Tobis StudioCanal / United International Pictures (UIP) / Warner Sogefilms A.I.E. / A-Film Home Entertainment / AVU-Video-Vertriebs-GmbH / Eén / Iris / Movie Mix / Net5 / Paramount Home Video / Universum Film (UFA)
Lucky Numbers movie
Lucky Numbers release date
- October 24, 2000 : USA (premiere)
- October 27, 2000 : USA
- February 8, 2001 : Australia
- March 1, 2001 : Singapore
- March 16, 2001 : UK
- March 16, 2001 : Ireland
- April 21, 2001 : Japan (Tokyo)
- May 17, 2001 : Germany
- June 14, 2001 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- June 22, 2001 : Spain
- August 1, 2001 : France
Lucky Numbers cast
- John Travolta as Russ Richards
- Lisa Kudrow as Crystal
- Tim Roth as Gig
- Ed O’Neill as Dick Simmons
- Michael Rapaport as Dale
- Daryl Mitchell as Det. Chambers
- Bill Pullman as Det. Pat Lakewood
- Richard Schiff as Jerry Green
- Michael Moore as Walter
- Sam McMurray as Chief Troutman
- Michael Weston as Larry
- Maria Bamford as Wendy the Waitress
- Caroline Aaron as Nurse Sharpling
- John F. O’Donohue as Bobby (as John F. O’Donahue)
- Colin Mochrie as Jack
Russ Richards (John Travolta), the weatherman for a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania television station, is revered as a local celebrity by his viewers, and fame affords him such perks as a reserved parking spot and his own booth at Denny’s, where an omelet bears his name. His eternally optimistic demeanor conceals the fact his snowmobile dealership is on the verge of bankruptcy due to an unusually warm winter.
His friend Gig (Tim Roth), a shady strip club owner, suggests an insurance scam will free Russ of his financial problems, but when the scheme fails to pay off, Russ finds himself even deeper in debt and the target of a hitman named Dale (Michael Rapaport). Gig then proposes Russ rig the Pennsylvania Lottery with the help of his amoral girlfriend Crystal Latroy (Lisa Kudrow), a ditzy model who pulls and announces the winning numbers on television, and her oddball cousin Walter (Michael Moore), who will pose as the owner of the lucky ticket.
Their plan works, but before the $6.4 million jackpot can be claimed, everything begins to unravel. First, Walter gets greedy, refuses to hand the winning ticket over to his cousin and Crystal’s physical confrontation triggers Walter’s ultimately fatal asthma attack. Sleazy station manager Dick Simmons (Ed O’Neill), who also is sleeping with Crystal, tries to blackmail her and Russ when he discovers what they have done, and others who have uncovered what appears to be the worst kept secret in town demand their share as well.
Also, check these topics out: Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, 2020 Oscars, Skai Jackson Dancing with the Stars Samba, Nev Schulman DWTS Cha Cha, AGT winner 2020, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Archie Williams Blackbird AGT, Marvel movies in order by release date, Kaitlyn Bristowe Dancing with the Stars Foxtrot. Lucky Numbers (2000 movie Comedy) John Travolta, Lisa Kudrow. Lucky Numbers movie 2000 trailer, cast John Travolta, Lisa Kudrow | Comedy.