Time Trap tells the story of a group of students in a remote area of Texas searching for their archaelogy professor named Hopper (Andrew Wilson), who has gone missing while searching for the Fountain of Youth. They then discover a mysterious cave by accident. While exploring the cave, the group experience a series of bizarre and dangerous events related to time and space distortion. They soon realize that they are trapped in a break in the space-time continuum where time passes much slower.
This 2017 sci-fi time travel adventure is directed by Ben Foster and Mark Dennis. It stars Brianne Howey, Cassidy Gifford, Olivia Draguicevich, Reiley McClendon and Andrew Wilson.
- Starring : Brianne Howey / Cassidy Erin Gifford
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Mark Dennis / Ben Foster
- Production : Pad Thai Pictures / Filmsmith Production & Management / Rising Phoenix Casting
- Distributor : Paladin / Broadmedia Studios / Eagle Films / Giant Interactive / Giant Pictures / ITN Distribution / Netflix / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Tiberius Film / Wild Duck Productions
Time Trap movie
Time Trap release date
- May 19, 2017 : USA (Seattle International Film Festival)
- October 28, 2017 : USA (Austin Film Festival)
- February 9, 2018 : USA (Mammoth Film Festival)
- February 24, 2018 : Japan
- April 28, 2018 : USA (Hill Country Film Festival)
- November 2, 2018 : USA
- November 13, 2018 : USA (Digital and VOD Release)
- December 5, 2019 : Germany (DVD premiere)
- August 23, 2020 : Spain (TV release)
Time Trap cast
- Reiley McClendon as Taylor
- Cassidy Gifford as Cara
- Brianne Howey as Jackie
- Andrew Wilson as Hopper
- Olivia Draguicevich as Veeves
- Max Wright as Furby
- Sabin Smith as Explorer
- Rich Skidmore as Rich Pintauro
- Jennifer Bateman as Furby’s Mom
- Grayson-Bell Burton as Hopper’s Sister
- Jocelyn Kay as Leviathan / Hopper’s Mother
- Chris Sturgeon as Hopper’s Father
- Hans Marrero as Fountain Guardian
- Zachary Matz as Cowboy
- Rusty Grimmer as Cowboy
Time Trap was initially conceived as found footage. Co-director Mark Dennis cited 1980s films, such as the Indiana Jones films and The Goonies, as an inspiration for the film. The premise came from a long, cross-country trip that Dennis took and then when he returned to the United States several years later, he was surprised by how much had changed.
The film premiered at the Seattle International Film Festival in May 2017, where it was nominated for Best Feature Film, Futurewave Youth Jury Award. Time Trap also received the Jury Prize for Most Innovative Narrative feature award at the Hollywood Film Festival 2017. On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, it holds an approval rating of 64% based on 11 reviews.
Time Trap was released to video on demand on November 13, 2018. It is currently available on Netflix.
Also, check these topics out: Marvel movies in order by release date, 2020 Oscars, The Great Gatsby movie, Max Major AGT 2020 drawing sun, Bonebreakers AGT 2020 Quarterfinals, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Dance Town Family AGT 2020 Quarterfinals, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, Nolan Neal Send Me A Butterfly AGT 2020. Time Trap (2017 movie). Time Trap movie 2017 trailer, cast Brianne Howey, Cassidy Erin Gifford | Science Fiction.