Swallow is a 2019 horror drama film written and directed by Carlo Mirabella-Davis, in his directorial debut. It stars Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Elizabeth Marvel, David Rasche and Denis O’Hare.
- Starring : Haley Bennett / Austin Stowell
- Genre : Drama / Horror / Thriller
- Country : France / United States
- Language : English
- Director : Carlo Mirabella-Davis
- Production : Charades / Logical Pictures / Stand Alone Productions / Syncopated Films
- Distributor : IFC Films / Charades / UFO Distribution
Swallow release date
- April 28, 2019 : USA (Tribeca Film Festival)
- June 13, 2019 : USA (Provincetown International Film Festival)
- July 11, 2019 : Canada (Fantasia International Film Festival)
- August 3, 2019 : Australia (Melbourne International Film Festival)
- September 7, 2019 : France (Deauville Film Festival)
- September 12, 2019 : Germany (Oldenburg Film Festival)
- September 21, 2019 : USA (Fantastic Fest)
- October 4, 2019 : USA (Montana Film Festival)
- October 5, 2019 : Sweden (Lund International Fantastic Film Festival)
- October 9, 2019 : USA (Nashville Film Festival)
- October 11, 2019 : Spain (Sitges Film Festival)
- October 16, 2019 : France (Festival International du Film Indépendant de Bordeaux)
- October 19, 2019 : USA (Brooklyn Horror Film Festival)
- November 15, 2019 : Ireland (Cork International Film Festival)
- November 25, 2019 : Singapore (Singapore International Film Festival)
- January 15, 2020 : France
- March 6, 2020 : USA (internet)
- March 6, 2020 : USA (limited)
- Haley Bennett as Hunter Conrad
- Austin Stowell as Richie
- Denis O’Hare as Erwin
- Elizabeth Marvel as Katherine Conrad
- David Rasche as Michael Conrad
- Luna Lauren Velez as Lucy
- Zabryna Guevara as Alice
- Laith Nakli as Luay
- Babak Tafti as Aaron
- Nicole Kang as Bev
- Olivia Perez as Nim
- Kristi Kirk as Lillian
- Alyssa Bresnahan as Jill
- Maya Days as Dr. Santos(as Laura Dias)
- Elise Santora as Dr. Reyes
The film had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 28, 2019. It was released in France on January 15, 2020, by UFO Distribution, and is scheduled to be released in the United States on March 6, 2020, by IFC Films.
In September 2016, it was announced Carlo Mirabella-Davis would direct the film, from a screenplay he wrote. Mynette Louie, Mollye Asher will produce the film, while Syncopated Films and Standalone Productions will also produce the film. In May 2018, Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell, Elizabeth Marvel, David Rasche, and Denis O’Hare joined the cast of the film. Carole Baraton, Frédéric Fiore will produce the film, under their Charades and Logical Pictures banners, respectively. Joe Wright, Bennett, Constantin Briest, Johann Comte, Pierre Mazars, Eric Tavitian and Sam Bisbee, will executive produce the film.
Swallow had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 28, 2019. Shortly after, IFC Films acquired US distribution rights to the film. It was released in France on January 15, 2020, by UFO Distribution, and is scheduled to be released in the United States on March 6, 2020.
Haley Bennett is an American actress and singer. She made her film debut as pop star Cora Corman in the romantic comedy Music and Lyrics (2007) and has since appeared in the films The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008), College (2008), The Hole (2009), Kaboom (2010), The Equalizer (2014), Kristy (2014), Hardcore Henry (2015), The Magnificent Seven (2016), The Girl on the Train (2016), Thank You for Your Service (2017), and The Red Sea Diving Resort (2019).
Bennett’s parents, Leilani (née Dorsey Bennett) and Ronald Keeling, met in church and hitchhiked to Florida while Leilani was pregnant with her. She is of English, Scottish, Irish, German, and Lithuanian descent. She was born in Fort Myers, Florida and raised in Naples, Florida. Her parents divorced when Bennett was 6, and she moved to Ohio with her father, who opened an automobile repair shop. They moved regularly around the state, with Bennett saying: “there was no time when I lived anywhere longer than two years. I was always a social outcast. Maybe I didn’t care what people thought because I , ‘Well, I probably won’t stick around here for too long’.”
Bennett describes her childhood as “nomadic”, as she moved between living with her father in Ohio and her mother in Florida: “I lived somewhat of a nomadic life even when I lived in Ohio. We spent time in rural areas, in suburban areas, never really city areas. We rode four-wheelers. We had pigs and ferrets. And creeks. We had a creek in my backyard. It was like Huckleberry Finn… I was kind of a tomboy for awhile. It’s tough to explain because I grew up with my mom and my dad simultaneously but separately because they weren’t together. So I kind of get femininity from my mother and boyishness from my dad. He loved fishing, he loves hunting, he loves boating, and football, baseball, and basketball. So that really saturated my life. And then my mother was very soft and also strong, but more of an artist. So I kind of had the best of both worlds.”
When Bennett was 10, she and her father moved to Stow, Ohio, where she attended Stow-Munroe Falls High School. At 13, she enrolled at Barbizon Modeling School of Akron, Ohio. She attended the International Modeling and Talent Convention in 2001 and 2006, where she won a major award, acted in school plays, and sang in choirs. She also lived with her mother in Naples occasionally, where she attended Barron G. Collier High School, and studied music and acting. When Bennett was 18, she persuaded her mother to take her to Los Angeles for three months to pursue an acting career. Just as she was about to return home, she managed to secure representation by claiming to her prospective agent that a highly-regarded agency had approached her. The agent refused to lose Bennett and signed her. Bennett began using her mother’s maiden name as her stage name.
Also, check these topics out: AGT Champions Voices of Service Brother, Coyote Season 1 Episode 1, AGT Champions Emil Rengle Bad Guy, All American Season 2 Episode 11, AGT judges, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Black Lightning Season 3 Episode 12, The Bachelor 2020 Season 24 Episode 5, Dare Me Season 1 Episode 6, 9-1-1: Lone Star Season 1 Episode 4, Fast & Furious 9 movie, Contagion movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, X Factor UK 2019. Swallow (2020 movie). Swallow (2020 movie) trailer starring Haley Bennett, Austin Stowell.