National Treasure: Book of Secrets (released on home video as National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets) is a 2007 American adventure film directed by Jon Turteltaub and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. It is a sequel to the 2004 film National Treasure and is the second part of the National Treasure film series. The film stars Nicolas Cage, Diane Kruger, Justin Bartha, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel, Ed Harris, Bruce Greenwood, and Helen Mirren.
- Starring : Nicolas Cage / Jon Voight
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Mystery / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English / French
- Director : Jon Turteltaub
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Jerry Bruckheimer Films / Junction Entertainment / Saturn Films / Sparkler Entertainment / NT2 Productions
- Distributor : Audio Visual Enterprises / Buena Vista International (Norway) / Buena Vista International / Buena Vista Pictures Distribution / Falcon / Forum Hungary / United International Pictures (UIP) / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / ABC Family / British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) / Disney Channel / Film1 / Freeform / Gativideo / National Broadcasting Company (NBC) / Nelonen / Paramount Network / SBS6 / Syfy / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
National Treasure: Book of Secrets movie
National Treasure: Book of Secrets release date
- December 13, 2007 : USA (New York City, New York) (premiere)
- December 20, 2007 : Australia
- December 20, 2007 : Israel
- December 20, 2007 : Singapore
- December 21, 2007 : Canada
- December 21, 2007 : Spain
- December 21, 2007 : Japan
- December 21, 2007 : USA
- January 8, 2008 : Philippines
- January 11, 2008 : India
- January 11, 2008 : Sweden
- January 23, 2008 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- January 24, 2008 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- January 24, 2008 : Germany
- February 8, 2008 : UK
- February 8, 2008 : Ireland
- February 13, 2008 : France
National Treasure: Book of Secrets cast
- Nicolas Cage as Ben Gates
- Justin Bartha as Riley Poole
- Diane Kruger as Abigail Chase
- Jon Voight as Patrick Gates
- Helen Mirren as Emily Appleton
- Ed Harris as Mitch Wilkinson
- Harvey Keitel as Sadusky
- Bruce Greenwood as The President
- Ty Burrell as Connor
- Michael Maize as Daniel
- Timothy V. Murphy as Seth(as Timothy Murphy)
- Alicia Coppola as FBI Agent Spellman
- Armando Riesco as FBI Agent Hendricks
- Albert Hall as Dr. Nichols
- Joel Gretsch as Thomas Gates
The film premiered in New York City on December 13, 2007, and was released in North America by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures on December 21, 2007. Like its predecessor, the film received mixed reviews but was a box office success, grossing over $457.4 million worldwide.
On April 14, 1865, five days after the end of the American Civil War, John Wilkes Booth and Michael O’Laughlen enter a tavern in Washington, DC, and approach Thomas Gates to decode a message in Booth’s diary. Thomas recognizes the message as using the Playfair cipher and begins to translate it. While he does so, Booth leaves for Ford’s Theatre to assassinate US President Abraham Lincoln. Thomas solves the puzzle and realizes the men are members of the Knights of the Golden Circle and are Confederate sympathizers. A fight breaks out, and Thomas rips several pages from the diary and throws them in the fireplace. Thomas is shot, and the gunman retrieves only a page fragment.
Approximately 142 years later, Thomas’s great-great-grandson Ben Gates delivers a lecture on the story at a Civilian Heroes conference. A black market antiquities dealer, Mitch Wilkinson, shows one of the 18 missing pages of John Wilkes Booth’s diary, with Thomas Gates’s name written on it, convincing everyone that Thomas was not only a conspirator but also the grand architect of the Lincoln assassination. Ben sets out to prove Thomas’s innocence.
Using spectral imaging, Ben; his estranged girlfriend, Abigail Chase, and his friend, Riley Poole, discover a cipher pointing to Édouard Laboulaye hidden on the back of the diary page. Ben and Riley travel to Paris, where they find a clue engraved on the torch of the scale model of the Statue of Liberty, referring to the two Resolute desks. One of the desks is used by the President of the United States at the Oval Office in Washington, and the other is used by the Queen of the United Kingdom in Buckingham Palace in London.
Ben and Riley then head to London to infiltrate the Palace, and Abigail shows up unannounced. From the Queen’s desk, Ben obtains an ancient wooden plank. Meanwhile, Wilkinson has broken into Patrick Gates’s house and cloned Patrick’s cell phone to track Ben’s whereabouts. Wilkinson eventually obtains the wooden plank, but not before Ben manages to photograph the symbols carved into the plank.
Also, check these topics out: Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas movie, WALL-E movie, The Princess and the Frog movie, The L Word: Generation Q Season 1 Episode 5, X-Men movies in order of release date, AGT judges, Bolt movie, The Chronicles of Narnia movie, X Factor UK 2019, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Shameless Season 10 Episode 9, Bedtime Stories movie, High School Musical 3 Senior Year movie. National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007 movie). National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007 movie) trailer starring Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight.