Cars 2 is a 2011 American 3D computer-animated action-adventure comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. It is the sequel to 2006’s Cars and the second film in the Cars franchise. In the film, race car Lightning McQueen and tow truck Mater head to Japan and Europe to compete in the World Grand Prix, but Mater accidentally becomes sidetracked with international espionage.
In the film’s ensemble voice cast, Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Tony Shalhoub, Guido Quaroni, Bonnie Hunt, and John Ratzenberger reprise their roles from the first film. Paul Newman, who voiced Doc Hudson in the previous film, died in September 2008, so his character was written out of the film, while George Carlin, who previously voiced Fillmore, died during the same year, so his role was passed to Lloyd Sherr.
The returning cast is joined by Michael Caine, Emily Mortimer, John Turturro, Eddie Izzard, and Thomas Kretschmann, who voice the new characters introduced in this film. It was directed by John Lasseter, written by Ben Queen, and produced by Denise Ream. This was also the final film directed by Lasseter prior to his exit from Disney in 2018.
- Starring : Owen Wilson / Larry The Cable Guy
- Genre : Animation / Adventure / Comedy / Family / Sport
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Japanese / Italian / French
- Director : John Lasseter / Bradford Lewis
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Pixar Animation Studios
- Distributor : B&H Film Distribution / Feelgood Entertainment / Forum Cinemas / Forum Hungary / Walt Disney Company Nordic / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Walt Disney Studios / Westec Media Limited / BBC One / BBC Three / Disney Cinemagic / FX Network / Home Box Office (HBO) / Hotstar / SBS6 / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / The Walt Disney Company / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment / Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais
Cars 2 movie
Cars 2 release date
- June 18, 2011 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- June 23, 2011 : Australia
- June 24, 2011 : Canada
- June 24, 2011 : USA
- July 6, 2011 : Spain
- July 10, 2011 : France (Paris Cinema Festival)
- July 10, 2011 : Ireland (Galway Film Fleadh)
- July 22, 2011 : UK
- July 22, 2011 : Ireland
- July 27, 2011 : France
- July 28, 2011 : Germany
- July 30, 2011 : Japan
- August 5, 2011 : Sweden
- August 24, 2011 : Philippines
- August 25, 2011 : Singapore
Cars 2 cast
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater(voice)
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen(voice)
- Michael Caine as Finn McMissile(voice)
- Emily Mortimer as Holley Shiftwell(voice)
- Eddie Izzard as Sir Miles Axlerod(voice)
- John Turturro as Francesco Bernoulli(voice)
- Brent Musburger as Brent Mustangburger(voice)
- Joe Mantegna as Grem(voice)
- Thomas Kretschmann as Professor Z(voice)
- Peter Jacobson as Acer(voice)
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally(voice)
- Darrell Waltrip as Darrell Cartrip(voice)
- Franco Nero as Uncle Topolino(voice)
- David Hobbs as David Hobbscap(voice)
- Patrick Walker as Mel Dorado(voice)
Cars 2 was released in the United States on June 24, 2011. The film was presented in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D, as well as traditional two-dimensional and IMAX formats. The film was first announced in 2008, alongside Up, and Brave, and it is the 12th animated film from the studio. It received mixed reviews from critics and grossed $562 million worldwide. A sequel, Cars 3, was released on June 16, 2017, which was generally considered an improvement over Cars 2.
Finn McMissile, a British spy, infiltrates an oil rig owned by a group of lemon cars to rescue a fellow spy. He witnesses the lemons, seemingly led by Professor Zündapp, load an electromagnetic pulse emitter, disguised as a camera onto a shipping crate. After finding out the agent he came to rescue is dead, he flees and fakes his death.
Lightning McQueen is now a four-time Piston Cup champion after the recent death of his mentor Doc Hudson, and returns to Radiator Springs. However, Italian formula race car, Francesco Bernoulli, challenges McQueen to the newly created World Grand Prix, led by its creator Sir Miles Axlerod; who intends to promote his new environmentally friendly fuel, Allinol.. McQueen and his best friend Mater — along with Luigi, Guido, Fillmore, and Sarge — depart for Tokyo for the first race of the Grand Prix.
At a World Grand Prix promotional event, Mater makes a scene after leaking oil and eating a bowl of Wasabi, angering McQueen. While cleaning up, Mater interrupts a fight between American spy Rod “Torque” Redline (whom McMissile and his new partner Holley Shiftwell attempt to meet) and lemons Grem and Acer. Redline passes his information to Mater, whom Holley mistakes as a spy. Meanwhile, Redline is captured and killed by Professor Zündapp, who reveals that Allinol combusts when hit with an EMP pulse. Zündapp informs his superior, an unknown mastermind, that Redline passed on his information.
At the first race, three cars are ignited by the camera. McQueen places second in the race after Bernoulli, due to Mater accidentally giving him bad racing advice while evading Zündapp’s henchmen with help from Holley and Finn. McQueen snaps at Mater, who is abducted by Finn while attempting to return to Radiator Springs. After traveling to Paris to collect more information from Finn’s old friend Tomber, they travel to Porto Corsa, Italy, where the next race is being held. During the race, Mater infiltrates the criminals’ meeting, just as the camera is used on a few more cars, causing a multi-car pileup, while McQueen finishes first. Due to increased fears over Allinol’s safety, Axlerod lifts the requirement to use it for the final race. However, when McQueen decides to continue using it, the criminals plot to kill McQueen in the next race in London. This spooks Mater, causing him to blow his cover and allow him, Finn, and Holley to be captured.
Also, check these topics out: Dare Me Season 1 Episode 2, Brave movie, AGT judges, Planes movie, Planes Fire & Rescue movie, X Factor UK 2019, The Lone Ranger movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, Saving Mr. Banks movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Oz the Great and Powerful movie, Wreck-It Ralph movie, Muppets Most Wanted movie, Monsters University movie. Cars 2 (2011 movie). Cars 2 (2011 movie) trailer starring Owen Wilson, Larry The Cable Guy.