High School Musical 3: Senior Year is a 2008 American musical film written by Peter Barsocchini and directed by Kenny Ortega. It is the thirdinstallment in the High School Musical trilogy.
- Starring : Zac Efron / Vanessa Hudgens
- Genre : Comedy / Drama / Family / Music / Musical / Romance
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Kenny Ortega
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Borden and Rosenbush Entertainment
- Distributor : Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Audio Visual Enterprises / Audio Visual Entertainment / Buena Vista International / Falcon / Forum Hungary / Saturn Enternainment / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Disney Channel / Film1 / Gativideo / Moviemax Family / Net5 / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
High School Musical 3: Senior Year movie
High School Musical 3: Senior Year release date
- September 28, 2008 : Sweden (Stockholm) (premiere)
- October 22, 2008 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- October 22, 2008 : France
- October 22, 2008 : UK
- October 22, 2008 : Ireland
- October 22, 2008 : Sweden
- October 23, 2008 : United Arab Emirates
- October 23, 2008 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- October 23, 2008 : Germany
- October 23, 2008 : Israel
- October 24, 2008 : Canada
- October 24, 2008 : Spain
- October 24, 2008 : Philippines
- October 24, 2008 : Singapore
- October 24, 2008 : USA
- November 10, 2008 : Australia (Sydney) (premiere)
- December 4, 2008 : Australia
- February 7, 2009 : Japan
High School Musical 3: Senior Year cast
- Zac Efron as Troy Bolton
- Vanessa Hudgens as Gabriella Montez
- Ashley Tisdale as Sharpay Evans
- Lucas Grabeel as Ryan Evans
- Corbin Bleu as Chad Danforth
- Monique Coleman as Taylor McKessie
- Olesya Rulin as Kelsi Nielsen
- Chris Warren as Zeke Baylor(as Chris Warren Jr.)
- Ryne Sanborn as Jason Cross
- KayCee Stroh as Martha Cox(as Kaycee Stroh)
- Bart Johnson as Coach Bolton
- Alyson Reed as Ms. Darbus
- Matt Prokop as Jimmie Zara
- Justin Martin as Donny Dion
- Jemma McKenzie-Brown as Tiara Gold
High School Musical 3: Senior Year follows six friends: Troy Bolton (Zac Efron), Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens), Sharpay Evans (Ashley Tisdale), her twin brother Ryan (Lucas Grabeel), Chad Danforth (Corbin Bleu), and Taylor McKessie (Monique Coleman), who are in their final year of high school and face the daunting prospect of being separated as they go off to college. Joined by the rest of their East High Wildcat classmates, they stage their last spring musical, reflecting their experiences, hopes, and fears about the future.
High School Musical 3: Senior Year was developed immediately following the success of its predecessor. Production returned to Utah and received a $2 million tax-break incentive to return for a third installment, the largest the state has ever given to a film. Principal photography began in May 2008, and Walt Disney Pictures diverted a larger production and marketing budget to accommodate a theatrical release. Previous filming locations East High School and Murray High School were also returned to, while additional scenes were filmed in Los Angeles.
High School Musical 3: Senior Year premiered in London on October 17, 2008, and was theatrically released in the United States on October 24, 2008. Upon release, the film received generally positive critical success, with critics noting it as an improvement over the previous two installments. The film was also a commercial success, as it grossed over $90 million worldwide in its first three days of release, setting a new record for the largest opening weekend for a musical film. Overall, the film grossed $252 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film of the franchise. Meanwhile, the film’s soundtrack was also successful, as it peaked at number two in the United States.
It was followed by the spin-off film Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure (2011), which was released direct-to-DVD and on television.
The East High Wildcats basketball team trail the West High Knights in the championship game of the season. At the half, Troy rallies his team (“Now or Never”) and leads the team to victory. At the after-party, Troy and Gabriella discuss their unknown future and the short time they have left at East High (“Right Here, Right Now”). There is a quick interlude where Troy reminisces about wearing diapers At school, Ms. Darbus notices the lack of students signing up for the musical, and Sharpay suggests a one-woman show. Kelsi signs up everyone in homeroom, to the displeasure of the class. Ms. Darbus announces that the show will be called “Senior Year”, focusing on the future of the graduating seniors, and reveals that Sharpay, Ryan, Kelsi, and Troy have all been considered for a scholarship at Juilliard School, but only one will be chosen. Sharpay becomes desperate to win and, knowing that Kelsi will give the best songs to Troy and Gabriella, gets Ryan to try to persuade Kelsi to give them a song by predicting her (and Ryan’s) future (“I Want It All”).
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Tangled movie, AGT judges, Tron: Legacy movie, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time movie, Shameless Season 10 Episode 9, The Nightmare Before Christmas movie, Bolt movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, Bedtime Stories movie, The Princess and the Frog movie, The L Word: Generation Q Season 1 Episode 5, X Factor UK 2019, Cars 2 movie. High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008 movie). High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008 movie) trailer starring Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens.