The Incredibles is a 2004 American computer-animated superhero film written and directed by Brad Bird, produced by Pixar Animation Studios, released by Walt Disney Pictures, and starring the voices of Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, Spencer Fox, Jason Lee, Samuel L. Jackson, and Elizabeth Peña.
Set in analternate version of the 1960s, the film follows the Parrs, a family of superheroes who hide their powers in accordance with a government mandate, and attempt to live a quiet suburban life. Mr. Incredible’s desire to help people draws the entire family into a confrontation with a vengeful fan-turned-foe and his killer robot.
- Starring : Craig T. Nelson / Holly Hunter
- Genre : Animation / Action / Adventure / Family
- Country : United States
- Language : English / French
- Director : Brad Bird
- Production : Pixar Animation Studios / Walt Disney Pictures
- Distributor : B&H Film Distribution / Buena Vista International Finland / Buena Vista International / Buena Vista Pictures / Cascade / Columbia Pictures / Falcon / ABC Family / British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Disney Channel / Disney Junior / Disney XD / Freeform / Gativideo / Mainostelevisio (MTV3) / National Broadcasting Company (NBC) / RTL / SBS6 / Slovo Filma / TV3 / Toon Disney / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
The Incredibles movie
The Incredibles release date
- October 27, 2004 : UK (London Film Festival)
- November 5, 2004 : Canada
- November 5, 2004 : Philippines
- November 5, 2004 : USA
- November 7, 2004 : UK (Leeds International Film Festival)
- November 10, 2004 : France (Paris)
- November 12, 2004 : Sweden
- November 18, 2004 : Singapore
- November 24, 2004 : France
- November 25, 2004 : Israel
- November 26, 2004 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- November 26, 2004 : Spain
- November 26, 2004 : UK
- November 26, 2004 : Ireland
- December 1, 2004 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- December 2, 2004 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- December 4, 2004 : Japan
- December 9, 2004 : Germany
- December 17, 2004 : India (Hindi version)
- December 26, 2004 : Australia
- January 12, 2005 : United Arab Emirates
- March 14, 2005 : USA (DVD premiere)
- February 28, 2015 : Australia (Pixar Film Festival)
The Incredibles cast
- Craig T. Nelson as Bob Parr / Mr. Incredible(voice)
- Holly Hunter as Helen Parr / Elastigirl(voice)
- Samuel L. Jackson as Lucius Best / Frozone(voice)
- Jason Lee as Buddy Pine / Syndrome(voice)
- Dominique Louis as Bomb Voyage(voice)
- Teddy Newton as Newsreel Narrator(voice)
- Jean Sincere as Mrs. Hogenson(voice)
- Eli Fucile as Jack-Jack Parr(voice)
- Maeve Andrews as Jack-Jack Parr(voice)
- Wallace Shawn as Gilbert Huph(voice)
- Spencer Fox as Dashiell ‘Dash’ Parr(voice)
- Lou Romano as Bernie Kropp(voice)
- Wayne Canney as Principal(voice)
- Sarah Vowell as Violet Parr(voice)
- Michael Bird as Tony Rydinger(voice)
Bird, who was Pixar’s first outside director, developed the film as an extension of the 1960s comic books and spy films from his boyhood and personal family life. He pitched the film to Pixar after the box office disappointment of his first feature, The Iron Giant (1999), and carried over much of its staff to develop The Incredibles. The animation team was tasked with animating an all-human cast, which required creating new technology to animate detailed human anatomy, clothing and realistic skin and hair. Michael Giacchino composed the film’s orchestral score.
The film premiered on October 27, 2004, at the BFI London Film Festival and had its general release in the United States on November 5, 2004. It performed well at the box office, grossing $633 million worldwide during its original theatrical run. The Incredibles received widespread approval from critics and audiences, winning two Academy Awards and the Annie Award for Best Animated Feature. It was the first entirely animated film to win the prestigious Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation. A sequel, Incredibles 2, was released on June 15, 2018.
Public opinion turns against Superheroes due to the collateral damage caused by their crime-fighting. After several lawsuits, the government initiates the Superhero Relocation Program, which forces Supers to permanently adhere to their secret identities and abandon their exploits. Fifteen years later, Bob and Helen Parr—formerly known as Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl—and their children Violet, Dash, and baby Jack-Jack are a suburban family living in Metroville. Although he loves his family, Bob resents the mundanity of his suburban lifestyle and white-collar job. Together with his best friend Lucius Best, formerly known as Frozone, Bob occasionally relives “the glory days” by moonlighting as a vigilante.
After his supervisor prevents him from stopping a mugging, Bob loses his temper and injures him, resulting in his dismissal. Returning home, Bob receives a message from a woman called Mirage, who gives him a mission to destroy a savage tripod-like robot, the Omnidroid, on the remote island of Nomanisan. Mr. Incredible battles and disables it by tricking it into ripping out its own power source.
Mr. Incredible finds the action and higher pay rejuvenating. He improves his relationship with his family and begins rigorous physical training while awaiting another assignment from Mirage over the next two months. Finding a tear in his super suit, he visits superhero costume designer Edna Mode to have it mended. Assuming that Helen knows what Bob is doing, Edna also makes suits for the rest of the family. Setting out for Nomanisan once again, Mr. Incredible discovers Mirage is working for Buddy Pine, a disaffected former fan whom he had rejected as his sidekick. Having adopted the alias of Syndrome, he has been perfecting the Omnidroid by hiring different superheroes to fight it, killing them in the process. Syndrome intends to send the perfected Omnidroid to Metroville, where he will secretly manipulate its controls to defeat it in public, becoming a “hero” himself. He will later sell his inventions so that everyone can become “super”, rendering the difference meaningless.
Also, check these topics out: Yellowstone Season 3 Episode 1, A Million Little Things Season 2 Episode 10, Ray Donovan Season 7 Episode 8, X-Men movies in order of release date, AGT judges, National Treasure movie, Ana 2020, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Deputy Season 1 Episode 1, The Pacifier movie, X Factor UK 2019, Vikings Season 6 Episode 6, Good Girls Season 3 Episode 1. The Incredibles (2004 movie). The Incredibles (2004 movie) trailer starring Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter.