Big Hero 6 is a 2014 American 3D computer animated superhero film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Loosely based on the superhero team of the same name by Marvel Comics, the film is the 54th Disney animated feature film.
Directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams, the film tells the story of Hiro Hamada, a young robotics prodigy who forms a superhero team to combat a masked villain. The film features the voices of Scott Adsit, Ryan Potter, Daniel Henney, T.J. Miller, Jamie Chung, Damon Wayans Jr., Genesis Rodriguez, Alan Tudyk, James Cromwell and Maya Rudolph.
- Starring : Scott Adsit / Ryan Potter
- Genre : Animation / Action / Adventure / Family / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Don Hall / Chris Williams
- Production : FortyFour Studios / Walt Disney Animation Studios / Walt Disney Pictures
- Distributor : B&H Film Distribution / CJ CGV Viet Nam / Columbia Pictures / Feelgood Entertainment / Forum Hungary / Walt Disney Company Nordic / Walt Disney Studios Japan / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Westec Media Limited / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Buena Vista Pictures / FX Network / Home Box Office (HBO) / Moviemax Family / NOS Audiovisuais / Slovo Filma / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Big Hero 6 movie
Big Hero 6 release date
- October 23, 2014 : Japan (Tokyo International Film Festival)
- October 25, 2014 : USA (Philadelphia International Film Festival)
- October 26, 2014 : USA (Austin Film Festival)
- October 26, 2014 : USA (New York International Children’s Film Festival)
- October 27, 2014 : USA (Savannah Film and Video Festival)
- October 31, 2014 : United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi Film Festival)
- November 1, 2014 : USA (Hawaii Film Festival)
- November 4, 2014 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- November 6, 2014 : United Arab Emirates
- November 6, 2014 : Philippines
- November 7, 2014 : Canada
- November 7, 2014 : India
- November 7, 2014 : USA
- November 13, 2014 : Singapore
- December 4, 2014 : Israel
- December 8, 2014 : Japan (Tokyo) (premiere)
- December 10, 2014 : Spain (Madrid) (premiere)
- December 19, 2014 : Spain
- December 20, 2014 : Japan
- December 26, 2014 : Australia
- January 16, 2015 : France (Alpe d’Huez International Comedy Film Festival)
- January 22, 2015 : Germany
- January 30, 2015 : UK
- January 30, 2015 : Ireland
- January 30, 2015 : Sweden
- February 11, 2015 : France
- August 1, 2015 : Japan (Stardust Theater in Haramura)
- September 27, 2015 : Japan (Tateshina Kogen Film Festival)
Big Hero 6 cast
- Scott Adsit as Baymax(voice)
- Ryan Potter as Hiro(voice)
- Daniel Henney as Tadashi(voice)
- T.J. Miller as Fred(voice)
- Jamie Chung as Go Go(voice)
- Damon Wayans Jr. as Wasabi(voice)
- Genesis Rodriguez as Honey Lemon(voice)
- James Cromwell as Robert Callaghan(voice)
- Alan Tudyk as Alistair Krei(voice)
- Maya Rudolph as Cass(voice)
- Abraham Benrubi as General(voice)
- Katie Lowes as Abigail(voice)
- Billy Bush as Newscaster(voice)
- Daniel Gerson as Desk Sergeant(voice)
- Paul Briggs as Yama(voice)
Big Hero 6 is the first Disney animated film to feature Marvel Comics characters, whose parent company was acquired by The Walt Disney Company in 2009. Walt Disney Animation Studios created new software technology to produce the film’s animated visuals.
Big Hero 6 premiered at the 27th Tokyo International Film Festival on October 23, 2014, and at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival on October 31; it was theatrically released in the Disney Digital 3-D and RealD 3D formats in the United States on November 7, 2014. The film was met with both critical and commercial success, grossing over $657.8 million worldwide and becoming the highest-grossing animated film of 2014. It won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and the Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Animated Movie. It also received nominations for the Annie Award for Best Animated Feature, the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film and the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film. Big Hero 6 was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on February 24, 2015.
A television series, which continues the story of the film, debuted on November 20, 2017 on Disney Channel and Disney XD.
Hiro Hamada is a 14-year-old high school graduate and robotics genius living in the futuristic city of San Fransokyo (a portmanteau of San Francisco and Tokyo) who spends much of his free time participating in illegal robot fights. To redirect Hiro, his older brother Tadashi takes him to the research lab at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, where Hiro meets Tadashi’s friends, Go Go, Wasabi, Honey Lemon, and Fred. Hiro also meets Professor Robert Callaghan, the head of the university’s robotics program. Amazed, Hiro decides to apply to the university.
To enroll, he signs up for the school’s showcase and presents his project: microbots, swarms of tiny robots that can link together in any arrangement imaginable using a neurocranial transmitter. At the fair, Hiro declines an offer from Alistair Krei, CEO of Krei Tech, to market the microbots, and Callaghan accepts him into the school. As the Hamada family leaves to celebrate Hiro’s success, a massive fire suddenly breaks out in the showcase hall and Tadashi rushes in to save Callaghan, the only person left inside. The building explodes moments later, killing both.
Weeks later, a depressed Hiro, in mourning for Callaghan’s and Tadashi’s death, inadvertently activates Baymax, the inflatable healthcare robot that Tadashi created after accidentally hurting his toe; the two find Hiro’s only remaining microbot and follow it to an abandoned warehouse. There they discover that someone has been mass-producing the microbots, and are attacked by a man wearing a Kabuki mask who is controlling them. After they escape, Hiro suspects that the fire that claimed his brother may not have been accidental and in fact started by the man in the kabuki mask to cover the theft of the microbots; seeking vengeance, Hiro equips Baymax with armor and a battle chip containing various karate moves, and they track the masked man to the docks. Go Go, Wasabi, Honey Lemon, and Fred arrive, responding to a call from Baymax, and the masked man chases the group. The six escape to Fred’s mansion, where they decide to form a high-tech superhero team to combat the villain: the Big Hero 6.
Also, check these topics out: A Wrinkle in Time movie, NCIS: Los Angeles Season 11 Episode 12, The Finest Hours movie, Into the Woods movie, AGT judges, The Good Dinosaur movie, X Factor UK 2019, Cinderella movie, Inside Out movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, FBI Season 2 Episode 11, Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The BFG movie. Big Hero 6 (2014 movie). Big Hero 6 (2014 movie) trailer starring Scott Adsit, Ryan Potter.