Wreck-It Ralph is a 2012 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 52nd Disney animated feature film. The film was directed by Rich Moore in his directorial debut, who also directed episodes of The Simpsons and Futurama, and the screenplay was written by Phil Johnston and Jennifer Lee from a story by Moore, Johnston, and Jim Reardon. John Lasseter served as the executive producer.
The film features the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch and tells the story of the eponymous arcade game villain who rebels against his “bad-guy” role and dreams of becoming a hero.
- Starring : John C. Reilly / Sarah Silverman
- Genre : Animation / Adventure / Comedy / Family / Fantasy
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Rich Moore
- Production : Walt Disney Animation Studios / Walt Disney Pictures
- Distributor : B&H Film Distribution / Cineforum / Columbia Pictures / Feelgood Entertainment / Forum Cinemas / Forum Film Bulgaria / Forum Film / Forum Hungary / NOS Audiovisuais / The Walt Disney Company / Walt Disney Company Nordic / Walt Disney Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Walt Disney Studios / Westec Media Limited / ABC Family / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / BBC One / Disney Channel / Disney XD / FX Network / Freeform / Home Box Office (HBO) / Hotstar / SBS6 / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Wreck-It Ralph movie
Wreck-It Ralph release date
- November 1, 2012 : United Arab Emirates
- November 1, 2012 : Philippines
- November 2, 2012 : Canada
- November 2, 2012 : USA
- November 9, 2012 : India
- November 29, 2012 : Israel
- December 5, 2012 : France
- December 6, 2012 : Germany
- December 20, 2012 : Singapore
- December 25, 2012 : Spain
- December 26, 2012 : Australia
- February 8, 2013 : UK
- February 8, 2013 : Ireland
- February 8, 2013 : Sweden
- March 23, 2013 : Japan
Wreck-It Ralph cast
- John C. Reilly as Ralph(voice)
- Sarah Silverman as Vanellope(voice)
- Jack McBrayer as Felix(voice)
- Jane Lynch as Calhoun(voice)
- Alan Tudyk as King Candy(voice)
- Mindy Kaling as Taffyta Muttonfudge(voice)
- Joe Lo Truglio as Markowski(voice)
- Ed O’Neill as Mr. Litwak(voice)
- Dennis Haysbert as General Hologram(voice)
- Edie McClurg as Mary(voice)
- Raymond S. Persi as Gene / Zombie(voice)
- Jess Harnell as Don(voice)
- Rachael Harris as Deanna(voice)
- Skylar Astin as Roy(voice)
- Adam Carolla as Wynnchel(voice)
Wreck-It Ralph premiered at the El Capitan Theatre on October 29, 2012, and went into general release on November 2. The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing $471 million worldwide against a $165 million budget and winning the Annie Award for Best Animated Feature, as well as receiving nominations for the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. The film was released on Blu-ray and DVD on March 5, 2013.
It is the first installment in the Wreck-It Ralph film series. A sequel, Ralph Breaks the Internet, was released on November 21, 2018.
When Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade closes at night, the various video game characters leave their normal in-game roles and, traveling through their cabinets’s power cables, socialize in a power strip, known as “Game Central Station”. Wreck-It Ralph, the antagonist of the game Fix-It Felix Jr., is ostracized by its other characters for being the game’s villain, while the titular hero Felix is praised and awarded medals. After the game’s inhabitants exclude Ralph from their thirtieth anniversary party, he sets out to earn a medal for himself to gain his neighbors’ respect. Felix worries that Ralph has “gone Turbo”—a term coined when notorious racing game character Turbo attempted to take over RoadBlasters out of jealousy, which resulted in both of their games being unplugged.
Ralph learns that he can obtain a medal from the first-person shooter, Hero’s Duty. After disrupting a game session, Ralph scales the game’s central beacon and obtains a medal, only to hatch a Cy-Bug, a dangerous enemy. Ralph and the Cy-Bug stumble into an escape pod, which is launched out of the game, and crash land in Sugar Rush, a confectionery-themed kart racing game. With Ralph missing, his game is labelled as malfunctioning and faces being unplugged. Felix ventures to Hero’s Duty and allies with the game’s heroine, Sergeant Calhoun, to find Ralph and the Cy-Bug.
A young girl named Vanellope von Schweetz steals Ralph’s medal to buy her way into the nightly race that determines which characters are playable the next day, but King Candy, the ruler of Sugar Rush, forbids her from racing because she has glitches that cause her to teleport erratically. Ralph reluctantly agrees to work with Vanellope to retrieve his medal and help her win a race. They build a kart and hide out at Diet Cola Mountain, an unfinished race track, where Ralph teaches her to drive. King Candy hacks the game’s code to obtain Ralph’s medal, and offers it to Ralph in exchange for preventing Vanellope from racing. He explains that if Vanellope wins she will become playable and her glitches will lead to Sugar Rush being unplugged. Unable to leave the game because of her glitch, Vanellope will be left to disappear while King Candy and his subjects become homeless in the arcade. Ralph reluctantly agrees and destroys Vanellope’s kart. Heartbroken, she declares he “really is a bad guy” and runs off distraught. Upon returning to his game, which has been evacuated in anticipation of it being unplugged the next morning, Ralph notices Vanellope’s image on the side of the Sugar Rush cabinet and realizes she was meant to be a playable character. He returns to Sugar Rush and learns that King Candy had disconnected her code to render her a glitch, and erased all of the other characters’ memories of her, resulting in her becoming a hated outcast.
Also, check these topics out: AGT judges, NCIS Season 17 Episode 11, Planes Fire & Rescue movie, The Lone Ranger movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, Big Hero 6 movie, Monsters University movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Muppets Most Wanted movie, Oz the Great and Powerful movie, X Factor UK 2019, Planes movie, Saving Mr. Banks movie, Young Sheldon Season 3 Episode 11. Wreck-It Ralph (2012 movie). Wreck-It Ralph (2012 movie) trailer starring John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman.