Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a 2008 American family comedy film produced by Walt Disney Pictures, the first in the Beverly Hills Chihuahua series. It is directed by Raja Gosnell and was released on October 3, 2008. The films stars Piper Perabo, Jamie Lee Curtis and Manolo Cardona as the human leads and Drew Barrymore, George Lopez and Andy Garcia in voice-over roles.
The plot centers on a female Chihuahua named Chloe, who gets dognapped in Mexico and has to escape from an evil Doberman, El Diablo, with help from a lonely German Shepherd, Delgado and a hyperactive male Chihuahua, Papi, who has a desperate crush on her. A sequel, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2, was released on direct-to-DVD on February 1, 2011, and Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva la Fiesta! was released on September 18, 2012.
- Starring : Jamie Lee Curtis / Piper Perabo
- Genre : Adventure / Comedy / Drama / Family / Romance
- Country : United States / Mexico
- Language : English
- Director : Raja Gosnell
- Production : Mandeville Films / Smart Entertainment / Walt Disney Pictures
- Distributor : Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Audio Visual Enterprises / Buena Vista International / Forum Cinemas / BBC Three / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Disney Channel / Film1 / Gativideo / Moviemax Family / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie
Beverly Hills Chihuahua release date
- September 18, 2008 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- September 25, 2008 : Australia
- October 3, 2008 : Canada
- October 3, 2008 : USA
- November 20, 2008 : Singapore
- December 25, 2008 : Sweden
- January 16, 2009 : UK
- January 16, 2009 : Ireland
- January 28, 2009 : Philippines
- February 6, 2009 : Spain
- March 5, 2009 : Israel
- March 21, 2009 : Japan (Okinawa International Movie Festival)
- March 25, 2009 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- March 25, 2009 : France
- March 26, 2009 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- April 30, 2009 : Germany
- May 1, 2009 : Japan
Beverly Hills Chihuahua cast
- Piper Perabo as Rachel
- Manolo Cardona as Sam Cortez
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Aunt Viv
- José María Yazpik as Vasquez
- Maury Sterling as Rafferty
- Jesús Ochoa as Officer Ramirez(as Jesus Ochoa)
- Eugenio Derbez as Store Owner
- Omar Leyva as Ranger
- Naomy Romo as Ranger
- Ali Hillis as Angela
- Marguerite Moreau as Blair
- Nick Zano as Bryan
- Carmen Vera as Inn Keeper Lady
- Gina Gallego as Shelter Director
- Hiram Vilchez as Desk Clerk
In Beverly Hills, California, wealthy businesswoman Vivian “Viv” Ashe leaves her richly pampered pet chihuahua, Chloe, with her irresponsible niece, Rachel, while she embarks on a business trip for ten days. Papi, the gardener Sam’s pet Chihuahua of Mexican descent, has an unrequited crush on Chloe, by which she is disgusted. On a whim, Rachel decides to go to Mexico with her friends and brings Chloe along. When Rachel leaves Chloe alone in the hotel room to go dancing at a club, Chloe goes looking for her, but gets dognapped as she tries to find Rachel and is sent to the dog fights in Mexico City. There, she meets a street-smart German Shepherd named Delgado. Rachel comes back to the hotel and is frantic when she finds Chloe missing.
Chloe is picked to fight in the pit against El Diablo, a fierce Argentinean-Bolivian Doberman Pinscher. Delgado helps her escape the dog fights, unleashing the other dogs from their cages and unlocking the ring to allow both Chloe and himself to flee. After several arguments, he then decides to return her to Beverly Hills safely.
Meanwhile, Rachel and Sam go to the Mexican police and offer rewards in an effort to find Chloe. El Diablo is sent by the dog fight ringleader, Vasquez, to capture Chloe and obtain the reward. The dogs reach the border by train, but they’re caught when the conductor wanders back to the place they and the other dogs are hiding. They’re forced to jump out, eventually arriving in the barren deserts of Chihuahua, where Delgado explains that he was a former police dog; he was retired after he lost his sense of smell during a raid and a sneak attack from El Diablo.
Rachel and Sam are in Puerto Vallarta and find that Chloe was spotted in the state of Chihuahua. After tracking Chloe and Delgado from Mexico City, El Diablo arrives in Chihuahua and attempts to capture Chloe. Papi saves her and ends up getting captured in a cage inside an abandoned Aztec temple. Delgado comes to rescue the two and is briefly defeated. Chloe then rescues Papi, but Delgado discovers that El Diablo had vanished. Rachel finds Chloe, and Vasquez is arrested by the police.
Chloe returns safely to Beverly Hills without Vivian finding out what happened and accepts a romantic relationship with Papi, as well as Rachel with Sam. The characters’ fates are later revealed: Delgado returns to being a police dog in Mexico; El Diablo is recaptured by Delgado and is adopted by a rich lady who “had a passion for fashion”; Chico and Manuel move to Beverly Hills and become rich; and Papi and Chloe have their first date.
Also, check these topics out: X Factor UK 2019, Tangled movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, The L Word: Generation Q Season 1 Episode 5, High School Musical 3 Senior Year movie, The Princess and the Frog movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Nightmare Before Christmas movie, AGT judges, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time movie, Tron: Legacy movie, Shameless Season 10 Episode 9, Bolt movie, Bedtime Stories movie. Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008 movie). Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008 movie) trailer starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Piper Perabo.